Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago

CSI. -Abreviation CSI

#102 9 years ago

Also MMR is absent

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

And for Pinside fun BUO
    yup the best kind of find Barn Use Only

haha
    -mof

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

How about this? I could change the rollover to show both games?

Oh, I didn't realize you had that option -- were doing that with other games?

People won't die if they have to spell out Waterworld once a year. Whirlwind on the other hand, is a frequently discussed game. To be honest, of the 30+ pinball people I've met in the last 2 years, I've never heard anyone discuss Waterworld in person either.

-mof

1 month later
    #105 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Oh, I didn't realize you had that option -- were doing that with other games?
    People won't die if they have to spell out Waterworld once a year. Whirlwind on the other hand, is a frequently discussed game. To be honest, of the 30+ pinball people I've met in the last 2 years, I've never heard anyone discuss Waterworld in person either.
    -mof

I have just added the option to have multiple listings for an abbreviation (with the last site update). If you have suggestions, now that this is possible, please mention it in this thread and I will add them. I think for building the feature I only tested (and added) WW for Whirlwind and Waterworld. There must be more games sharing an abbreviation.

1 year later
    #106 8 years ago

++Pinball Terminology++

This one seems to be popping up more and more often:

HEP - High End Pins, as referred mostly to restorations, not titles themselves.
    HEP MM is not what it sounds to be overall in 99.99% of all cases.
    It is being EXTREMELY abused, because a lot of collectors believe "shopping and waxing" constitutes HEP.

It does not.

HEP originally was designated for machine that had games using NOS playfields / backglasses installed, complete cabinet overhauls with either new decals, silk screening, or stencils, every single metal part being tumble polished, under and on top of the playfield, board component replacement (bridge rectifiers and capacitors) even if there are no problems, along with rewiring and connectors if required.
    This takes HUNDREDS of hours to do, not 100 hours or less.
    Only a few companies and individuals do this (VERY FEW NOW), and the costs reflect the work, as the machine is essentially restored to factory condition NIB.

6 years later
    #107 2 years ago

Hi robin

#funhouse-20-rudys-nightmare is an add-on kit for the original FunHouse

It is unclear to me why it is being cataloged as a separate pin and not as a new version considering Funhouse 2.0 (Rudy's Nightmare) must be installed on a FunHouse and it plays both games.

I've added both to my collection but really it's only a single pin.

And what will the abbreviation be for Funhouse 2.0 (Rudy's Nightmare) ?

#FH2 ?

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperMica:

Hi robin
    Funhouse 2.0 (Rudy's Nightmare) is an add-on kit for the original FunHouse
    It is unclear to me why it is being cataloged as a separate pin and not as a new version considering Funhouse 2.0 (Rudy's Nightmare) must be installed on a FunHouse and it plays both games.
    I've added both to my collection but really it's only a single pin.
    And what will the abbreviation be for Funhouse 2.0 (Rudy's Nightmare) ?
    #FH2 ?

Add-on kits or conversion kits are distinctly different from the original game they are based upon. There are several past examples, such as BOP 2.0, the multimorphic kits, Gamatron, Professional Pinball, 301 Bullseye, La Retata

If you really only have the one game, I'd suggest dropping FH from your collection list, and leave FH 2.0 on your list. FH2.0 is significantly different in that it includes a new boardset and display, and new game code, which the original funhouse doesn't have.

We don't determine what the game abbreviations will be. That sort of happens organically every time a new game comes out. Depending on the game title and if other games used the same letters, sometimes the abbreviation is obvious, sometimes not.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

FH2.0 is significantly different in that it includes a new boardset and display, and new game code, which the original funhouse doesn't have.

As do all versions of the Cactus Canyon Remakes. New boardsets, new displays, and new game code which the original does not. Furthermore, they both have the option to switch between the original and the new game. I don't believe you've necessarily proved your point as to why FunHouse and Funhouse 2.0 (Rudy's Nightmare) shouldn't be somehow linked together.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Depending on the game title and if other games used the same letters, sometimes the abbreviation is obvious, sometimes not.

The Reason I ask about the abbreviation is FH2.0 is intuitive but I am uncertain if the use of a dot [.] is permissible within a hashtag.

It would be unfortunate to begin 'organically' using FH2.0 if it won't ever link because of the dot [.]

Can you clarify?

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperMica:

As do all versions of the Cactus Canyon Remakes. New boardsets, new displays, and new game code which the original does not. Furthermore, they both have the option to switch between the original and the new game. I don't believe you've necessarily proved your point as to why FunHouse and Funhouse 2.0 (Rudy's Nightmare) shouldn't be somehow linked together.

The CC original and remakes *do* each have separate game entries. As do all the other remake titles.

Quoted from SuperMica:

The Reason I ask about the abbreviation is FH2.0 is intuitive but I am uncertain if the use of a dot [.] is permissible within a hashtag.

That's not quite how the feature works. The hashtag is based on the full game title. The abbreviations get highlighted/linked automatically.

Like this: CC, CV, TS

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The CC original and remakes *do* each have separate game entries. As do all the other remake titles.

Yes, and they are linked under the heading "Game alternative versions". Whereas FH2.0 can only be installed on an original FH and it plays both the original code as well as the new 2.0 game (just as the CC remakes do) then why isn't there a new game group for FunHouse that lists FunHouse AND Funhouse 2.0 (Rudy's Nightmare) as a "Game alternative version"?

Considering they both play the original game I don't understand the logic of not having them grouped.

#112 2 years ago

WoW. Reviving an 11 yr old thread. Nice!

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperMica:

Yes, and they are linked under the heading "Game alternative versions". Whereas FH2.0 can only be installed on an original FH and it plays both the original code as well as the new 2.0 game (just as the CC remakes do) then why isn't there a new game group for FunHouse that lists FunHouse AND Funhouse 2.0 (Rudy's Nightmare) as a "Game alternative version"?
    Considering they both play the original game I don't understand the logic of not having them grouped.

I don't understand what you're getting at. They are grouped.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-abreviation-definitions/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.