(Topic ID: 167216)

Pinball Life Party?

By MotorCityMatt

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

They having the open house this year?

#2 7 years ago

from what others have said, no.

Also by this time last year they had info on their website.

#3 7 years ago

Might as well go to STERNSEPICPARTY instead

#4 7 years ago

weird. I read that as "stern septic party"

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

from what others have said, no.
    Also by this time last year they had info on their website.

#6 7 years ago

Unbelievably disappointing. I went to the last two. They were the highlight of Expo for me (go Lionman!). On top of it, I dropped about $400 in parts each time just to support that they were holding this (never let someone with OCD roam aimlessly through containers of parts - impulse buying is impossible to stop, but its a blast).

#7 7 years ago

Sad to hear this too. It had basically become tradition for my dad and I to go to the open house and then the Expo after until the late hours. The PBL open house was easily the best part too! Im sure some idiots got drunk and ruined it for everyone else or something.

#8 7 years ago

Yep, don't think we are going the wife can't deal with two full days of expo.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Yep, don't think we are going the wife can't deal with two full days of expo.

plenty of other things to do in Chicago and honestly if you have not been there much, it would be a shame to just go for the Expo and not do a few other things.

#10 7 years ago

Sterns Party is being organized by Jared, I believe, it should be an Epic Adventure!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sterns Party is being organized by Jared, I believe, it should be an Epic Adventure!

More than Epic. You remember Lobsterzilla ? Well this will go down in the history books as Stern's Partyzilla !

The effort and enthusiasm Jared puts into things is astounding.

LTG : )

#12 7 years ago

We'I I have a more definitive straight-from-the-horse's-mouth statement on this next week.
    Terry.

#14 7 years ago

I will miss the pinball life event if they don't have it this year. I started to go about 3 or 4 years ago. Cheap parts, good food and drinks for everyone. every body I talked to had a good time. I guess some people didn't. Sucks for them it's FREE. It must still cost alot to put this event on. Terry puts all his games on play for everybody. Where else would I play AL'S garage band? It was always the high light of my expo trip. If nobody said thank u you terry? Here it is thanks.

P.s. I need 3 sheets of playfield glass, 3 sets of B/W legs chrome, one B/W lock down bar

#15 7 years ago

This is also the highlight of my pinball year. I have had a blast the past 4 years that I have gone. If it matters, I would much rather throw money at the pbl event than expo.

#16 7 years ago

I've been to the explosion the last 2 years and like many people, it's definitely been a worthwhile break from the expo itself. I was looking forward to spending walking the aisles and spending more money again this year (and even more so, yelling "lionman!" from dino's megaphone

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

plenty of other things to do in Chicago and honestly if you have not been there much, it would be a shame to just go for the Expo and not do a few other things.

Lived there for a year launching a vehicle for Ford. They put is in the the grand plaza apartments on Grand and State Street so I have been to pretty much every restaurant, park, beach, and sporting event in the city.

#18 7 years ago

Make it a low key lounge event

#19 7 years ago

I remember going when they had it at their house and invited all of us crazies in. If it doesn't happen it will be missed.

#20 7 years ago

I remember a lot of people complaining (yes, you read that correctly) about the party last year. "Too crowded", "Didn't get to play any games", yadda yadda yadda.

Last year was the first time I went to Expo, so naturally I did what everyone told me to do and hit the PBL party beforehand. Unbelievable time. Got to play some great games, see The Big Lebowski and Game of Thrones in the flesh, and FREE BEER! I will be bummed if they don't have it this year, but will totally understand. With the amount of time and effort they put into this party, for people to complain is just insane.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Make it a low key lounge event

And allow preorder parts pickup for the rest of us idiots. Please.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

We'I I have a more definitive straight-from-the-horse's-mouth statement on this next week.
    Terry.

Dam Terry, the wife is almost convinced.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-party and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.