(Topic ID: 79607)

Pinball machine from Canada to USA. Help?

By chadderack

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NinJaBooT
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

A forum search shows a little information, but horror stories as well:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trouble-with-getting-a-pin-from-canada-to-the-usa

*Apparently NAVL doesn't ship from Canada to the US any more
    *You have to prove the machine was made in the US to avoid import tax
    *Inconsistent info about having to use a customs broker

Is there a set of guidelines anywhere for this? Can someone lay out the skinny on this?

Another possibility might be meeting the seller at the border, or having him cross and then doing the transaction here. For him it would be 300 KM or so; for me it would be the same distance as from Salt Lake to Omaha NE... quite a ways.

If the cost is prohibitive, it may not be worth it at all... the pin is already more expensive than I can realistically afford (but we all know how that goes, right?)

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

No problem coming into the US providing the machine was actually made here... and it's for personal use.

I usually print the flyer out of the game I'm bringing back. There's usually a manufacturing address on it somewhere

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

No problem coming into the US providing the machine was actually made here... and it's for personal use.
    I usually print the flyer out of the game I'm bringing back. There's usually a manufacturing address on it somewhere

Thanks for the info. Will definitely print out a flyer for the game if I go this route (it would be an all day trip, and then some!)

Do you think there would be a problem taking a rental truck (Ryder/UHaul) across the border from the US?

It might just be easier to find a trucking company and pay $400-500.

#4 5 years ago

I called STI about 1 month ago and they said it was no problem bringing a pinball to the states from Canada. My quote was around $480 I think from Thunder Bay Ontario to Pennsylvania. All I needed was the Customs Broker info and to have a invoice faxed to STI/NAVL.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

I called STI about 1 month ago and they said it was no problem bringing a pinball to the states from Canada. My quote was around $480 I think from Thunder Bay Ontario to Pennsylvania. All I needed was the Customs Broker info and to have a invoice faxed to STI/NAVL.

Thank you. I called Michelle as well, and was quoted $509 and told I needed a customs broker. Anyone have one to recommend?

Thanks again everyone

#6 5 years ago

There's another similar thread going on right now in case you missed it:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-games-from-canada

#7 5 years ago

I used Livingston International,to bring a game from the US to Canada.
    It cost me 750.00 US with the game insured for 12,000.00 US

#8 5 years ago

Good info. Thanks guys.

NM, in my searches I put the keywords "USA" "Canada" and "US" "Canada" in the searchbox, so I didn't see that thread. Thanks.

Looks like http://www.dilas.ca/ would work... someone named smokedog said that the service can be done for around $100.

Think this particular deal is too rich for my blood, though. Might have to sleep on it.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Good info. Thanks guys.
    NM, in my searches I put the keywords "USA" "Canada" and "US" "Canada" in the searchbox, so I didn't see that thread. Thanks.
    Looks like http://www.dilas.ca/ would work... someone named smokedog said that the service can be done for around $100.
    Think this particular deal is too rich for my blood, though. Might have to sleep on it.

It is a beautiful MB

#10 5 years ago

try freightquote.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 156.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 87.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 430.00
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside