(Topic ID: 262256)

Pinball Life in Oregon... WTF!!!??? How Say You???

By PinballGurus

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by guitarded
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would You Have Purchased The EBD???”

• Yes 20 votes
    57%
  • No 15 votes
    43%

(35 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 5.23.54 AM (resized).png
images (resized).jpeg
0B7D1A55-0234-4BB4-9D43-2579083DDF67 (resized).jpeg
F5A7785A-7955-4EF1-B2BC-D615432A7469 (resized).jpeg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What percentage blame do you put on the owner vs Pinballgurus for your friend missing out on the EBD? It’s got to be 99% on the owner, since he’s the only one who (potentially) went back on his word here. It’s hard to tell from Pinballgurus‘s first post who he was talking/texting with when various statements were made, but looks like he said he’d take the game (for more $) if the other guy didn’t buy it, owner contacted him next day and said come get it. If I were Pinballgurus I’d have taken that as confirmation the other guy either didn’t want it, or the owner didn’t feel he’d made a commitment to sell to someone else.
All seems pretty harmless to me. But it does lead me to wonder, are there always four or five parties involved in Oregon pinball sales? Must be exhausting.

I agree - the owner would be the blame (if anyone). The buyer seems to be in the clear.

The buyer stressed interest in the game - if the other guy doesn't buy it - and let the owner know. The owner then reached back out to complete the sell. I would have bought the game too if the owner called me back.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

I have also not always been the easiest person to deal with; I am also guilty of being wishy washy

I'll vouch for that, LOL, you flaked out on your word to do a deal with me...

#53 4 years ago

Much ado about nothing... You just started this thread so you could post your EBD purchase, right?

#54 4 years ago

Just attempting to point out that making a post about all of this just conflates the issue in a pre emptive fashion to make it out like Guru was somehow morally above the situation. Anyone reasonable would have taken care of all of this behind the scenes face to face and seen no reason to start a bitch thread here about it, case closed.

Quoted from fosaisu:

What percentage blame do you put on the owner vs Pinballgurus for your friend missing out on the EBD? It’s got to be 99% on the owner, since he’s the only one who (potentially) went back on his word here. It’s hard to tell from Pinballgurus‘s first post who he was talking/texting with when various statements were made, but looks like he said he’d take the game (for more $) if the other guy didn’t buy it, owner contacted him next day and said come get it. If I were Pinballgurus I’d have taken that as confirmation the other guy either didn’t want it, or the owner didn’t feel he’d made a commitment to sell to someone else.
All seems pretty harmless to me. But it does lead me to wonder, are there always four or five parties involved in Oregon pinball sales? Must be exhausting.

#55 4 years ago

Ok, go ahead and remind me, when where and on what? Thanks.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'll vouch for that, LOL, you flaked out on your word to do a deal with me...

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

no reason to start a bitch thread here about it, case closed.

Agreed.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Ok, go ahead and remind me, when where and on what? Thanks.

If I wanted to start drama about it, I would have started a pinside thread back then, LOL...

#59 4 years ago

Snooze you lose.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Snooze you lose.

I think that pretty much sums it up here and it is just that simple. Original buyer snoozed on the seller/deal and the seller decided cash in hand was better than cash being planned.

#61 4 years ago

If I understand all of this correctly, the owner of the game said come get it I'll sell it to you and you showed up cash in hand on time and took it away?

Sounds like the perfect pinball sale/purchase. Anything else is completely immaterial.

#62 4 years ago

Needs decals.;p

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Pick up this $2500 EBD and offer it to Jay for $3500. Jay can the forgive you and you can buy a new EBD playfield
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91061

#63 4 years ago

There's no real way to know the full story unless all parties air it all out here.

I personally have had pins sold out from under me. I always felt like it was my fault for not showing up with cash immediately. The lesson I learned years ago was to act fast.

