Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by awarner
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

We are making some much needed updates to our site overnight so the site may look a little crazy. It should be fully functional, but I can't promise how "sane" it will look until the updates are complete. Thanks for your patience.
    Terry.
    www.pinballlife.com

#2 11 years ago

Best pinstore Ive ever purchased from!!

#3 11 years ago

whoa nellie! script errors. Looks like your updating the CSS layout? Not that your site needs an update, but looks like your adding some better function

#4 11 years ago

It's a great site I've already bought parts from you guys and I've only owned my first pin for a few weeks. Maybe I couldn't find it on your site and obviously I can't check now since it's temporarily down but do you guys carry cliffy's colored sleeve post rubbers ?

Also do pinsiders get any type of discount ?

#5 11 years ago

I'm not going to lose my shopping cart again am I? I will never get this stuff ordered.

#6 11 years ago

I'm not 100% sure, but I assume any hanging carts will be dumped. We are doing these updates on what has historically been the slowest evening of the week to cause the least amount of disruption possible. A few eggs will broken and I apologize for that, but in the end I hope it's a good omelet.
    Terry.

#7 11 years ago

I just love the Pinball Life store and the support of Terry!

#8 11 years ago

Doh, even my wishlist was dumped. 1-2 punch to the groin.

#9 11 years ago

Your eggs whipped up into a nice refreshed website.. Good stuff Terry!

#10 11 years ago

Terry I wish the shipping were smarter, I ordered 1 part and just added mill wipes, It went from $13.85 USPS to $15.55. Stuff like that is no different than packing paper, it shouldn't bump the price up so much.

#11 11 years ago

Any chance you will ever get different currencies implemented into your site Terry? Be great if I could shop in GBP, other than that site is perfect and one of the easiest part sites to navigate and buy from.

#12 11 years ago

Site looks GOOD!! Congrats on the upgrade

#13 11 years ago

Looks good, the added contrast makes it a lot easier on the eyes. I have no urge to go back to expo, but I'm definitely going back to your annual open house!

#14 11 years ago

I like it. The mobile version is sweet!

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Looks good, the added contrast makes it a lot easier on the eyes.

I was just about to say the exact same thing.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from doublezo1:

I like it. The mobile version is sweet!

Oh god- I didn't even think to check it from my phone.

This could be dangerous...

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

do you guys carry cliffy's colored sleeve post rubbers ?

Of course he does! http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1322
    He just needs to add my authorized Cliffy's distributor logo again but the products are there.

#18 11 years ago

Just wanted to echo the comments from others.
    Pinball Life is a great place to buy anything pinball related.
    Very nice site, excellent customer service, and fair prices.

Overall a class act.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Oh god- I didn't even think to check it from my phone.
    This could be dangerous...

Buying a new pinball machine could just be one mobile click away!

#20 11 years ago

Pinball Life is my first stop when it comes to parts and Terry is great to deal with. Love the new site and my wish list is still in tact from before too

#21 11 years ago

Terry's definitely great to deal with, I had a brain-fart the other night when placing an order online and forgot to include a couple items (even though they were listed on the paper in front of me while I was placing the order), called Terry the next morning and he happily let me add the forgotten items to the order so I didn't have to pay S/H twice.

#22 11 years ago

2 more unsolicited cents for Pinball life.

Great service, fast shipping, fair prices.

#23 11 years ago

Cannot wait to check out the mobile version - this could get messy!!

#24 11 years ago

As for shipping costs, I usually ignore them when ordering from Pinball Life. I always get a refund from Terry if the actual shipping costs were cheaper then stated on the order, which is usually the case. And I never have to ask for the adjustment. The same day the order is shipped I get my shipping refund as well.

Pinball Life and Terry are the best and my first stop for anything pinball.

#25 11 years ago

nevermind, thanks for the explaination

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Terry I wish the shipping were smarter, I ordered 1 part and just added mill wipes, It went from $13.85 USPS to $15.55. Stuff like that is no different than packing paper, it shouldn't bump the price up so much.

Shipping costs go up anytime a parcel hits the next pound mark. For example, if you have 1.10 pounds of parts in your cart and you add the Mill Wipes (.40 pounds) your total weight will go up to 1.60 pounds and your shipping cost will not increase at all. Conversely, if you have 1.70 pounds of parts in your cart and you add the Mill Wipes your total weight will go up to 2.10 pounds and shipping will increase.
    Terry.

#27 11 years ago

Thanks Terry, site looks great and my wishlist is intact!

Quoted from pinballlife:

Shipping costs go up anytime a parcel hits the next pound mark. For example, if you have 1.10 pounds of parts in your cart and you add the Mill Wipes (.40 pounds) your total weight will go up to 1.60 pounds and your shipping cost will not increase at all. Conversely, if you have 1.70 pounds of parts in your cart and you add the Mill Wipes your total weight will go up to 2.10 pounds and shipping will increase.
    Terry.

Good explanation.

My wife owns a business that does a lot of internet sales. We have very carefully made sure the weights on our products are accurate for precise shipping charges. We do not mark up shipping AT ALL (no extra "handling charges", ect.) but yet the biggest reason people abandon their carts is shipping costs!

It is unfortunate that some don't understand that "free shipping" means "your paying for it another way"

#28 11 years ago

Terry gets all my business except when he doesn't carry an item/part..................Best customer service ever and that deserves loyalty!!!! I only wish he had more selection.

#29 11 years ago

Site looks great!

Are there any Cliffys for the Itchy and Scratchy area?

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnnycruzr:

Thanks Terry, site looks great and my wishlist is intact!

Good explanation.
    My wife owns a business that does a lot of internet sales. We have very carefully made sure the weights on our products are accurate for precise shipping charges. We do not mark up shipping AT ALL (no extra "handling charges", ect.) but yet the biggest reason people abandon their carts is shipping costs!
    It is unfortunate that some don't understand that "free shipping" means "your paying for it another way"

There is no such thing as free shipping; SOMEONE always pays.

People are very sensitive about shipping costs because that is one way some companies try to "stick" it to you. We try to ship as fairly as possible. Is it an absolutely perfect system? No, but we think we have it pretty dailed in at this point.
    Terry.

#31 11 years ago

Love the new look of the site.

#32 11 years ago

Site looks good, you guys are great!

#33 11 years ago

Hey Terry, can you add this as an option?: After I fill my cart, allow an option of "local pickup" so it still gets sent to you, but you know I'm picking up local. Like most people probably do (including myself) they go to their cart, print to pdf, then manually email you. Seems like extra un-necessary steps.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Any chance you will get other currencies implemented into your site Terry? Be great if I could shop in GBP, other than that site is perfect and one of the easiest part sites to navigate and buy from.

Any chance of this Terry?

#35 11 years ago

On my recent TAF rebuild (I've owned it 15 years and shopped it for the first time since a light cleaning 15 years ago) I bought as much as I could from Terry. Prices are the best and things arrived quickly. Always my first choice. Plus he sells our DVDs (Pins and Vids IV) so we HAVE to support him!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-we-are-updating-our-site-overnight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.