(Topic ID: 139248)

Pinball Life's 11th Annual Explosion Open House - Friday, Oct. 16th

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

84dc29ab.jpg
    20151016_140944.jpg
    20151016_153247.jpg
    20151016_142341.jpg
    20151016_142336.jpg
    20151016_115840.jpg
    PBL1.jpg
    PBL2.jpg
    IMG_24291.jpg
    pinbot_blue.jpg
    IMG_4053.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    pinball_life_2015.jpg
    farley.jpg
    lunch_lady_two.jpg
    turbosad.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Pinball Life's 11th annual Explosion Open House will take place on Friday, Oct 16th from noon until 6pm.

All of the particulars are here on our web site - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=274&pg=1

We are proud to be a part of the 5-day Chicago Expo event!
    FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE CHICAGO PINBALL EXPO, READ ON HERE...http://www.pinballexpo.net

There is no need to RSVP for our special event, just stop on by!

Our Address:
    Pinball Life Regional Office
    11912 Oak Creek Parkway.
    Huntley, IL 60142

This year's Explosion Open House features free food, free pinball, free beer and a live auction!
    Please, please, please be a responsible drinker if you plan on driving back to Expo from Pinball Life.
    A designated driver is strongly recommended. No one will be over served.

No purchase of any kind is required to attend our open house and admission is free!

We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE pre-ordering IF there are any parts you plan on purchasing.
    We continue to optimize our checkout process so wait times to "shop" should not exceed 30 minutes. Pre-ordering will save you the most time and make the time you spend with us the most enjoyable! E-mail your parts list to [email protected] stating that your list is an Expo Pre-Order and we’ll have your order ready to go when you arrive. Spend your time playing pinball, eating, and drinking! PLEASE EMAIL YOUR PARTS LIST BY FRIDAY, 10/9/15. After Friday 10/9, we will be prepping for the open house so we won't be able to fill pre-orders, but you can bring your list with you and "Take a Number" to get your order filled.
    All sales during the open house are cash-and-carry.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Svengoolie will be present at the open house from 2-4pm to hob-knob, sign autographs AND
    auction off the LAST America's Most Haunted pinball machine. The AMH auction will begin promptly at 3pm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS YEAR'S LINE UP OF GAMES/ATTRACTIONS (subject to change/grow):

America's Most Haunted
    The Big Lebowski Prototype
    Trilogy (a pinball machine that dispenses beer!)
    Wally's Medieval Madness
    Pinball Olympic's Lionman Caged! (Flying Man)
    Pinball Olympic's Vortex Of Terror Funhouse
    Multimorphic's Lexy Lightspeed
    Earthshaker Aftershock
    Orbiter One
    Swords of Fury
    Jurassic Park - The Lost World
    Star Trek Pro
    Pinbot
    Lord of the Rings Whitewood
    No Fear
    Flash
    Playboy (Stern)
    Playboy (Data East)
    Elvis
    Terminator 3
    Fire!
    Frankenstein
    Faces
    KISS - 1979
    KISS - 2015
    ScoreGasm Master
    Freddy A Nightmare On Elm Street
    Ted Nugent
    Silverball Mania
    Indiana Jones (WMS)
    Transformers
    Amazon Hunt II
    Kings and Queens
    Police Force
    WWE Pro
    Vegas
    Waterworld
    NBA Fastbreak

Many (but not all) of these machines will be for sale.

Thanks to all who are bringing games!

If you would like to bring a game please contact [email protected]. Anyone who brings a game gets up to 4 VIP lounge passes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the day you'll be amazed by the laser light show, LED fog machines, and a BLAST lighting installation activated via human sized stand up targets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS A PARTIAL LIST OF SHOW SPECIALS:
    Dot Matrix Displays - $150.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Chrome Leg Sets - $40.00
    PinGulp Drink Caddies - $10.00
    Collapsible PinGulp Drink Caddies - $10.00
    Standard Playfield Glass - $20.00
    Widebody Playfield Glass - $25.00
    WPC/WPC-95 Backglass Glass - $15.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Stainless Steel Lockdown Bars - $50.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Widebody Stainless Steel Lockdown Bars - $80.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Stainless Steel Side Rail Sets - $40.00
    Metal Cabinet Protector Sets - $12.00
    PinGuard Cabinet Protector Sets - $12.00
    125-Piece Black or White Rubber Kits - $25.00
    Standard Pinballs - $.60
    Ultra Gloss Pinballs - $1.00
    BriteButtons Illuminated Flipper Button Set - $25.00
    100s of Clearance Parts Priced to Sell
    More specials will be posted at Pinball Life on the day of the show!!!
    As is the case every year, all items in our warehouse will be sold at discount prices.
    Discounted prices only apply to customers who are in attendance at our Explosion open house. CASH ONLY!!!
    But again, no purchase of any kind is required to attend our event!!!

