Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Leeb18509
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

So I ordered a whack of parts from Pinball Life, including a new lockdown bar for my Monopoly.

It turns out that they incorrectly indicated that this lockdown bar -- https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=500-5757-02-00 -- worked with Monopoly so I bought it.

After some very prompt back-and-forth I was directed to the right bar: https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html

I just received a call telling me that they were sending me the right bar free of charge. Further, to not send the incorrect bar back as it was too complex to do the international return.

I don't need the bar so I'll be selling it on Pinside and donating the money to Project Pinball. Even better, my employer will match donations so this will be a 2x donation.

This is how you get loyal customers! Kudos!

#2 3 years ago

p.s. the reason I got a new bar is that my original had a piece of tape on it that was powder-coated over

#3 3 years ago

Terry and crew are great !

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Terry and crew are great !

They really are, the bar can't be set any higher.

#6 3 years ago

Very knowledgeable, customer service based team, always a pleasure to support them!

#7 3 years ago

Everyone knows pinball life is amazing! I cannot recall a bad thing ever said about Terry and PBL.

#8 3 years ago

Never had a bad experience with them. The only issue I ever had was corrected immediately without hassle. Great business!

#9 3 years ago

Terry and crew are the Best of the Best. No question.

#10 3 years ago

My wife and I were driving home from Chicago the first time I had ever heard of pinball life. Didn't own any machines at the time so was unaware of who/what the were. But I had seen an entry for them on pinball map or something of the sort - hey, there's a place with lots of machines right off the highway! We stopped by thinking it would be a standard location to maybe have lunch and play a few games.

Confusion grows as we get closer and it's just an industrial park. Moreso as we locate their door. We go in anyway and realize it's "just" a parts warehouse. I explain the situation and confusion, mention that I don't actually have any machines and thank them for their time.

Nonsense. You came here to play - you're gonna play. Didn't know who they were, never done business with them, came unnanounced? No problem. Wife and I were let into the back room and told to play to our heart's content.

Instant customer for life. Marcos is great, but if there's a part I need and PBL has it - that's who I order from every time.

#11 3 years ago

That's awesome! !

#12 3 years ago

Agreed they have been fantastic to work with. I order as many things as I can from them. Awesome people and great customer service!

#13 3 years ago

PL is my go to for parts. They are simply wonderful.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

PL is my go to for parts. They are simply wonderful.

Agree 100%.

#15 3 years ago

True dis!

#17 3 years ago

If I’m not mistaking.... Scott Danesi works for Pinball Life.... He’s the designer of Total Nuclear Annihilation TNA

#18 3 years ago

My only complaint with PinballLife is no matter how many times I add a puppy to my cart I have Yet to receive one! Unless USPS has a dozen frozen puppies in a truck somewhere I suspect they are on back order?

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from bsobie:

If I’m not mistaking.... Scott Danesi works for Pinball Life.

Regardless. They are still a great Company!

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from bsobie:

If I’m not mistaking.... Scott Danesi works for Pinball Life.... He’s the designer of Total Nuclear Annihilation TNA

I heard that Scott Danesi is also awesome!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-is-awesome/page/6#post-2984839

#21 3 years ago

My only wish with pinball life is that they would open up usps shipping again. FedEx and ups shipping rates are brutal ( not usable).

#22 3 years ago

I actually just order some things today. Ordered many times in past and always a pleasure to deal with. If you have a question email them and always get a very quick response. Quick turnaround too with orders.

#23 3 years ago

Good eggs.
    Best place to buys mass quantities of fuses.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Good eggs.
    Best place to buys mass quantities of fuses.

lolol

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

My wife and I were driving home from Chicago the first time I had ever heard of pinball life. Didn't own any machines at the time so was unaware of who/what the were. But I had seen an entry for them on pinball map or something of the sort - hey, there's a place with lots of machines right off the highway! We stopped by thinking it would be a standard location to maybe have lunch and play a few games.
    Confusion grows as we get closer and it's just an industrial park. Moreso as we locate their door. We go in anyway and realize it's "just" a parts warehouse. I explain the situation and confusion, mention that I don't actually have any machines and thank them for their time.
    Nonsense. You came here to play - you're gonna play. Didn't know who they were, never done business with them, came unnanounced? No problem. Wife and I were let into the back room and told to play to our heart's content.
    Instant customer for life. Marcos is great, but if there's a part I need and PBL has it - that's who I order from every time.

Similar experience here. I was in town on business a few days before pinball expo, but I had to fly out before any festivities started.

I thought “what better way to save a few bucks on shipping than to drive on over to Pinball Life and pickup some parts in person and fly back with them”. I didn’t understand that they’re not really setup to have customers drop by and start rambling a list of random parts they need.

I roll in and quickly realize I should have placed my order ahead of time and given them a heads up that I’d be picking them up. However, I was greeted warmly and given the “grand tour” of the place. (I even got to pet a dog)

I was then invited to play on the pins that had been setup in the back. They had some of the nicest/cleanest examples I’ve ever seen. Still have dreams about that Indiana Jones (looked liked it was unboxed yesterday).

Long story short: Pinball Life has some terrific people running it. Will go out of my way and would even pay a few $ more if it means getting it from them.

#26 3 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#27 3 years ago

Wish they would get better shipping prices to AK - just about every other place does.

#28 3 years ago

Yes, Pinball Life IS awesome (for the record, so is that Danesi guy)!

#29 3 years ago

They are awesome, they even refunded me the extra shipping costs!
    Very attractive prices!
    Long live this company.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alaskanzen:

My only wish with pinball life is that they would open up usps shipping again. FedEx and ups shipping rates are brutal ( not usable).

Agree, but I found out at least UPS is twice as fast as Fedex to me. Fedex gnd takes a damn week or more. Worth the extra $1.50, even on the already high cost. (typically ~$16)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-is-awesome-1?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.