(Topic ID: 126858)

Pinball Life Rebuild Kits?

By dung

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Or what Rick has done to the Williams logo flipper bats at PBL.
    They used to be $3 each or $2.75 in bulk. Now they are $6 each with no price break.
    Agree that Stern's part prices for the most art are ridiculous. Even dist. prices.

Yeah, you noticed that too!!!!
    From now on my customers get blank replacement bats unless they specifically ask for the now twice as expensive W bats.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Err there's one place that still sells the W logo flipper bats for $3, but I ought not to mention it

If it's Mad Amusements I just bought out their stock of white bats, they still have yellow ones. But now that I looked PBR has them for sub $3, D'oh!

#29 8 years ago

If the Stern rebuilt kits seem like they are priced high then rebuild the flippers smarter.

Here is the cost of a stern rebuilt kit
    $45

Here is the cost if you buy just the parts you need

2 coil stops $4.25 each
    2 plungers with links $3.95 each ($2.75 each if you buy the nearly identical Williams ones)
    2 hardware with bushings $1.50 each
    2 coil sleeves. $.55 each
    2 flipper springs $0.75 each

Total is $22 ($19.60 if you get the williams plunger)

The flipper pawls never break or wear on Stern flipper assemblies. Half of the cost of the flipper kit is these 2 pawls.

The EOS switches and switch actuators you can also buy separately if they happen to be broken.

Just remember that you really really need to replace the hardware and bushings that hold the plunger link to the pawl, stern doesn't use a shoulder bolt on these so the threads on the bolt get worn down first before even the plastic flipper link wears.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-rebuild-kits?tu=kbliznick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.