(Topic ID: 262256)

Pinball Life in Oregon... WTF!!!??? How Say You???

By PinballGurus

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by guitarded
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would You Have Purchased The EBD???”

• Yes 20 votes
    57%
  • No 15 votes
    43%

(35 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 5.23.54 AM (resized).png
images (resized).jpeg
0B7D1A55-0234-4BB4-9D43-2579083DDF67 (resized).jpeg
F5A7785A-7955-4EF1-B2BC-D615432A7469 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KHL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago

Dear mr. @pinballgurus (I assume I am addressing an individual and not a collective.

I'd like to take a moment to point out that the Pacific NW collector community is incredibly small and for the most part very well knit and many of us are family to one another. In the last decade that I've been taking trips from N to S (K. Falls to Bellingham) I've met many individuals who are keeping this insane, amazing and oh so addictive thing called Pinball ALIVE.

To those of us who've been at it more than a few years I assume that we all know exactly who you are referring to (a FB msg this AM to a friend revealed this to be the case). I find your post unfortunate in several different respects: firstly, the assumption that it's "anonymous" (and or you are actually shit posting to jab at folks on purpose but let's go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't an asshole). Secondly, the supposed context of the post itself makes you look like an underhanded opportunist; if you know the other potential buyer you could have easily reached out to them first and said "hey bro, you gonna make a move and if not mind if I scoop it?" Thirdly, it's a really small world and if you believe in Karma then expect that you'll be on the other end of a situation like this (we all have been!) and how would that feel?

Communicating in a direct and honest manner between the parties directly involved would be the best way to resolve this, posting the pix of your snagged booty is also suspect... just why?! It's all in very bad form IMHO. We are an eclectic bunch, I'd say we are freaks of human nature in many regards and for better or worse for many of us our love for pinball knows no bounds. Please take my thoughts with a grain of salt as I have also not always been the easiest person to deal with; I am also guilty of being wishy washy and or perhaps a bit too firm but I believe the people who know me well would attest that I do my best to be a stand up individual who wants to share the love of this culture/hobby/lifestyle (thanks Stern! LOL) continue to blossom for all of us.

Cheers,

KHL

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#18 4 years ago

Right, I mean remember when you got that SOF from me several years ago with the (unbeknownst to me at the time) hashed apart board weren't we able to work it out without making a "veiled" Pinside thread about it? To be fair, I still wish I had dealt with the person who sold it to me in a more civil manner because I sure did let them have an earful.. we live and learn, hopefully.

Quoted from Brijam:

Aw man, I got all excited. I thought Pinball Life was moving to Oregon!
I'd have to hear all sides of the story to have an opinion about what went down, I also found it a little hard to follow the story.

#19 4 years ago

What's even more confounding is that the person who posted this topic is also named Jay

Quoted from zacaj:Sounds like you told Joe you'd be interested, if Jay "doesn't work out." Joe then sells it to you, so presumably Jay backed out, as far as you're concerned. Seems like if Jay is mad, that's Joe's fault...
Trying to offer more to incentivize Joe when he already had a deal with Jay is a bit mean though.

#20 4 years ago

Can I get a show of thumbs up from Pinsiders who are reading this thread that live in the Pacific NW area?

#45 4 years ago

LOL, you are obviously hardcore and very Los Angeles to the core of your being.

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Dibs are for chumps. I deliberately never sell anything to anybody I know because you become the permanent warranty support and complaint department.
Even if a friend offered more, don’t do it. That’s how you keep friends. And a true friend never calls dibs, they go out and get their own

#46 4 years ago

That's not the whole story, talked to the person who this guy swooped on (he fails to mentions he offered an extra 200.00 to get that EBD LE). Of course he forgot that detail, nice story, bro.

#54 4 years ago

Just attempting to point out that making a post about all of this just conflates the issue in a pre emptive fashion to make it out like Guru was somehow morally above the situation. Anyone reasonable would have taken care of all of this behind the scenes face to face and seen no reason to start a bitch thread here about it, case closed.

Quoted from fosaisu:

What percentage blame do you put on the owner vs Pinballgurus for your friend missing out on the EBD? It’s got to be 99% on the owner, since he’s the only one who (potentially) went back on his word here. It’s hard to tell from Pinballgurus‘s first post who he was talking/texting with when various statements were made, but looks like he said he’d take the game (for more $) if the other guy didn’t buy it, owner contacted him next day and said come get it. If I were Pinballgurus I’d have taken that as confirmation the other guy either didn’t want it, or the owner didn’t feel he’d made a commitment to sell to someone else.
All seems pretty harmless to me. But it does lead me to wonder, are there always four or five parties involved in Oregon pinball sales? Must be exhausting.

#55 4 years ago

Ok, go ahead and remind me, when where and on what? Thanks.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'll vouch for that, LOL, you flaked out on your word to do a deal with me...

#66 4 years ago

Sage words coming from the guy who wanted 20k for a Medieval Madness

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Cash on the glass.

#67 4 years ago

Hey PinballGurus

How's the listing for your other EBD going? Very kind of you to discount it from it's normal 6k asking price, thanks for looking out!

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 5.23.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-21 at 5.23.54 AM (resized).png
#68 4 years ago

Well, sounds like it's water under the bridge but since I have the opportunity to air it out it was no doubt a bit shitty of me to flake/backout or whatever I did (feel free to PM me) but I still say that it's never too late to start drama!

Quoted from HighVoltage:

If I wanted to start drama about it, I would have started a pinside thread back then, LOL...

#69 4 years ago

You definitely need to be on top of it. What sucks IMO with this situation is that it supposedly claims not to be burning anyone but yet it reads (to me) like a pre emptive attempt to preserve one's supposed good standing and ethics. Having discussed the situation with the other party it sounds like there is a bit more to the story, doubt they'll add to it here as they are incredibly chill and are moving on.

Business is business, but like I was told by a wise man years ago "you'll meet very few stand up people in your life". Offering to pay over asking price to grab a game, great business tactic but an unfortunate method to employ, especially if you have an existing relationship with the other person. Of course this is just like my opinion, man.

Quoted from Brijam:

There's no real way to know the full story unless all parties air it all out here.
I personally have had pins sold out from under me. I always felt like it was my fault for not showing up with cash immediately. The lesson I learned years ago was to act fast.

#75 4 years ago

Well, since the other less valuable editions are going for 6k this is a solid deal.

Quoted from Brijam:

Seriously, can you really get $4k for an EBD? I may need to sell a couple of my older pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KHL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-in-oregon-wtf-how-say-you?tu=KHL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.