Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Leeb18509
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinless.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

My wife and I were driving home from Chicago the first time I had ever heard of pinball life. Didn't own any machines at the time so was unaware of who/what the were. But I had seen an entry for them on pinball map or something of the sort - hey, there's a place with lots of machines right off the highway! We stopped by thinking it would be a standard location to maybe have lunch and play a few games.
    Confusion grows as we get closer and it's just an industrial park. Moreso as we locate their door. We go in anyway and realize it's "just" a parts warehouse. I explain the situation and confusion, mention that I don't actually have any machines and thank them for their time.
    Nonsense. You came here to play - you're gonna play. Didn't know who they were, never done business with them, came unnanounced? No problem. Wife and I were let into the back room and told to play to our heart's content.
    Instant customer for life. Marcos is great, but if there's a part I need and PBL has it - that's who I order from every time.

Similar experience here. I was in town on business a few days before pinball expo, but I had to fly out before any festivities started.

I thought “what better way to save a few bucks on shipping than to drive on over to Pinball Life and pickup some parts in person and fly back with them”. I didn’t understand that they’re not really setup to have customers drop by and start rambling a list of random parts they need.

I roll in and quickly realize I should have placed my order ahead of time and given them a heads up that I’d be picking them up. However, I was greeted warmly and given the “grand tour” of the place. (I even got to pet a dog)

I was then invited to play on the pins that had been setup in the back. They had some of the nicest/cleanest examples I’ve ever seen. Still have dreams about that Indiana Jones (looked liked it was unboxed yesterday).

Long story short: Pinball Life has some terrific people running it. Will go out of my way and would even pay a few $ more if it means getting it from them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinless.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-is-awesome-1?tu=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.