8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dead_to_me_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    PerfectPlayRubbers_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0037_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0036_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0035_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0034_(resized).JPG
    IMG_7486_(resized).JPG
    IMG_7487_(resized).JPG
    IMG_7488_(resized).JPG
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    fat-lady.jpg
    PerfectPlayY_Flipper_Rubber_02.jpg
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 8 years ago

I wish you hit the pbl buyers list. I hope all 50 are customers or will become customers.

#52 8 years ago

Honestly, how many of us are not Pinball Life customers?

#53 8 years ago

I love PBL. I just wish they carried a few more post types.

#54 8 years ago

Problem if Terry would have done some kind of buyers list is people like me who have stopped by after work and have bought things several times over the past few years probably wouldn't be on it!

#55 8 years ago

I have had these on my Jbot for a couple days now and they feel really good. Similar to Titans which is my go to.

I would say they have a little more bounce (closer to red rubber) than Titans, but all around nice.

Since made of silicone I am assuming they will also hold up and clean up similar, but I guess only time will tell.

Price and availability of all other rubber rings/posts/etc in silicone will easily sway me to these in the future.

#56 8 years ago

Glad to see the first good impression on these new rings. It looks like after Super Bands have lost popularity the market is gravitating more towards silicone. Photos Whysnow? Did you receive yours early?

#57 8 years ago

I saw them randomly last week and ordered the pair before the giveaway.
    image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I saw them randomly last week and ordered the pair before the giveaway.

This is a disappointingly short review.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

This is a disappointingly short review.

did you also see the post 2 above that one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-perfectplay%E2%84%A2-silicone-flipper-rubber-free-friday-giveaway/page/2#post-2861147

Quoted from Whysnow:

I have had these on my Jbot for a couple days now and they feel really good. Similar to Titans which is my go to.
    I would say they have a little more bounce (closer to red rubber) than Titans, but all around nice.
    Since made of silicone I am assuming they will also hold up and clean up similar, but I guess only time will tell.
    Price and availability of all other rubber rings/posts/etc in silicone will easily sway me to these in the future.

I am not sure what else you want?

color saturation is nice, bounce is nice, they feel similar to Titans (which I assume is the main competition and why these were created?), and being silicone I assume they will behave similar to other silicone bands over time.

I see no major difference between these and other comparators. Likely a little more bounce but nothing crazy.

I am hoping Vid got some and will do another scientific durometer and bounce test like he has with other rubbers/silicone.

I like these so far and if the price is better and they maintain stock of other silicone rings then they will get my business.

#60 8 years ago

Let me first say, if these don't work out as flipper rubbers, they make really good stacking block replacements. 2 thumbs up from my daughter that was the first to "test" them out.

IMG_0969_(resized).JPGIMG_0969_(resized).JPG

As for using as they are intended....I put them on CV and AC/DC.

I played CV for many years with traditional rubbers, over a year ago I replaced with Super Bands, as they hold up much longer and require less maintenance to keep in good shape. They are grippier, as many know and much less bounce. I replaced a few months ago with Titan silicon rubbers....I like the additional bounce these have over Super Bands....and they are easy to clean with no issues. I have played a handful of games with Pinball Life's PerfectPlay rubbers.....and I really like the additional bounce they have over the Titan rings from my experience. I believe these are closer to the bounce of a traditional flipper rubber.

AC/DC, the PerfectPlay rubbers seemed to again have more of a bounce then the Titans....I believe both have a little more grip for controlling the ball than traditional flipper rubbers. The colors are nice and saturated. I do like the glossy look of the Super Bands, but these also look nice, though more of a flat color without the gloss.

IMG_0972_(resized).JPGIMG_0972_(resized).JPG

Looking forward to putting more games on these and will be sharing 5 sets over the next fews days with friends so they can get a crack at them.

Thanks again Terry for sending these out for pinheads to test.

Happy Holidays!

#61 8 years ago

A buddy of mine at work shot me an instant message when these came up. So, we both jumped in and scored before they were gone! Got mine a few days later and they look very nice. I'm restoring a Gorgar at present, and will install them there. I'll report in when I test it out.
    Thanks pinballlife!!!

#62 8 years ago

As promised, here's my Review of the Perfect Play Bands:

I used the Purple set on my Addams, Black set on Road Show, Red set on Medieval, Blue on Twilight Zone

Quality:

Color, Saturation, and Intensity very similar to what I've been accustomed to for other bands. I think the Purple hue is perfect for Addams as it tends to mesh quite nice with my LED color set up. Very easy to clean, so I give a major thumbs up on the silicone.

Gameplay:

I actually found these to have significantly better play. Some bands I have found to have way too much bounce. I normally try to trap kickouts in scoops on Addams, Twilight, and RS and these actually seem to help serve that purpose over other vendors.

Ease of Use:

Installation of the Marco Super Bands is an absolute pain in the ass. You literally have to stretch those things out bigtime before you install them. I found these to be a breeze and their elasticity did not take away from the gameplay IMO.