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Terry
    I'm planning to bring the MM that I built from parts. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-mm)
    Please save a spot for me.
    Wally

Thanks Wally, looking forward to seeing you!

We still have room for about 10 more games. If any locals would like to bring a game let me know. It will get you some VIP lounge passes!

Terry.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I could bring another game down if you need me to .

Do you have room for 2 games? I know Trilogy is a lot of work in itself
    Terry.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

I'll bring Al's garage band if you want

Sounds great. Email me directly so that I can get your info and fill you in on the particulars - [email protected]
    Terry.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Best Addition to Expo since this started Hands Down! Gives you something to do when the hall is closed and Terry throws down a pretty nice bash!!! See Ya'll there! Hit the Ramp! Hit the Ramp!!!
    Tom

Thanks Tom. We are now "officially" part of the Expo weekend. I've talked with Mike and our event has been added to the Expo event schedule.

We are building lots of new attractions and *stuff* for this year, so we hope to out do ourselves compared to previous years.

We have 46 games/rides/nonsense scheduled to be here, so we are just about at capacity (50). If there is anyone who would still like to bring a game to our event please contact me directly - [email protected]. Bringing a game gets you up to 4 VIP Lounge passes.

Svengoolie will be auctioning off the last America's Most Haunted at 3pm, so if you would like a chance to own the very last available AMH be sure to be here at that time.

Expo has tons more room than we do, so make sure to bring a game to the show and get free admission for the weekend. Andrew Barney is organizing the load in, so contact him if you have any questions or concerns.

Terry.

Expo_Front_Page.jpgExpo_Front_Page.jpg

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Also, Terry seems to have neglected the most important part of the event...the commemorative T-SHIRT!!!
    I'm really proud to have been asked (again) to illustrate the shirt for this year's Pinball Life Open House Event!
    PBRexplosion15_composite.jpg
    Illustration by me, printing by Doug (TrilogyBeer), and T-shirt color chosen as only Terry can choose it!
    (What was that Scoregasm tag-line? Making products that almost nobody wants and coloring them such that even fewer will take interest? ...or something like that. LOVE YOU, TERRY!!!)
    Yes, that is a unisex shirt. Yes, they're available in Women's Fitted sizes that are ALMOST as sexy as those man-shirts. And YES, they're already available for order:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3909
    I'll be at the shin-dig if anyone would like to chat. I'll be the one wrangling a two-year-old boy.
    Can't wait,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

Yep, the shirts this year are pink.
    There is a method to the madness; during our event the pink shirts really stand out, so anyone who needs anything knows to "find a person with a pink shirt". Especially this year as it will be more blurry than usual inside the Pinball Life Dome.
    Terry.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

......goats love pink.

..........and the goats are always right.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Sorry but I didn't ask them to play this year. I'm not sure if Terry has anything planned or not. Flip N Out Pinball (me)sponsored them last year and we decided not to bring them back this year. Sorry maybe we can do it again another time.
    Larry

You going to be in town for Expo Larry?

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Yep see you Friday

Hunt me down for your VIP lounge passes.

1 week later
    #86 8 years ago

Just a bump to remind everyone of the impending mayhem. Friday, October 16th is closer than you think.

We've worked hard to up the ante this year.

Thanks to all that are bringing games! We are at capacity for this event so we can not accept any more games, sorry.

See you all here!

Terry.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=355&pg=1

1 week later
    #111 8 years ago

36 more hours and it's on! Probably get about 6 hours of sleep between now and then.
    Terry.

#219 8 years ago

Thanks to all who came out to our Explosion party this year.

Yes, it was packed. I'm kind of surprised anyone would expect it to be different. Free admission, free pinball, free carny rides, free Svengoolie, free food, and free beer. Yep, that's a party people just might show up for!

A staff of 23 people worked hard before, during, and after the party to make this event fun and unique. My sincere thanks goes out to each of them for a job very well done.

Charlie, Kayte, and the whole Spooky gang were great and we had a lot of fun having them involved this year. The auction was amazing and it raised an unbelievable amount of money for their charity. I believe it was worth turning the games off for 15 minutes.

From reading all the posts I see a few attendees did not feel it was worth the trip. I am sorry to hear that. My warehouse is only so big, and buying a bigger one to use for just 6 hours a year doesn't seem like a good business decision. I suppose I could start charging an admission fee, but then I would be the a-hole who USED to throw a free party, but then began to charge. I could also make it an invite only party, but then I would be the a-hole USED to invite everyone, but then made it exclusive.

This leaves me only 2 options; stop having the party or keep having the party and develop a thick skin about any criticism. I choose the latter.

See (most) of you next year!

Terry.

#247 8 years ago

I will not partake, bit it looks like it will fit up in the VIP room.
    Terry.

#250 8 years ago

Arm wrestling or no, we'll see you all here next year. We already have a ton of new ideas in the works.
    Terry.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lifes-11th-annual-explosion-open-house-friday-oct-16th?tu=pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.