Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7BFCB427-991D-4DDF-BA03-A0446C5075FD (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Pinball life stainless rails for Bally are first Class ! I won’t mention other brands but they are paper thin .

7BFCB427-991D-4DDF-BA03-A0446C5075FD (resized).jpeg7BFCB427-991D-4DDF-BA03-A0446C5075FD (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Glad to hear that. I just ordered a set on Sunday.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the recommendation! I just ordered a set for my Playboy!

#4 3 years ago

Only thing I do different is small polished screws instead of nails , I wish they had no holes at all.I did a Gorgar with Chrome rails (taxi) style side rails with a little double back tape . I know it’s not original but a Clean look .

#5 3 years ago

Is there a good source for the nails?

#6 3 years ago

PBR and Pinball life carry the nails.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

PBR and Pinball life carry the nails.

I didn't see them on the PL website...

#9 3 years ago

Was JUST about to start a thread to ask a question regarding changing out these side rails! Does anyone know the proper size carriage bolt and that goes in the front spot there? The originals on mine are rough.

Here's the spiral nails (coincidentally the last link I had copied to my clipboard before seeing this thread! )
https://www.pinballlife.com/34-rounded-head-spiral-nail.html

#10 3 years ago

8-32 x 1”

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Only thing I do different is small polished screws instead of nails

I’m assuming u use the screws instead of nails incase u get damage to the rails or cab and they will be easier to take off?

Quoted from play_pinball:

Does anyone know the proper size carriage bolt and that goes in the front spot there? The originals on mine are rough.

Are u familiar with the products that Gatecrasher sells?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from eagle18:

I’m assuming u use the screws instead of nails incase u get damage to the rails or cab and they will be easier to take off?

Are u familiar with the products that Gatecrasher sells?

What do you mean?

#13 3 years ago

I just installed the same style of siderail on my globetrotters and I got them from mantis pinball. I found them to be pretty thick and very good quality at a cheaper price than anyone else. I have purchased siderails before that were definitely thinner than I would expect but the ones I got from mantis seem plenty thick. Im not comparing them to pinball life because ive never bought this style of siderail from PBL, just offering a different option that I found to also be good quality.

https://mantispinball.com/product/bally-51-375-x-3-rails/

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

What do you mean

Which question are u referring to?

#15 3 years ago

Mantis rails are A+++

#16 3 years ago

I got Mantis rails for my Space Invaders and they were super nice.

#17 3 years ago

I have the PBlife rails being delivered today. I will report back on them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-side-rails- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.