Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Laser_cue_bg_front.jpg
    Laser_Cue_bg_back.jpg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_7408_Comet_Cool_Comfort.jpg
    IMG_7407_CT_Frosted.jpg
    IMG_7405_Comet_Sunlight.jpg
    IMG_7404_44INC.jpg
    wavelength-and-efficiency-of-daylight-vs-incandescent-vs-warm-white-led-vs-halogen-vs-cool-white-led-vs-warm-white-led.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Personally, I'm considering this a "myth" for now. I've put CPR plastics on a bunch of my pins, with #44 bulbs under them. I haven't seen any signs of problems yet.

Ummm...yeah dude can't back you there...that's crazy talk for real. What "mechanical stress" is there on loosely fitted EM plastics?

Quoted from dsuperbee:

I am sure we have all seen plenty of plastics bent/warped from being over scoops, and have seen them warped from bulbs (where you could see the brown discoloration from the heat of the bulb.)

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

What's crazy? Doubting that bulb heat is what causes plastics to warp?

I'm just skeptical, I need proof.

Sounds like you've made up your mind...not mearly skeptical. And yes, that is crazy. Just because you haven't see it happen in your house with the games on 4 hours a week does not a scientific method make.
    I'm sure 100s of people here can tell you shopping a game and having plastics melted over lamps. There's not else creating heat around them...what kind of mechanical stress code there be?

Quoted from swampfire:

Personally, I'm considering this a "myth" for now.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

Fact - Evel Knievel and Playboy usually have some melting on the pop bump caps when using incandescent bulbs. This is likely due to the difference in heat of the 44 and 47 bulbs, one of them puts out a lot more heat than the other.

Right, but he isn't talking aboot that. He already accepts that a bulb too close to a piece of plastic can melt it...he is trying to determine if it "bends plastic;" not melts it.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

CLAIM : Having Inc's in your pinball machine makes you a crankier person online
    Didn't RFM have a seizure warning? That did not come with LED's.

And having LEDs makes you a fake scientist or something?

Did RFM have Strobe MB in it? Casue pretty sure AFM had the warning?

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I think the Comet twin-2835 and CoinTaker Cool Frosted illuminate more of the playfield art than the #44 bulbs, .

I don't think anyone is arguing LEDS are brighter than inc...that's kind of what some people don't like.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lighting-busting-the-myths?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.