Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by wizzardz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

i'm pretty sure most of us enjoy pins because you get lost within the game. away from all the ish going on in the real world or daily lives.

well here's my story;

last week i blew up a International payster 8000 drilling rig engine, i'm talkin put the rod through the lower block and into the air compressor....5g for a well used replacement. (this is for the company i drive trucks/work for. ok, bad week..sorry (the engine had 500,000 miles on it, not to mention all the drilling hours)

yesterday started off the week picking up water truck on my trailer with an 83' ford 7000 pushin a cat engine. what did i do down the pass? forgot no jake brake, wrong gear.....engine over rapped and blew. ya, 2 engines in 2 weeks. but ish happens you know??

SOOOOO,
    the whole point of my story leading up to this is what did i do yesterday after a 13 hour day and another engine??? go get a new GRAND CHAMP score on my DEMO man. i was so wired and disgusted with my last couple weeks i had to get some release. and my DM did it for me.

whether or not you have a good day, and average day, or a day from hell...go into your gameroom, or local bar or pinball location and play for an hour. nothing beats the daily struggles most of us deal with like banging around super jackpots, and getting to wizard modes.

would just like to remind everyone to NOT TAKE PINBALL for granted.

play and have fun.

#3 12 years ago

Sound advice. Glad your pins were there for you in your time of need.

Let's hope the next two weeks are better than the last two!

#4 12 years ago

Amen is right! For me, pinball is absolutely about unwinding. I play my pins for at least 30 minutes every evening after the rest of the family has gone to sleep. It's very therapeutic!

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

whether or not you have a good day, and average day, or a day from hell...go into your gameroom, or local bar or pinball location and play for an hour.

I hear you, whenever I am in a bad mood and I play for a bit I always feel better afterwards.

#6 12 years ago

Great story from a "not-so-great", set of weeks BOS. Great job!

Pinball: Keeping hands busy with flippers, rather than throats!

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I hear you, whenever I am in a bad mood and I play for a bit I always feel better afterwards.

that's what the dude would want

Quoted from NimblePin:

Great story from a "not-so-great", set of weeks BOS. Great job!

thanks nimble.
    funny thing is one of our supers says to me this morning "3's a charm?" i laughed and said "don't say that, i still have 4 more weeks till winter/off season. lmao

#8 12 years ago

Gospel spoken here!

#9 12 years ago

"Pinball is good for you!"

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It's very therapeutic!

Quoted from tk375:

"Pinball is good for you!"

+1, +1

#11 12 years ago

Normally I find it very therapeutic. However, it sucks when you come home after a hard day, have time for one or two quick games before [insert commitment here] and you play HORRIBLE! Dammit I hate that!

#12 12 years ago

You need to get the heck out of crappy Wyoming and go to a real state like South Dakota.. ha. I hear those 'man camps' in North Dakota pay a pretty penny too.

#13 12 years ago

Pinball... it does a body good.

#14 12 years ago

Yes indeed, I can always use some pinball therapy at the end of every day.

#15 12 years ago

I've been suffering from an almost constant state of grinfluenza since the BK showed up. It sits in my home office, and though I've turned the attract mode sound off, the relays and light flashing in the periphery always tempt me into another game.

Hell, even with the buzz kill the bad wizard is, it'll bring a big smile when I get something looking or playing better.

Pinball - learn it, live it, love it

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-release and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.