#64 4 years ago

That is 100% what happened. I’m am not not one to intentionally burn bridges, but it is what it is... not stopping me from continuing onward.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I think that pretty much sums it up here and it is just that simple. Original buyer snoozed on the seller/deal and the seller decided cash in hand was better than cash being planned.

#65 4 years ago

I have had pins taken from under me too, by the exactly the same guy who’s mad at me now, but I have never said a word. Business is business.

Quoted from Brijam:

There's no real way to know the full story unless all parties air it all out here.
I personally have had pins sold out from under me. I always felt like it was my fault for not showing up with cash immediately. The lesson I learned years ago was to act fast.

#66 4 years ago

Sage words coming from the guy who wanted 20k for a Medieval Madness

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Cash on the glass.

#67 4 years ago

Hey PinballGurus

How's the listing for your other EBD going? Very kind of you to discount it from it's normal 6k asking price, thanks for looking out!

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 5.23.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-21 at 5.23.54 AM (resized).png
#68 4 years ago

Well, sounds like it's water under the bridge but since I have the opportunity to air it out it was no doubt a bit shitty of me to flake/backout or whatever I did (feel free to PM me) but I still say that it's never too late to start drama!

Quoted from HighVoltage:

If I wanted to start drama about it, I would have started a pinside thread back then, LOL...

#69 4 years ago

You definitely need to be on top of it. What sucks IMO with this situation is that it supposedly claims not to be burning anyone but yet it reads (to me) like a pre emptive attempt to preserve one's supposed good standing and ethics. Having discussed the situation with the other party it sounds like there is a bit more to the story, doubt they'll add to it here as they are incredibly chill and are moving on.

Business is business, but like I was told by a wise man years ago "you'll meet very few stand up people in your life". Offering to pay over asking price to grab a game, great business tactic but an unfortunate method to employ, especially if you have an existing relationship with the other person. Of course this is just like my opinion, man.

Quoted from Brijam:

#70 4 years ago

"in great shape for its age" is one of my fav selling points

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Wasnt me, sorry.

Although i would definitely take 20k for my MM lol

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Is Backbiting a requirement to be part of your Northwest Pinball Community?

#73 4 years ago

The story will only get better if the OP tries to flip the game within this thread

#74 4 years ago

Seriously, can you really get $4k for an EBD? I may need to sell a couple of my older pins.

#75 4 years ago

Well, since the other less valuable editions are going for 6k this is a solid deal.

Quoted from Brijam:

Seriously, can you really get $4k for an EBD? I may need to sell a couple of my older pins.

#76 4 years ago

That will be Jays problem

#77 4 years ago

I wish I'd seen post before it was edited trying to make himself look better because people said it was confusing and he sounded drunk. Reading responses he must have left a lot out of updated post with stuff like "Fix up, sell, split the profits!". Really long stupid story just to find out in the end OP doesn't know machine is for sale, hears from someone that someone else already agreed to buy and the price he is going to buy it for, OP hears that and has other guy contact seller to offer more money and buys the machine he knows someone else was going to buy. I would not have done that and I don't think most people would have. It's not the sellers fault to take more money. Sounds like no one on forum has met or talked to this guy. I have. He must have been trying to get his first machine around 2 years ago. Didn't sound like he knew anything about pinball trying to beat me down on price over the phone. Said he was opening a arcade and would send me stickers of his new business the pinball gurus. Never happened. He called months later trying to buy. Just him making his post proves he is trying to burn the guy so I'm 99.9% sure he did on that pin. His post makes him look as bad as he does posting highly over priced machines. Check out his Craigslist ads in Salem Oregon for a good laugh and wait to see how much he asks for this one. I'm betting $4,500 because it's the rare LE version. How much do you think he's going to ask for? Just a business deal to him. Sounds like he's wrong person to do business with. Maybe if he got a boyfriend he wouldn't need to bend people over on pinball machines. He's no pinball gurus. Maybe Fellatio Gurus. He definitely sucks.

#78 4 years ago

Some Community you all got up there.

Real nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-in-oregon-wtf-how-say-you/page/2?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.