(Topic ID: 139248)

Pinball Life's 11th Annual Explosion Open House - Friday, Oct. 16th

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

84dc29ab.jpg
    20151016_140944.jpg
    20151016_153247.jpg
    20151016_142341.jpg
    20151016_142336.jpg
    20151016_115840.jpg
    PBL1.jpg
    PBL2.jpg
    IMG_24291.jpg
    pinbot_blue.jpg
    IMG_4053.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    pinball_life_2015.jpg
    farley.jpg
    lunch_lady_two.jpg
    turbosad.jpg
    There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 8 years ago

i might buy one when i get there, if the pink is not too bright.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from charliebrown2417:

For everyone who is concerned about the short being pink, my father once gave me this advice when asked if it was ok to wear pink,
    "Son, those who refuse to wear pink are not comfortable with their masculinity."

so now we're wearing pink shorts too? oh the humanity!

-c

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

so now we're wearing pink shorts too? oh the humanity!
    -c

Damn my proofreading!

#55 8 years ago

Homerun again Ryan !

Pink it was love at first sight
    Pink when I turn out the light
    Pink gets me high as a kite
    And I think everything is going to be all right

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Also, Terry seems to have neglected the most important part of the event...the commemorative T-SHIRT!!!
    I'm really proud to have been asked (again) to illustrate the shirt for this year's Pinball Life Open House Event!
    PBRexplosion15_composite.jpg
    Illustration by me, printing by Doug (TrilogyBeer), and T-shirt color chosen as only Terry can choose it!
    (What was that Scoregasm tag-line? Making products that almost nobody wants and coloring them such that even fewer will take interest? ...or something like that. LOVE YOU, TERRY!!!)
    Yes, that is a unisex shirt. Yes, they're available in Women's Fitted sizes that are ALMOST as sexy as those man-shirts. And YES, they're already available for order:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3909
    I'll be at the shin-dig if anyone would like to chat. I'll be the one wrangling a two-year-old boy.
    Can't wait,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

Yep, the shirts this year are pink.
    There is a method to the madness; during our event the pink shirts really stand out, so anyone who needs anything knows to "find a person with a pink shirt". Especially this year as it will be more blurry than usual inside the Pinball Life Dome.
    Terry.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Yep, the shirts this year are pink.
    There is a method to the madness; during our event the pink shirts really stand out, so anyone who needs anything knows to "find a person with a pink shirt". Especially this year as it will be more blurry than usual inside the Pinball Life Dome.
    Terry.

Thunderdome!!!

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

...more blurry than usual...

Smoke machine? More brew? A sensual pinball love-den?

All of the above?

#59 8 years ago

Trilogy hooka pipe pinball?

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

i might buy one when i get there, if the pink is not too bright.

There is nothing subtle about "safety pink". I wore mine loud and proud today as I protected my son from pygmy goats:

photo-(3).jpgphoto-(3).jpg

On the plus side, everyone at the Grand Rapids Zoo knows about the 2015 Pinball Life Open House. On the down side, goats love pink.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

......goats love pink.

..........and the goats are always right.

#62 8 years ago

Will there be live music again? Blues guys last year were pretty cool!

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Will there be live music again? Blues guys last year were pretty cool!

Sorry but I didn't ask them to play this year. I'm not sure if Terry has anything planned or not. Flip N Out Pinball (me)sponsored them last year and we decided not to bring them back this year. Sorry maybe we can do it again another time.

Larry

#64 8 years ago

That's OK. Plenty going on there without live music. Still gonna be a rip roarin great time!

#65 8 years ago

It's too bad it was cost prohibitive to have everybody working in LIONMAN skin tight suits

#66 8 years ago

Jay, maybe you could find cheap costumes from an old production of "Cats" to use?

Lionmen.jpgLionmen.jpg

#67 8 years ago

Get on it!

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Sorry but I didn't ask them to play this year. I'm not sure if Terry has anything planned or not. Flip N Out Pinball (me)sponsored them last year and we decided not to bring them back this year. Sorry maybe we can do it again another time.
    Larry

You going to be in town for Expo Larry?

#69 8 years ago

Yep see you Friday

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Yep see you Friday

Hunt me down for your VIP lounge passes.

#71 8 years ago

Count me in! Thanks for having this event every year, Terry!

