4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by centerflank
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 66 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

84dc29ab.jpg
    20151016_140944.jpg
    20151016_153247.jpg
    20151016_142341.jpg
    20151016_142336.jpg
    20151016_115840.jpg
    PBL1.jpg
    PBL2.jpg
    IMG_24291.jpg
    pinbot_blue.jpg
    IMG_4053.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    pinball_life_2015.jpg
    farley.jpg
    lunch_lady_two.jpg
    turbosad.jpg

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 4 years ago

Pinball Life's 11th annual Explosion Open House will take place on Friday, Oct 16th from noon until 6pm.

All of the particulars are here on our web site - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=274&pg=1

We are proud to be a part of the 5-day Chicago Expo event!
    FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE CHICAGO PINBALL EXPO, READ ON HERE...http://www.pinballexpo.net

There is no need to RSVP for our special event, just stop on by!

Our Address:
    Pinball Life Regional Office
    11912 Oak Creek Parkway.
    Huntley, IL 60142

This year's Explosion Open House features free food, free pinball, free beer and a live auction!
    Please, please, please be a responsible drinker if you plan on driving back to Expo from Pinball Life.
    A designated driver is strongly recommended. No one will be over served.

No purchase of any kind is required to attend our open house and admission is free!

We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE pre-ordering IF there are any parts you plan on purchasing.
    We continue to optimize our checkout process so wait times to "shop" should not exceed 30 minutes. Pre-ordering will save you the most time and make the time you spend with us the most enjoyable! E-mail your parts list to margaret@pinballlife.com stating that your list is an Expo Pre-Order and we’ll have your order ready to go when you arrive. Spend your time playing pinball, eating, and drinking! PLEASE EMAIL YOUR PARTS LIST BY FRIDAY, 10/9/15. After Friday 10/9, we will be prepping for the open house so we won't be able to fill pre-orders, but you can bring your list with you and "Take a Number" to get your order filled.
    All sales during the open house are cash-and-carry.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Svengoolie will be present at the open house from 2-4pm to hob-knob, sign autographs AND
    auction off the LAST America's Most Haunted pinball machine. The AMH auction will begin promptly at 3pm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS YEAR'S LINE UP OF GAMES/ATTRACTIONS (subject to change/grow):

America's Most Haunted
    The Big Lebowski Prototype
    Trilogy (a pinball machine that dispenses beer!)
    Wally's Medieval Madness
    Pinball Olympic's Lionman Caged! (Flying Man)
    Pinball Olympic's Vortex Of Terror Funhouse
    Multimorphic's Lexy Lightspeed
    Earthshaker Aftershock
    Orbiter One
    Swords of Fury
    Jurassic Park - The Lost World
    Star Trek Pro
    Pinbot
    Lord of the Rings Whitewood
    No Fear
    Flash
    Playboy (Stern)
    Playboy (Data East)
    Elvis
    Terminator 3
    Fire!
    Frankenstein
    Faces
    KISS - 1979
    KISS - 2015
    ScoreGasm Master
    Freddy A Nightmare On Elm Street
    Ted Nugent
    Silverball Mania
    Indiana Jones (WMS)
    Transformers
    Amazon Hunt II
    Kings and Queens
    Police Force
    WWE Pro
    Vegas
    Waterworld
    NBA Fastbreak

Many (but not all) of these machines will be for sale.

Thanks to all who are bringing games!

If you would like to bring a game please contact terry@pinballlife.com. Anyone who brings a game gets up to 4 VIP lounge passes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the day you'll be amazed by the laser light show, LED fog machines, and a BLAST lighting installation activated via human sized stand up targets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS A PARTIAL LIST OF SHOW SPECIALS:
    Dot Matrix Displays - $150.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Chrome Leg Sets - $40.00
    PinGulp Drink Caddies - $10.00
    Collapsible PinGulp Drink Caddies - $10.00
    Standard Playfield Glass - $20.00
    Widebody Playfield Glass - $25.00
    WPC/WPC-95 Backglass Glass - $15.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Stainless Steel Lockdown Bars - $50.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Widebody Stainless Steel Lockdown Bars - $80.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Stainless Steel Side Rail Sets - $40.00
    Metal Cabinet Protector Sets - $12.00
    PinGuard Cabinet Protector Sets - $12.00
    125-Piece Black or White Rubber Kits - $25.00
    Standard Pinballs - $.60
    Ultra Gloss Pinballs - $1.00
    BriteButtons Illuminated Flipper Button Set - $25.00
    100s of Clearance Parts Priced to Sell
    More specials will be posted at Pinball Life on the day of the show!!!
    As is the case every year, all items in our warehouse will be sold at discount prices.
    Discounted prices only apply to customers who are in attendance at our Explosion open house. CASH ONLY!!!
    But again, no purchase of any kind is required to attend our event!!!

