(Topic ID: 215721)

Pinball Life shaker motor always running (Stern SAM game)

By rennervision

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shaker 2 (resized).jpg
Shaker 1 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Having all kinds of crazy problems with my new AC/DC Luci VE, but I'm hoping there's a logical explanation for this latest one. (Like, I'm being stupid!)

I purchased a new shaker motor from pinballlife. I've installed one before with no issues, but this is my first for a Stern SAM game. Anyways, I knew something was wrong when I turned on the game and it immediately started rattling as if the shaker is set to maximum. I shut off the game and unplugged everything for the shaker (there's four separate connectors for this part - two to a little PCB and two more to cables on opposite sides of the cabinet), then powered back up and changed my shaker motor settings in the service menu from maximum to none for a sanity test. Reconnected the shaker, started up the pin, and again the whole house started shaking just as the game was booting up.

Am I doing something wrong? Or does this thing need to go back to pinballlife?

#2 5 years ago

Which connector(s) have power all the time?

#3 5 years ago

I have no power unless I connect to both the 1-pin cables located on each side of the cabinet. But then if I do that it's "You Shook Me All Night Long." And "All Morning" and "All Afternoon" as well.

#4 5 years ago

Here are photos showing how I have this thing connected. (I've circled the four different connections.) Could the PCB be bad? Or is there something else I should check?

Shaker 1 (resized).jpgShaker 1 (resized).jpg

Shaker 2 (resized).jpgShaker 2 (resized).jpg

#5 5 years ago

That second picture with the brown and white wire.....
That is plugged into the wrong plug. Disconnect it and run that brown wire that comes off the small pcb to the BACK of the cabinet, left side. You should see another brown and white wire laying in the back. Plug it in there and fire it up. That wire in the back is what tells the shaker to go off and when. The connector on the right side is hot constantly when powered on so that might explain your shaker always being on...let us know how it goes I think you will be fine.

#6 5 years ago

Thank you so much! Never thought there was another one-pin cable in the back for this. Yep - it works like a charm now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-shaker-motor-always-running-stern-sam-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.