(Topic ID: 167949)

Pinball Life website will not load through my router, Help!

By ita47

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by altan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ip_trace.png
    #1 7 years ago

Something is up with my router and it isn't allowing the www.pinballlife.com website to load. I get a message that "www.pinballlife.com took too long to respond" "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" The pinball life website loads fine on my phone or my computer at work but not at home. I have also tried multiple computers at home and get the same message, so it has to be something with my router. I have a Netgear N300 router. I have looked at the settings but nothing is on the blocked list. I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

try changing your dns setting to 8.8.8.8

#3 7 years ago

I'm not sure what Browser you are using. If you are using Internet Explorer, try using Chrome. If you are using Windows 10, try using Edge instead of Internet Explorer.

#4 7 years ago

Can you get there by going to 69.16.193.239?

#5 7 years ago

I tried changing the dns setting to 8.8.8.8 and that didn't work. I am using Chrome on Windows 8.1

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

Can you get there by going to 69.16.193.239?

Nope I get the same message as before

#7 7 years ago

Can you ping it? Perform a traceroute?

Maybe Pinball Life has you blocked?

#8 7 years ago

We don't have anyone blocked.
    Terry.

#9 7 years ago

It has to be something with my router. I have 4 different computers and an Ipad and I can't access pinball life on any of them. They all say they can't establish a connection with the server at pinballlife.com or took to long to load and timed out.

#10 7 years ago

Open a command window. Type tracert pinballlife.com
    Where does the trace fail?

#11 7 years ago

Id try a firmware update first and then a factory reset second. After factory reset you'll need to set wireless info up again etc.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I will try this when I get home later and post back.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

Id try a firmware update first and then a factory reset second. After factory reset you'll need to set wireless info up again etc.

firmware is up to date, I checked that this morning. I have not done a factory reset yet, I was hoping to be able to diagnose the problem.

#14 7 years ago

My access to pinballlife.com has been excruciatingly slow for a good month or more for me, and I'm also located in Missouri think they need to check it out on their end. I just assumed they were having some problem but maybe they were/are not aware of it.

#15 7 years ago

Venom, Ita, do you have the same internet service provider?

Try accessing it through one of these web proxies. http://www.proxynova.com/web-proxy-list/

#16 7 years ago

I just looked up the Pinball Life website from here in China via a VPN using Google and it came straight up within seconds.

#17 7 years ago

Seems ok here.

Quoted from ita47:firmware is up to date, I checked that this morning. I have not done a factory reset yet, I was hoping to be able to diagnose the problem.

Hold off on the factory reset. I don't think you need to do anything that drastic yet.

Have you ever logged into your router and changed any settings, or did you basically plug it in and go when you originally got it?

Quoted from Venom_249:

My access to pinballlife.com has been excruciatingly slow for a good month or more for me, and I'm also located in Missouri think they need to check it out on their end. I just assumed they were having some problem but maybe they were/are not aware of it.

Seems fine for me.

#18 7 years ago

My isp is new wave, it still works for me but it takes a long time for everything to load

#19 7 years ago

Nothing wrong on our end. I don't have a solution for you, but everything seems to be working A-OK on our end. I will follow up with our host on Monday. We use Liquid Web, and have for about 10 years. We've never had any problems with their hosting service. It's been great, actually.
    Terry.

#20 7 years ago

The tracers data would have been useful

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Sorry I got busy and didn't get a chance to try this until now. Here are the results from the trace:

Tracing route to pinballlife.com [69.16.193.239] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1ms <1ms <1ms 192.168.1.1
    2 1ms 1ms 3ms 192.168.100.1
    3 69.27.157.57 reports: Destination host Unreachable.

Trace Complete

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from ita47:

Sorry I got busy and didn't get a chance to try this until now. Here are the results from the trace:
    Tracing route to pinballlife.com [69.16.193.239] over a maximum of 30 hops:
    1 1ms <1ms <1ms 192.168.1.1
    2 1ms 1ms 3ms 192.168.100.1
    3 69.27.157.57 reports: Destination host Unreachable.
    Trace Complete

It looks like it isn't making it past KAMO for one reason or another, so they are who I would touch base with. Good luck!

Brad

ip_trace.pngip_trace.png

#23 7 years ago

As jellikit said, Kamo is where you're getting stuck. If Kamo is your ISP, call them and ask why. For comparison, try traceroutes to sites like bbc.com & google.com.

If Kamo isn't your ISP you'll probably need your ISP to figure out the problem.

Here are the last few hops of my traceroute.
    Trace date: 16:03 09/04/2016
    IP Address: 69.16.193.239
    State: UP
    Hostname: pinballlife.com

Total hops: 13

10. 154.54.30.90 be2616.rcr11.b002281-5.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com
    11. 38.88.42.54
    12. 209.59.157.229 lw-dc3-core2-te8-16.rtr.liquidweb.com
    13. 69.167.128.95 lw-dc3-dist16-po6.rtr.liquidweb.com
    14. 69.16.193.239 pinballlife.com

#24 7 years ago

I'd ask your neighbor or friend with the same ISP if they can reach this before calling. That way you can say it's not just you,

#25 7 years ago

Any conclusion for this issue?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-website-will-not-load-through-my-router-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.