Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by neutrino
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I've been looking for a pin for awhile... I'm trying to get a cheap (1k-2k) but fun DMD, but I picked up an Atarti Time 2000 for free from someone nearby.

Its just sitting on a carpet right now, and the glass and head are not connected, but upon hitting the switch all of the lights, flippers, and poppers start going off. It scared the crap out of me! Why is it doing this?

#2 10 years ago

Bumping with a youtube link showing the problem:

Thanks!

#3 10 years ago

I'd double check you have the connectors right

#4 10 years ago

I can't be positive because I don't have the manual but I think they are right... I am in the process of trying to find a manual for cheap. I can't justify $50 for a manual when I got the machine for free.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from SlayAndChay:

I can't be positive because I don't have the manual but I think they are right... I am in the process of trying to find a manual for cheap. I can't justify $50 for a manual when I got the machine for free.

The Time 2000 manual can be found in digital form here: http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/PDF%20Pinball%20Atari/Time%202000/Time_2000_TM-099_1st_Printing.pdf

If you look closely, there are a few pages missing (i.e., pages 37-46). However, the boards in all of these Generation 1 Atari games are pretty much the same (although some transistors and ICs may not be populated if not used), so for the pages that are missing you can reference one of the other manuals, such as the Airborne Avenger manual (which can be found in the same site as listed above). The main difference between the games is the wiring harness to the playfield, but all other wiring (i.e., between boards) and the boards themselves are pretty much the same.

Did this game work (other than the displays) when you picked it up from the "seller"?

1 week later
#6 10 years ago

Did you ever get this going?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-goes-crazy-on-start-up-atari-time-2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.