Overall:

I would most certainly recommend this product as a Band of choice. I'm actually going to buy a few more in black for RS, TZ, and Addams to finish off the set. If there was one downside comment I had (and I'm really reaching here), I would say that I'm probably not fond of the white or clear bands, mostly because while they are easy to clean, they tend to get dirty more often. I'm sure for folks that prefer to use a white rubber ring kit this would look nice, but I'm moreso a fan of color.

Again, thank you Terry for your generous Free Friday special.

#63 8 years ago

You mean PerfectPlay?

#64 8 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Thanks PBL!

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Yes, sharing would be good if anyone is in the Christmas spirit. We shipped out 900 flipper rubbers today so there is enough to go around on a lot of machines for a lot of testing and impressions about the play. Of course we have done tons of our own testing, but it is always nice (I think) to hear what others have to say.
    Terry.

Damn Terry, I bought a bunch of super bands from you today and I should've tried these. Thanks for giving my order to Kent Today. Merry Christmas!

#66 8 years ago

These were much easy to put on than Super Bands, I put several on with one hand.....it's just that easy

#67 8 years ago

Got mine the other day and the colors are awesome. They def stretch much better than the superbands. Well test them out asap

Merry Christmas everyone

#68 8 years ago

Thanks to Terry and to Captive_Ball for letting me try some of these out!

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I put several on with one hand

#70 8 years ago

If anyone has any colors they are not using I will gladly try any colors on TWD prem or GOT pro. Message me if you have extras and want to share.

#71 8 years ago

Banger--wife intercepted my bag o' rubbers and wrapped them for Christmas. If you would be so kind as to let me keep a couple pairs, I will send you the rest. What is the zip for Yomammasville ?

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Banger--wife intercepted my bag o' rubbers and wrapped them for Christmas. If you would be so kind as to let me keep a couple pairs, I will send you the rest. What is the zip for Yomammasville ?

#73 8 years ago

You could say Yomamasville has it all.

#74 8 years ago

Well if any of you Lucky (first 26min) folks have to many or a color to you know you will never use remember to keep free Friday alive! Fun times for sure!!

Fifty sets of ALL the colors that was a very generous offering. The biggest pinball freebe I ever heard of.

Good going Terry!

#75 8 years ago

Oh I have a Panthera that could use lots of colors, Big House that could use black.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Well if any of you Lucky (first 26min) folks have to many or a color to you know you will never use remember to keep free Friday alive! Fun times for sure!!
    Fifty sets of ALL the colors that was a very generous offering. The biggest pinball freebe I ever heard of.
    Good going Terry!

Only one set of each color but still was very generous.

#77 8 years ago

About 60 games in after purchasing and installing these. So far, really liking them. A great blend of grip, bounce, ease of install and looks. I'll be picking up more when I visit PBL. They are pretty damn good and for the price can't be beat imo.

#78 8 years ago

I am a fan. They play really nice so far on Jackbot. That game has LOTS of spin and english that gets on the ball so hard to tell for certain, but I am liking the feel so far.

I hope PBL gets more sizes (mini, GTB, etc) and also brings in rings.

When you do the rings, PLEASE no lettering printed on then like the geman ones have. The printing collects dirt and makes for weak spots. I will buy transluecents in BULK from PBL along with flipper silicones going forward if they can maintain stock and have competitive prices with Titan.

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Only one set of each color but still was very generous.

One set of one color is generous. One set of all colors is Killer! You have all the colors to play with and try out (9 machines worth).

So doing bounce tests??? Still deciding which color ??? Let see some pics!
    Lets get the feedback reports.

#80 8 years ago

LOL, I get it. I misread and thought CNKay wrote that we all got 50 sets. And, yes, one set of each color was over-the-top great!

I'll try to post some photos later. So far I really like them.

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

LOL, I get it. I misread and thought CNKay wrote that we all got 50 sets. And, yes, one set of each color was over-the-top great!
    I'll try to post some photos later. So far I really like them.

Do you have 50 machines?

#82 8 years ago

Well I have 3 gottlieb (3/8rubbers). And two machines with 3 flippers. Actually my big guns has a chipped flipper rubber (but 4 flippers).

So don't feel so bad that I missed out, I guess my Atari could have used a set of yellow or orange. Star Action EM with premium rubbers. I guess I'll place an order for a few of the close out rubbers.

#83 8 years ago

We've been dropping free 2-packs of these flipper rubbers into most of the packages we have been shipping out over the last 10 days, hopely this will these silicone flipper rubbers into the hands of even more people for testing.
    Terry

#84 8 years ago

Got these last week and they look great Terry! We will put some in games at the bowling alley here and let you know how they hold up. Thanks for the promotion and being such an awesome part of this hobby.

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

We've been dropping free 2-packs of these flipper rubbers into most of the packages we have been shipping out over the last 10 days, hopely this will these silicone flipper rubbers into the hands of even more people for testing.
    Terry

I ordered some to try and got a free pack (Thanks Terry). I am going to try them out this weekend and see how they preform vs regular red rubber and Titan competition rubber.

