(Topic ID: 33339)

Pinball life slow color change LED ?

By StrykersArcade

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Has anyone used them? any video?

#2 11 years ago

Nope. Just ordered the Coin Taker ones for my TSPP though. They DO have a youtube vid showing these here:

They look nice!

#3 11 years ago

Those look pretty fast! and 3x the price!

No problem paying more for a better product but I need to place a PBL order so it would be convenient.

#4 11 years ago

I use one in the LotR Palantir globe. Looks great, no ghosting.

#5 11 years ago

Sorry no vid, but I have a slow changer by the metamorphosis ring on ToM, I think it came from coin taker, looks AWESOME!

#6 11 years ago

I ordered a few for my pin. There is a nice fade to each color. Down side they are not super bright. I would go with CT's if you want a bright color.

#7 11 years ago

Problem I have found with CT color changers (never used PBL), is to really work the insert you're dealing with had to be constantly on. If it's blinking, the LED will often reset it's color and basically it will flash like 1 color, or change colors and not look good.

#8 11 years ago

Just ordered the PBL color changers after an email from Terry. Will post vid when they arrive.

#9 11 years ago

Cool...let us know how you like them. Btw--Ct has different speed choices also. Good luck!

#10 11 years ago

Pbl color change led has two thumbs up! Video coming.

#11 11 years ago

I use CT's & PBL's, and it depends on the application which looks best. I mix & match.

Terry used to have color changers that would pulse fast, then slow, then fast etc...etc.. that look great. He's out of 'em, and when I asked if he'd get more, he told me he has to order a whole s#itload at a time, and they didn't sell that fast. I'm hoarding the last 6 that I've got!

#12 11 years ago

I use both PBL's and CT. CT's slow fade looks sweet in old (EM) style pop caps. PBL's fast change looks good in clear inserts that tend to stay lit. Have them in the center reticle target on F-14 and under "light spinner" on ES

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-slow-color-change-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.