Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by VT8man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Hey everyone,
    I'm a noob and looking to buy a terminator 2 pin possibly but I have a slight dilemma. My game room is in my upstairs and my stair case to get up there is pretty narrow and has a 90 degree turn at the bottom and I have had problems getting larger items up these stairs in the past. I want to build a cardboard mock up of the pinball machine to see if I can maneuver it up the stairs but I'm unsure of that dimensions of these machines. Can someone please reply and let me know the dimensions of the body and folded down backglass of this machine, or just a standard pin?

#2 13 years ago

The dimensions for the Bally/Williams machines are listed in the manual. You can download the manual from the T2 page on http://www.ipdb.org .

#3 13 years ago

It's pretty standard, I own one. If you can hand truck it up the stairs, lean it on it's back an rotate it to make the turn. I cut a moving blanket and put it under the back of the machine once I get it on the hand truck so I can slide it with the front facing the ceiling. Strong friends help...lol

Rough measurements with the head down facing the machine as if you were playing:

Width = 29" (this is the top of the backbox, the body is about 22.5")
    Length = about 58" w/ the trigger ball launcher attached.
    Height = 34" (25" body w/ 9" wide backbox folded down) This is probably a little less, because the widest part of the backbox is on the slope of the playfield cabinet when folded down.

#4 13 years ago

Thanks so much, that really helps

#5 13 years ago

The backbox can also be removed but I would only do it if you have a knowledgeable pinhead with you. If you do go that route, label every connector in the backbox with a sharpie or something with it's "J" connector such as J135, J138 etc... Otherwise you might have difficulties putting it back together.

#6 13 years ago

It can be done I had to do it to get JunkYard out of a guys basement with that same turn. Youll want 3-4 guys to keep the machine from bumping walls. lift and carry it with the translit down and strapped to the body of course with the legs off.Make sure the back box or translit is going up the stairs first. when you get to the turn lay the machine down with the back on the ground and the coin door in the air. rotate it and lift and carry so the coin door side is the first to make it up stairs.

#7 13 years ago

A friend of mine was hauling a Video machine up to his 2nd floor and heard a 'crack'
    I guess the newer houses are built with cheaper wood then older ones?
    he split one of the stair risers with all that weight - something to think about

#8 13 years ago

Hope the house is still under warranty. Two guys = 400+ pounds and a pin = 300 pounds. That is quite a bit of weight on the stairs.

#9 13 years ago

Yeah I dont know what he did? I helped him move one.
    I would of started tearing off sheet rock to have a look see.
    I dont mind helping someone out with a game or two but when they tell ya you have to remove your shoes for the carpets sake...well thats when I draw a line

#10 13 years ago

one thing you DON'T want to do is move a piano up 2 flights of stairs with a 90 degree turn. That one hurt.
    That's the best way to get a pin up the stairs if you have enough ceiling clearance it to stand it upright around the corner.

#11 13 years ago

Also if this is your first pin, remove all balls and the coin tray before moving the machine, or they can fall out and break plastics, toys, etc.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-dimensions?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.