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from redman822:

Thanks for having this event every year, Terry!

YES, YES, YES!!! This is icing on the cake of a great event (and sometimes the icing is the best part of the cake). Soooooo cool of you guys to do this for your customers/fans/friends! Can't say thank you enough, but I'll try when I see you (just keep telling me "OK, I got it. Now leave me alone and go play a game"). Cheers to you, PBL Team!

#73 8 years ago

I'll be there! This is going to be so awesome.

#74 8 years ago

First expo. Making time to take this event in as well. Sounds like a great time.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Yep see you Friday

Larry, Will you be bringing any Kentucky hospitality ? ; )

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Larry, Will you be bringing any Kentucky hospitality ? ; )

I can neither confirm nor deny that Kentucky will be well represented there but I would stop by and see for sure. I hear that this is a good year.

#77 8 years ago

2 more weeks until I get my rubber chicken signed by sven!! thanks in advance pinball life!

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

2 more weeks until I get my rubber chicken signed by sven!!

good idea! I think I will bring my old "Dr. Paul Bearer" photo & have him sign that lol

#79 8 years ago

This was my highlight of the weekend. After seeing the great items and prices the vendors at expo couldnt offer more. I kind of miss the days when expo had the auction and tons of old parts to paw through. I remember expo 1994 and buying bally displays for $5 with goodtubes etc.

#80 8 years ago

Next year! Already my better half on board...

#81 8 years ago

I'll be there. If you see someone drinking an Old Style Beer (with an Old Style shirt) say hello. It is always good to match up a face with a Pinside name.
    Wally

#82 8 years ago

We're bringing Lexy Lightspeed. Make sure you bring your dollar bills!

Wait - no - it's not what you think... you can play her with one hand.

No, no, that doesn't sound right either.

Better read about it for yourself: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=355&pg=1

- Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

#83 8 years ago

Can I dress up as lexy lightspeed?

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

I can neither confirm nor deny that Kentucky will be well represented there but I would stop by and see for sure. I hear that this is a good year.

I WILL find you ! ; )

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#86 8 years ago

Just a bump to remind everyone of the impending mayhem. Friday, October 16th is closer than you think.

We've worked hard to up the ante this year.

Thanks to all that are bringing games! We are at capacity for this event so we can not accept any more games, sorry.

See you all here!

Terry.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=355&pg=1

#87 8 years ago

Was just talking with the Mrs. about this all day, only 10 days away. Cant wait!

#88 8 years ago

Hey Terry,
    Is there any chance you're going to have a Rocky & Bullwinkle there this year?
    Looking forward to playing a crapload of pinball.
    Make sure you got some gambling money because I plan to take it!
    Great job on putting together the party of the year, it's a lot of work. Much appreciated.

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Hey Terry,
    Is there any chance you're going to have a Rocky & Bullwinkle there this year?

Al's Garage Band
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Rocky & Bullwinkle

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

We are at capacity for this event so we can not accept any more games, sorry.

This is a great problem to have!

#91 8 years ago

DSC00194.JPGDSC00194.JPGDSC00195.JPGDSC00195.JPG

#92 8 years ago

BERWYN!!!

#93 8 years ago

The home of Buona Beef!

#94 8 years ago

Terry, when are you going to list all the other discounts you will have at expo? I am making a shopping list for Centerflank. And if I'm too slow he threatens me with an arm wrestle

#95 8 years ago

You the man Terry, the LIONMAN!image.jpgimage.jpg

#96 8 years ago

Holy lord, Jay, what is that! I question whether it not it will fit inside Pinball Life headquarters. *LOL* See you at the end of the week. Can't wait to see what madness you've cooked up this year. Your contraptions have consisitantly been among my Expo highlights for the past few years.

#97 8 years ago

Every time I see this topic I think:

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

You the man Terry, the LIONMAN!image.jpg

if it's like in the ripley's believe it or not house (tunnel) it's going to be fun, can't wait to try it out.

#99 8 years ago

AHH Vortex tunnel, Im a haunted house guy and would know it anywhere.
    Magicchiz

#100 8 years ago

It's an actual Stargate for Stargate, best mod in this or any other galaxy.

LIONgate.jpgLIONgate.jpg

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lifes-11th-annual-explosion-open-house-friday-oct-16th/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.