#86 8 years ago

I got a free set with my last order and threw them on Tommy. I only played a few games, but they felt decent. I don't play Tommy much, so I'd like to get some for Metallica. Unfortunately they sent orange, so it really wouldn't have looked right on Metallica.

Either way, thanks to PBL for the free flipper rubber. I'll definitely give them a shot and see how the perform.

#87 8 years ago

I did not get in on the free samples but I purchased 50.00 worth of the PerfectPlay rubbers and will be installing on my games over next week or so, replacing superbands and regular rubber. Will report back after I get some time on them. They are definitely very pliable, easy to install and look like real rubber.

#88 8 years ago

Got an order with a set of these included. Thanks Terry! You rock bro.

#89 8 years ago

Did you guys order other parts or just the rings?

#90 8 years ago

I ordered other parts in addition to the PerfectPlay flipper rubbers.

#91 8 years ago

I just ordered parts. A couple pingulps and flipper return springs.

#92 8 years ago

Grabbed some coil sleeves, hope there's a sample in my order.

#93 8 years ago

I wanted to put some time on these flipper rubbers before giving my review. I have sets on three of my games and have been using them for over a week now. I'll start by stating that I am comparing these to standard black rubbers and Super-Bands. I have not yet tried Titan's flipper rubbers.

Appearance-wise, the PerfectPlay colors are vibrant and the finish is shiny, similar to Super-Bands, maybe slightly less shiny. Installation was a breeze - these flipper rubbers are very stretchy and are simple to put on. Gameplay-wise, I found them to be bouncier than other rubbers I've used in the past, resulting in faster ball speeds off the flippers. So far, I'm really enjoying them because of the change from the rubbers I had on previously. On my MMr, it's a welcome change, making the ramp shots easier to climb from an "on the fly" flipper shot. On MET, I find it easier to hit orbit-to-ramp shots, but the increased speed makes the game even faster than it was before. Not necessarily good or bad, but different. The PerfectPlays are not as grippy as Super-Bands and drop catches are more challenging. In this aspect they are more comparable to traditional rubbers.

Overall, I really like the PerfectPlay rubbers and prefer them to the other options out there for most games. Thanks Terry!

IMG_7488_(resized).JPGIMG_7488_(resized).JPG

IMG_7487_(resized).JPGIMG_7487_(resized).JPG

IMG_7486_(resized).JPGIMG_7486_(resized).JPG

#94 8 years ago

From the photos they look like the old defunct Saturn Rings, actually.

#95 8 years ago

The colors compared to Superbands seem less saturated. For example, the red PerfectPlay rubbers look more orange beside the red Superbands. The PP Purples are lighter in color but seem more "purpley" so to speak, but not in a bad way. I have them on on all my games now and so far they are much bouncier than the Superbands and even seem a little softer feeling than conventional rubber. I like them so far. My son commented when playing IM with the reds, they are way bouncier and said it was harder to grab the ball than with Superbands. I had conventional red rubber on Getaway and replaced them with red Perfect Play, they seem to play very similar to me. One thing I noticed too is regardless of the color, all the PP flipper rubbers seem to have the same degree of bounce, at least to me. I don't have enough play to see if they are going to get dirty easier and how difficult they will be to clean.

IMG_0034_(resized).JPGIMG_0034_(resized).JPG

IMG_0035_(resized).JPGIMG_0035_(resized).JPG

IMG_0036_(resized).JPGIMG_0036_(resized).JPG

IMG_0037_(resized).JPGIMG_0037_(resized).JPG

#96 8 years ago

Put blue ones on AMH, and they look great and play well. The most notable feature is how easy they are to install, and I'm finding that I can trap the ball more readily with them. I'm planning to order some for my BK2K and Getaway as well--red, of course.

PerfectPlayRubbers_(resized).JPGPerfectPlayRubbers_(resized).JPG

#97 8 years ago

PBL sent a pair of yellow with my purchase to try out. Really easy to install and I love the feel. I'm going to purchase a set in purple for my MET.

#98 8 years ago

Anyone else notice Superbands are absorbing dirt? There is a faint trail on this white ring that I can't get off with Novus.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#99 8 years ago

I am trying this out on my well Walker. So far, so good.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#100 8 years ago

I got a free set from Terry with my last parts order (Thanks Terry - it was totally unexpected and appreciated!) and put them on my AMH (which was new). I was able to compare the PerfectPlays to brand new factory rubber that Spooky installed.

Short version: I am a fan and will be ordering sets for my other games.

The PerfectPlay rubbers were slightly more bouncy than the standard factory rubber and I noticed right away that I was able to catch and control the ball better. I definitely liked change in "feel."

I recently played a friends ST that had another brand of silicone flipper rubber installed (not Superbands - can't recall what he used) and they felt really dead to me and I honestly did not like them. That was my first experience with silicone rings so I was skeptical when I got Terry's version but I am very happy with them.

As I said, I will be ordering more once I decide what colors I need for everything.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-perfectplay%e2%84%a2-silicone-flipper-rubber-free-friday-giveaway/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.