(Topic ID: 79861)

Pinball Machine Dollies/Skates - Shipped to NZ

By Sly_Old_Devil

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Scissor Lift.jpg
    touch toes.png
    lg_pinball_02.jpg
    dolly-01.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hi Pinside,

Does anyone know where, or the best place is that I can get these pin-movers from other than Jabtec on E-Sucker* (EBAY), the prices with shipping to NZ are shocking and I think there must be better pricing/shipping options out there to make it a tad cheaper to get some?

Dollies
    dolly-01.jpgdolly-01.jpg
    Skates
    lg_pinball_02.jpglg_pinball_02.jpg
    Also if anyone knows what the weight of each set is I can look at shipping via the NZ post "pretend you live in the USA" postal service but it is a little limited on its weight concessions. I have asked Jabtec if they will combine shipping and of course they will and I'll ask them about each sets weight but you guys are usually more onto it for options. Is Jabtec on Pinside, I'll do a user search.

*not suggesting that Jabtec look for suckers at all as I would hit the buy now but EBAY/Jabtec/Direct shipping cost is a stinker and costs the same as the products basically? Just seeing if there is any better way first before bending over.

Cheers, Mark.

Post edited by lol_implied : No user called Jabtec when I searched.

#2 10 years ago

Bump......no responses yet......

.....better start limbering up

touch toes.pngtouch toes.png

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Hi Pinside,
    Does anyone know where, or the best place is that I can get these pin-movers from other than Jabtec on E-Sucker* (EBAY), the prices with shipping to NZ are shocking and I think there must be better pricing/shipping options out there to make it a tad cheaper to get some?
    Dollies

Skates

Also if anyone knows what the weight of each set is I can look at shipping via the NZ post "pretend you live in the USA" postal service but it is a little limited on its weight concessions. I have asked Jabtec if they will combine shipping and of course they will and I'll ask them about each sets weight but you guys are usually more onto it for options. Is Jabtec on Pinside, I'll do a user search.
    *not suggesting that Jabtec look for suckers at all as I would hit the buy now but EBAY/Jabtec/Direct shipping cost is a stinker and costs the same as the products basically? Just seeing if there is any better way first before bending over.
    Cheers, Mark.
    Post edited by lol_implied : No user called Jabtec when I searched.

dolly-01.jpg 26 KB

lg_pinball_02.jpg 11 KB

Do you have hardware stores in NZ that stock cheap Chinese products? I'd suggest buying a lift cart if you can. In the US we have Harbor Freight that sells cheapo (mostly poor quality) Chinese stuff, and they have a decent lift cart that can be used for pinball machines with minor modifications.

Not sure how much shipping would be, but they also have some things that look like those skates, though they're probably pretty low quality: http://www.harborfreight.com/3-wheel-movers-dolly-67208.html

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Do you have hardware stores in NZ that stock cheap Chinese products? I'd suggest buying a lift cart if you can. In the US we have Harbor Freight that sells cheapo (mostly poor quality) Chinese stuff, and they have a decent lift cart that can be used for pinball machines with minor modifications.
    Not sure how much shipping would be, but they also have some things that look like those skates, though they're probably pretty low quality: http://www.harborfreight.com/3-wheel-movers-dolly-67208.html

All our stores stock a ton of Chinese (not so cheap) low quality stuff being close to China etc but they all stock the same stuff and I have yet to find anything in Wellington or online like the items above or the Harbor Freight lift cart. Would prefer a lift cart and was jealous of the recent HF lift sale you guys had. I even tried the car stores (repco and super cheap auto) for lift devices but nothing platform related at reasonable price, might need to get creative and currently designing a rotisserie to see what the local fabricator will charge to build (he is normally cheap for the quality work he does).

Maybe some of the kiwis on here can chime in with what they use and where they got them from.

Cheers

#5 10 years ago

Maybe Rotordave can throw some sets into the Hearse

#6 10 years ago

does harbor freight ship international?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

Maybe Rotordave can throw some sets into the Hearse

Haha! Had the same thought when I read his plan to do route66 in a hearse, he could load up on these dollies and skates with a few HF lifts thrown in for good measure, ship it back to NZ and dish them out to us poor kiwi pinheads Robin Hood style RotorHood......kinda works eh.

What do you Aussies use and from where?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

does harbor freight ship international?

Says ring the call centre for international rates, extract below is from HF website.

SHIPPING INFORMATION
    $6.99 Flat-Rate Standard Ground Shipping
    (Overweight Charges May Apply.)
    Premium and Express Shipping Rates will be calculated based on the type of service and shipping address zip code entered on the “Shipping Method” page and the product weight.

*These rates do not apply to orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands – rates for these respective locations will be listed on the order summary during checkout.

For international shipping rates on your order, please contact our Call Center at 1-800-423-2567.

#9 10 years ago

I checked on their website "For International shipping rates, please contact our Call Center at 1-800-423-2567, available 24 hours a day/7 days a week."

Call em up and see, those skates like you have pictured above I use all the time, they are like $5 each, and work great in the shop... maybe get some guys together to split shipping and it may not be too bad...

