Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

60C79656-E823-4B66-BF5F-57455603FD34.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I have a pool in my backyard, and everyone who comes to trade games with me always makes the comment "has anyone ever dipped a pin in there"?

We always have a laugh, but we it's a bit sobering by the fact that there is a little bit of a tight turn once you get out of the house. But still, it seems highly unlikely that it could ever happen... UNTIL TODAY!

I have a groin injury from hockey, so my good friend came to help the buyer move Rick & Morty out. As they're moving it out of the house, I notice they're going a bit closer to the edge of the pool than I normally would. And just as I'm thinking "this could never happen", the buyer tumbles over, he falls in the pool, and the pinball machine is coming with him.

I do the awkward gasp, and reach out like I have The Force and can maybe prevent the disaster from happening by simply extending my arms, and by some miracle, my friend (who knows nothing about pinball) get a hold of the machine and pull it back so it's literally hanging on the edge of the pool.

The buyer is knee deep in the pool, basically standing on my winter cover, and the machine is precariously hanging. The three of us pivot the machine carefully, and pull it back to safety.

Now, when people joke about pins dipping in the pool, I have a cautionary tale for them.

It also got me thinking... Has anyone ever had a pin drop in a pool???

#2 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Capcom Airborne pinball in the back (somewhere in a ruin yugoslavia)
by Nate Robert : The photo was taken in 2013, in the indoor swimming pool room of the abandoned Hotel Fjord, in Kotor, Montenegro. I returned a few weeks ago (June 2014) – the arcade machines and pinball games have now been thrown into the pool.)
[quoted image]

Used to have the photo for this but can’t find it.

Quoted from Classic_Stern:

60C79656-E823-4B66-BF5F-57455603FD34.jpeg60C79656-E823-4B66-BF5F-57455603FD34.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-falls-in-a-pool?hl=jigz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.