Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zarco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pinball machine as casket”

• Yes, I’d be interested in a pinball casket 17 votes
      36%
    • Weirdo... 30 votes
      64%

(47 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinafterdeath (resized).jpg
    4b7d2ff538a3c93df6e5a161a966e27e (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

So I’m going to a funeral tomorrow and the casket cost has come up in conversation. I have jokingly told my kids I want to be buried with my ijtpa. I’ve even heard people saying the want to be buried IN their pin. Has anyone actually done this? My last name is payne and I would think it would be cool to be buried in an old mm cab someone was discarding. It would actually be cheaper, in some cases. I wondered if there's a market for us nerds to get licensed person-sized pinball cabinets with decals for burial. Too weird?

Thoughts?

#2 3 years ago

This thread is making me Scared Stiff!

#3 3 years ago

I’ve often joked that married men should plan to be buried in a Genie cabinet. Then they can tell their wives that they plan to spend the afterlife with another woman.

#4 3 years ago

If you really want to save money, just super glue one of these bad boys to the top of an urn and call it a day....

4b7d2ff538a3c93df6e5a161a966e27e (resized).jpg4b7d2ff538a3c93df6e5a161a966e27e (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago

Seeing as I'm 6ft 3 , they are going to have to take a little off the bottom to get me in !

#6 3 years ago

No no, you get buried in the sitting position with your face as the backglass.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

This thread is making me Scared Stiff!

I don’t like the double entendre which that phrase invokes...

Someone’s getting a Bone Buster!

#9 3 years ago

To adjust to your size you can always get a cardboard casket and print the sides with your favorit game.
    Make it one with a fold-down backbox with your picture in it.
    At the end of the ceremony they can fold it down as a goodbye and lower the casket.
    That way you can leave the real game to your kids to enjoy.

#10 3 years ago

If this is even a remote consideration then ur a little 2 into this hobby. What's next making lamps out of pinball skin, and rugs out of wire. U probably have a pin tied up hanging in the garage.

#11 3 years ago

Haha, I crudely put this pic together in another thread (when someone asked what will happen to our pins when we die). My sister said she'll make it happen if she outlives me (pretty sure we were both joking... )

pinafterdeath (resized).jpgpinafterdeath (resized).jpg

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Haha, I crudely put this pic together in another thread. My sister said she'll make it happen if she outlives me

I have to ask, why did u opted for the traditional Congo style funeral?

#13 3 years ago

Best to get cremated and have your ashes pressed and made into pinballs....

#14 3 years ago

There's something wrong with you.

#15 3 years ago

Cremation is the best in my opinion. It’s cheaper, and uses the fewest resources. I’ve joked bout being buried in a game, but really just burn the body and dispose of it how you see fit.

#16 3 years ago

The correct and best way to be buried is naturally. They just wrap you up in a cloth like a mummy and place you in the ground. No casket, no embalming fluid. Nothing. This is the most environmentally friendly way and cheapest too. You are going to rot away anyways, why do it in style? Oh and cremation is the worst, leaves a huge carbon foot print.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

The correct and best way to be buried is naturally. They just wrap you up in a cloth like a mummy and place you in the ground. No casket, no embalming fluid. Nothing. This is the most environmentally friendly way and cheapest too. You are going to rot away anyways, why do it in style? Oh and cremation is the worst, leaves a huge carbon foot print.

Cremation may have some carbon foot print, but lets say 75 years ( as an example) of mowing countless cementary plots . How much pollution accrued then?
    Sorry for off topic.

#19 3 years ago

Hubby has stated that he wants to be cremated and his ashes placed in his Metallica cabinet. That way whenever I am playing he can rock out with me!
    I have not decided which game I would like my ashes placed in...most likely Bad Cats or???
    really not a subject I wish to ponder at the moment, so will leave that for another time!!!

Phoebe

#20 3 years ago

At least a few votes for pinball casket...

#21 3 years ago

My dad told the funeral director that he was paying to set up his funeral that he wanted to be buried in a pine box, because he did not want to pay for a casket. However, that is not legal, so he was required to purchase a casket. He opted for the cheapest one. Perhaps a pinball cabinet is like a pine box.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

My dad told the funeral director that he was paying to set up his funeral that he wanted to be buried in a pine box, because he did not want to pay for a casket. However, that is not legal, so he was required to purchase a casket. He opted for the cheapest one. Perhaps a pinball cabinet is like a pine box.

That sounds like one of those “legally I can’t let you drive out of here on those tires” scams to me. But I’m no expert in funeral law

#23 3 years ago

This is hilarious and something my wife has suggested for me in the past.
    A pinball cabinet or one of my classic cars. Won't care, I'll be dead!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-as-casket?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.