#10 10 years ago

bought the skates on Ebag shipping @ $100

trolly http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/J048

#11 10 years ago

I have a set of the 3 wheel furniture dollies. They are pretty much useless unless they are bolted to the leg as the game will slip off quite easily. I solved the problem by permanently bolting them to an extra set of legs. It only takes a couple of minutes to change out the legs.

Jason

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

I checked on their website "For International shipping rates, please contact our Call Center at 1-800-423-2567, available 24 hours a day/7 days a week."
    Call em up and see, those skates like you have pictured above I use all the time, they are like $5 each, and work great in the shop... maybe get some guys together to split shipping and it may not be too bad...

Keep getting busy tone, will try again later, does anyone know where the HF CC is located (India like the rest of the planet?) and I'll check the local time there as there might be more agents during the day.

Good idea about sharing shipping.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from SchertzPinball:

I have a set of the 3 wheel furniture dollies. They are pretty much useless unless they are bolted to the leg as the game will slip off quite easily. I solved the problem by permanently bolting them to an extra set of legs. It only takes a couple of minutes to change out the legs.
    Jason

I use these all the time, they work great for moving games on legs, my fix was to put anti slip tool box liner on them, and I have had lots of luck so maybe this will help others.. good idea on a bolt on service set...
    -Also, I often just put them on the back legs when working on a machine, allows you to lift the front up about 1/2" and pull it around quite easily. If you are on an uneven surface like tile, they wont work great, but Im on concrete, and I always keep a pair in the truck with me when I buy a game too, used many times to move a game to an area to remove legs and such...

#14 10 years ago

Trolley looks similar to ones on Trademe (http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/containers-bins-trolleys/other/auction-693207055.htm) that are $800 kiwi + 50 delivery just spotted a used one at $350 + shipping might keep an eye on it.

#15 10 years ago

make sure you check the width of the trolly prior buying, or it wont fit under, that one is to wide

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

make sure you check the width of the trolly prior buying, or it wont fit under, that one is to wide

good tip, just excited to find something in NZ, too wide with the legs on but the second hand one is ok at 500mm just a shame it is in Auckland, anyone driving down to Wellington passing the Auckland North Shore area soon-ish

#17 10 years ago

Got a response back from Jabtec about the weight of a set of dollies and skates combined, 22lbs which is about 10kgs in new money.

Using EBAY would cost approx $415 kiwi for a set of both shipped.

Using NZ Post (USA postal address reship) total would cost approx $340 kiwi for a set of both shipped.

Going to check the weight and cost to ship the used trolley I found, trolley is $350 kiwi to buy.

#18 10 years ago

Still waiting for weight question to be answered but what I like about this one is that the unit only weighs 44kgs whereas some are up around the 120kg mark, more of a pain to move in and out of the car etc (for when I'm much older I mean )

#19 10 years ago

I tell you now, i moved a pin today, that trolley is bloody heavy, i struggle to flat lift it into the back of the wagon, i tilt it on its side then lift it from the side, must pin guys i know & dealers use that trolley above, there is not much other choice, the 2 mods i did was replace the caster wheels with soft rubber ones & glued a rubber mat on top, i would have bought a pin trolley from gamemasters which looks the goods at the time seemed expensive, will buy a GM trolley eventually, i really cant see my chinese one lasting IMO

#20 10 years ago

You could get shipping quoted here, no idea what the charges to NZ are, though. Just an idea.
    http://www.deko-design-klein-shop.de/epages/61790926.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61790926/Products/185202

These are 8kg, by the way. Very high quality.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

You could get shipping quoted here, no idea what the charges to NZ are, though. Just an idea.
    http://www.deko-design-klein-shop.de/epages/61790926.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61790926/Products/185202
    These are 8kg, by the way. Very high quality.

Thanks, no english version of the site so I will need to babelfish it, price to buy = Jabtec so all depends on the shipping.

Noticed they had repro T2 skull and HK ship are these as good a quality as they look?

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Noticed they had repro T2 skull and HK ship are these as good a quality as they look?

Don't have a T2, but generally the stuff he's producing is very well done - German engineering...

The feedback from people who bought the Scull & HS there is very positive, not one complaint: http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=133650

1 month later
    #23 10 years ago

Update if anyone cares, been a while just had a couple of speeding fines to...ahem...account for.....thanks NZ Police for saving me from harm twice in a week in perfect, empty dual carriageway, driving conditions, love your work.

So just ordered this 300kg lugging puppy from Topmaq in NZ with $70 kiwi shipping @ $370 Kiwi (~$376 USD), no competition here unfortunately.

I will need to do a handle mod and will also probably do a topper/platform to extend its dimensions when required, really looking forward to the help it is going to give me though as my wife and daughters are not much help in the moving and lifting area.

Features:
    - Capacity 300Kg.
    - Minimum table height 285mm, maximum table height 780mm.
    - Table size 815x495mm.
    - Weight ~58kgs packed

Scissor Lift.jpgScissor Lift.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-dolliesskates-shipped-to-nz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.