Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Looks like pinball has finally found some momentum. With a new manufacturer and customs along with Sterns premium pinball machines looks like the future is alive and well! Good for our economy too, American made verse a chinese sweat shop. Just ramblin with my keyboard.

#2 12 years ago

been in the hobby for 10 years and do not ever remember this much excitement about pinball

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from sb80:

Looks like pinball has finally found some momentum. With a new manufacturer and customs along with Sterns premium pinball machines looks like the future is alive and well! Good for our economy too, American made

Right on

#4 12 years ago

I am thrilled! When I was working ATC, I not only loved my job but we had anywhere from 2 - 6 machines in the break room. With a cafeteria onsite there was hardly any reason to go home!

Home use has really changed the whole thing for me, though. I never considered doing it until 6 years ago..

#5 12 years ago

Moved to All Pinball sub forum. Pinside Talk is for issues with the forum itself.

#6 12 years ago

Yep, looks like the next few years will be very interesting times for the pinball industry. Even though I am not buying WOZ, I am very interested in how it's going to turn out. I'm also anxious to hear what JJP is going to do for an encore. If things go well, my first NIB could be happening in the next few years.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

If things go well, my first NIB could be happening in the next few years.

If jack makes good on the nordman unlicensed promise he made, then I will be buying one as well.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

If jack makes good on the nordman unlicensed promise he made, then I will be buying one as well.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for too.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

If things go well, my first NIB could be happening in the next few years.

+1 I hope so too.

#10 12 years ago

I'm just really glad that a "newer" machine won't always be 15 years plus in age. C'mon WMS industries. get back on the horse here!

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from sb80:

Looks like pinball has finally found some momentum

Pinball is thriving in my basement gameroom.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

my basement gameroom.

I tape my garage game room Friday! Carpet next week, beg the wife to paint it and it's done! I am stoked!

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from JesseB:

been in the hobby for 10 years and do not ever remember this much excitement about pinball

Same here. It's buzzing for sure.

#14 12 years ago

I've noticed it as well locally.

In the past 4 weeks, I've done a TV spot for our provincial association, a news paper interview for our association (and the hobby in general), one of the local vending companies has become a Stern distributor, my location has picked up quite a bit, and after all the media we had 6 new members join our group.

One of our members went to play at my location, and had to wait to get on a machine! First time that's ever happened.

#15 12 years ago

Things are really taking off in Australia as well. We are finally on the IFPA database (20 years too late) and there certainly is alot of players down here...

#16 12 years ago

The attraction is for me .... which no video game has. "Mechanical action". Took me buying 5 pins to come up with those 2 words. This is pinballs savior.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I tape my garage game room Friday! Carpet next week, beg the wife to paint it and it's done! I am stoked!

Wear a gorilla suit. It will be hilarious!

#18 12 years ago

from my experience, it seems most people getting into pinball these days are over playing video games and/or arcade games and want a real challenge. seems to be like 20-35 somethings which is great.

#19 12 years ago

I think that once people take the time to play pinball, and by play, I mean 4-5 games atleast they notice pinball has a certain substance to it that video games do not. You can feel the weight, the movement, and to some extent the sound, you are an extention of it when on a pin. More realism than surrealism may be a better way to say it and people like it. Anyway that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

#20 12 years ago

I see more people than ever excited about the hobby. Too bad there are o.ly so many old top titles to go around

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from sb80:

Looks like pinball COLLECTING has finally found some momentum.

There, fixed that for ya.

#22 12 years ago

The fact that Pinball FX2 was the best selling Xbox LIVE Arcade title in 2011 speaks volumes. It may not be real pinball, but it clearly shows that pinball is in the public consciousness in a way that it hasn't been in a long time.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

beg the wife to paint it and it's done!

Don't beg her to paint it... TELL her to paint it!

#24 12 years ago

I agree the mechanical action is what sets a pin apart from a video game. Feeling the ball move around with all the lights and bumpers, plus the toys. Personally Im crazy excited about the new AC/DC premiums and for a pin like that to be produced in possible numbers is a good indicator of what is to come.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The fact that Pinball FX2 was the best selling Xbox LIVE Arcade title in 2011 speaks volumes. It may not be real pinball, but it clearly shows that pinball is in the public consciousness in a way that it hasn't been in a long time.

Its a great game. The guys at Zen have the same love for Pinball as we all do. It really was the only solution to getting pinball back on the map. Funny, the thing that damn near killed pinball is now giving it CPR.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Carpet next week, beg the wife to paint it and it's done!

You should paint 1st!!!!

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Funny, the thing that damn near killed pinball is now giving it CPR.

Those words ring true in my ears Snowdale. Long live the silverball.

#28 12 years ago

Funny, the thing that damn near killed pinball is now giving it CPR.

+1.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.