Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CTvsPL.jpg
    COMPARISON.jpg
    WARM-WHITE.jpg
    photo_4.JPG
    photo_3.JPG
    photo_2.JPG
    photo_1.JPG
    ghostbusters.gif
    th-1.jpeg

#2 10 years ago

Which ones?

#3 10 years ago

My guess is the flex and domed ones. And a bit cheaper too.

#4 10 years ago

yeeehaaaaawwww one stop shopping.

#5 10 years ago

cool link
    new goodies

#7 10 years ago

The retro supers and flex supers and they are non ghosting!

#8 10 years ago

The retro supers and flex supers and they are non ghosting!

Woo-hooooo!!!!!!!

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#9 10 years ago

Ghostbusters for under $1, outstanding!

ghostbusters.gifghostbusters.gif

#10 10 years ago

dammit....started looking around there and placed another order!

#11 10 years ago

Awesome! Cant wait to order more LEDs

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

Awesome! Cant wait to order more LEDs

I wish I would've read this 2hrs earlier.. I JUST placed an LED order elsewhere! Oh well, can always use more LEDs.

#13 10 years ago

It's about time, their old led's were not that good.

#14 10 years ago

I disagree. Their old LEDs are the only ones you can get in that (30-35c for qty) price range with bright light for most inserts. Yeah if you have new machines that tend to ghost a lot and for those that own those it will be better. For those of us with older machines that don't want to dump $200 into a LED job on a $600-$900 value game love an option for around $60 per game total ($25 in Ablaze and $35 in CT/PBB for GI).

MOST of my LED's are Ablaze frosted singles, with only a handful of CT/PBB 79c frosted's for inserts, and of course for GI. None of these new ones will provide a substitute for a good cool or warm white frosted from CT/PBB for GI.

#15 10 years ago

Terry's awesome, but the $4 flashers are sooooo 2012.

#16 10 years ago

Awesome!!!! About to order some parts and now I'll add in some LEDs. Very cool!

#17 10 years ago

Still don't have much on the frosted dome area eh?

#18 10 years ago

Just ordered a shipload, I'll report in a cupla days.

1 week later
    #19 10 years ago

Anybody try these yet?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from nosro:

Anybody try these yet?

Yes they look great IMO. I tried the new Premium ghost buster and Premium flex ghost busters. Both were great. The single led with cap provided a good amount of light and nice color. Overall I am very happy with they way they look.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Still don't have much on the frosted dome area eh

Just dip the regular dome in a bit of white primer wipe off excess there you go. I've done that before I am embarrassed to say.

#21 10 years ago

Pinball Life offers bulk discounts?

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from nosro:

Anybody try these yet?

Yes, they work great.

I have some pics I'll post maybe tomorrow.

#23 10 years ago

If anyone gets the domed ones and is well-versed in CT LEDs, please let us know if their brightness is most similar to the 2-LEDs or Retros.

Thanks!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone gets the domed ones and is well-versed in CT LEDs, please let us know if their brightness is most similar to the 2-LEDs or Retros.
    Thanks!

Brightness of new PBL domed LED is more similar to 2-LED IMO. The domed may even provide more light but appears to me to be a bit more abrasive to the eye if left in an uncovered spot. Here are a few pictures hope they may help. The new domed PBL is the center bulb in the photos with Premium 2 CT to the left and right color is purple:

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG

#26 10 years ago

Last one to try and demonstrate light spread center bulb is the new PBL domed LED top and bottom are Premium 2 LEDs:

photo_4.JPGphoto_4.JPG

#27 10 years ago

I want LEDs that dim properly (e.g. CFTBL, CV GI) so I'd like to know if these are any better.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

I want LEDs that dim properly (e.g. CFTBL, CV GI) so I'd like to know if these are any better.

If that is a huge deal to you then I think you would be best off getting something like this linked below. No LED out that I know of really mimics the dimming of incandescent bulbs very well IMO.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-advanced-lamp-controller-shipping-with-wait-list

#29 10 years ago

Here is a shot showing the Cointaker Flex vs the Ablaze Flex.

You can see a nearly identical circuit, but the Ablaze is 4mm longer.

The extra length could help or hinder...

CTvsPL.jpgCTvsPL.jpg

#30 10 years ago

Here is a shot of the actual LED faces.

Note how the Warm White has a filter of sorts.

WARM-WHITE.jpgWARM-WHITE.jpg

#31 10 years ago

For this shot I used a white balance card, so I could get the color as correct as possible.

My favorite Warm White bulb lately is the NiftyLED.

Here is a comparison between the Ablaze 1 LED warm white, the Ablaze Flex warm white (aiming downward) and the NiftyLED.

The Ablaze Flex nails the same warmth as the Nifty, much better than the Ablaze single. COMPARISON.jpgCOMPARISON.jpg

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

My favorite Warm White bulb lately is the NiftyLED.

I'd have to agree with you on this.

#33 10 years ago

How do Nifty warm whites compare to PinballBulbs/CoinTaker warm whites?

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

How do Nifty warm whites compare to PinballBulbs/CoinTaker warm whites?

Nifty was the best warm white I had seen color wise, but these new Ablaze are its equal.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-has-new-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.