#3 4 years ago

Big THANK YOU to Terry and everybody involved in putting on the open house. It's a highlight of the weekend for sure. I will be e-mailing my parts list soon. Can't wait for this years Explosion. Games, Parts, Food, Beer.......what more could you ask for?

#4 4 years ago

Will the show specials you listed also be available on your website for us out of town folks who can't make the show?

#5 4 years ago

Can't wait. Putting my shopping list together.

#6 4 years ago

been looking forward to this.got email from sven last Saturday confirming he will sign my rubber chicken!...again thank you pinball life for this chance for a fun day and thanks to the gods of pinball for my chance at that signed bird!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Will the show specials you listed also be available on your website for us out of town folks who can't make the show?

Quoted from pinballlife:

Discounted prices only apply to customers who are in attendance at our Explosion open house. CASH ONLY!!!

#8 4 years ago

You missed quoting the line above that. I thought he was talking only about the warehouse additionally discounted items?

#9 4 years ago

Big thank you to Terry, Margaret, and all of the Pinball Life crew that make this such a great event every year. On top of all of the great things that you guys do every year Svengoolie will be there this year? You guys have outdone yourselves again!

#10 4 years ago

You missed quoting the line above that. I thought he was talking only about the warehouse additionally discounted items?

Don't worry QG, I gotcha. I'll take care of my far north friends.

#11 4 years ago

Hey Terry
    I'm planning to bring the MM that I built from parts. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-mm)
    Please save a spot for me.
    Wally

#12 4 years ago

Hope to make it to the party this year

#13 4 years ago

Excited to visit my first time!

Thank you, Terry and Margaret!
    (and staff!)

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Terry
    I'm planning to bring the MM that I built from parts. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-mm)
    Please save a spot for me.
    Wally

Thanks Wally, looking forward to seeing you!

We still have room for about 10 more games. If any locals would like to bring a game let me know. It will get you some VIP lounge passes!

Terry.

#15 4 years ago

I could bring another game down if you need me to .

#16 4 years ago

Stoked that I can make it this year, past two Expos I haven't been able to do so. Thanks Terry!!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I could bring another game down if you need me to .

Do you have room for 2 games? I know Trilogy is a lot of work in itself
    Terry.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Do you have room for 2 games? I know Trilogy is a lot of work in itself
    Terry.

Yeah sure , is there anything in particular from my collection you would like me to bring down ? Let me know .

#19 4 years ago

I'll bring Al's garage band if you want

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

Do it Do it! How often do people really get to play it, especially as nice as yours? Plus you get the VIP lounge access.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

Sounds great. Email me directly so that I can get your info and fill you in on the particulars - terry@pinballlife.com
    Terry.

#22 4 years ago

I'm also going to try to being the raining blood booth...

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I'm also going to try to being the raining blood booth...

Make sure you wear a different mankini this year, I'm getting sick of the yellow dick on a sticks

#24 4 years ago

BOOM.jpg

#25 4 years ago

Can't wait! The last couple years has become routine to go to the open house, and then when it's over head over to the Expo to check out the sales tables and play games there til late night (with a Superdawg stop at around 9:30-10).

#26 4 years ago

Best Addition to Expo since this started Hands Down! Gives you something to do when the hall is closed and Terry throws down a pretty nice bash!!! See Ya'll there! Hit the Ramp! Hit the Ramp!!!

Tom

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Best Addition to Expo since this started Hands Down! Gives you something to do when the hall is closed and Terry throws down a pretty nice bash!!! See Ya'll there! Hit the Ramp! Hit the Ramp!!!
    Tom

Thanks Tom. We are now "officially" part of the Expo weekend. I've talked with Mike and our event has been added to the Expo event schedule.

We are building lots of new attractions and *stuff* for this year, so we hope to out do ourselves compared to previous years.

We have 46 games/rides/nonsense scheduled to be here, so we are just about at capacity (50). If there is anyone who would still like to bring a game to our event please contact me directly - terry@pinballlife.com. Bringing a game gets you up to 4 VIP Lounge passes.

Svengoolie will be auctioning off the last America's Most Haunted at 3pm, so if you would like a chance to own the very last available AMH be sure to be here at that time.

Expo has tons more room than we do, so make sure to bring a game to the show and get free admission for the weekend. Andrew Barney is organizing the load in, so contact him if you have any questions or concerns.

Terry.

Expo_Front_Page.jpg

#28 4 years ago

This is the most fun I had at expo when I went. Have a great time!

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

Can't wait! The last couple years has become routine to go to the open house, and then when it's over head over to the Expo to check out the sales tables and play games there til late night (with a Superdawg stop at around 9:30-10).

That was my trip last year....have to alter plans this year cuz the tribe's all coming and I won't pull the kids out of school to leave in time for the Explosion. SuperDawg's is still on itinerary, though, just before check in.
    Scored a room at the Westin, so the gaming can run all night this time. Just have to figure out a way to stay alert until we get to the Iowa Northwestern game on Saturday.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

We are now "officially" part of the Expo weekend. I've talked with Mike and our event has been added to the Expo event schedule.

Excellent. That little disagreement was unfortunate, glad it's all worked out now.

#31 4 years ago

Woo hoo! Looking forward to another great time while getting some great deals. Thanks Terry and family! Don in Detroit

#32 4 years ago

Terry,
    Will you have any Gottlieb wide body PF glass(Haunted House, Mars,etc.)?

#33 4 years ago

looks like i can't miss this event.
    and man am i gonna buy a few parts, damn right!

#34 4 years ago

One of my absolute favorite things to do when I go to EXPO. Thank you Terry for doing this again! See you soon!

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

looks like i can't miss this event.
    and man am i gonna buy a few parts, damn right!

I am bringing an empty suitcase just to buy and bring pinball parts back to Canada. Hopefully some extra special deals for Canadians, eh? Money at par? Haha. Anyways don't come near me on day 4 as the only clothes I am bringing/wearing are gonna get a little rank!

#36 4 years ago

Edit.

#37 4 years ago

I didn't realize this was so close to Canada. I might go to this.

#38 4 years ago

I didn't realize this was so close to Canada. I might go to this.

Worth it!

#39 4 years ago

Also, Terry seems to have neglected the most important part of the event...the commemorative T-SHIRT!!!

I'm really proud to have been asked (again) to illustrate the shirt for this year's Pinball Life Open House Event!

PBRexplosion15_composite.jpg

Illustration by me, printing by Doug (TrilogyBeer), and T-shirt color chosen as only Terry can choose it!

(What was that Scoregasm tag-line? Making products that almost nobody wants and coloring them such that even fewer will take interest? ...or something like that. LOVE YOU, TERRY!!!)

Yes, that is a unisex shirt. Yes, they're available in Women's Fitted sizes that are ALMOST as sexy as those man-shirts. And YES, they're already available for order:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3909

I'll be at the shin-dig if anyone would like to chat. I'll be the one wrangling a two-year-old boy.

Can't wait,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Thanks Tom. We are now "officially" part of the Expo weekend. I've talked with Mike and our event has been added to the Expo event schedule.

Does this mean you'll have a shuttle bus running between your place and the Expo again?

#41 4 years ago

FACK! Why do I have to be closing on my new house this day....damn damn damn.

#42 4 years ago

Awesome design on the shirt, just wore my green 2014 one on vacation this past week. But yeah I won't be buying a pink one. Pink just doesn't look good on me!

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Awesome design on the shirt, just wore my green 2014 one on vacation this past week. But yeah I won't be buying a pink one. Pink just doesn't look good on me!

Oh no I thought it was salmon not pink. Yeah pink doesn't work for me either.

#44 4 years ago

I work for pink

#46 4 years ago

Pink is the new black .

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

What if it's for promoting breast cancer awareness? It could be about that. Would that make it ok? Because ... boobs.

#48 4 years ago

For everyone who is concerned about the short being pink, my father once gave me this advice when asked if it was ok to wear pink,
    "Son, those who refuse to wear pink are not comfortable with their masculinity."

#49 4 years ago

"It's not pink, it's light red!"

#50 4 years ago

Cabinet fade. The shirts were on location too long and unprotected.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Silverball Swag
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside