(Topic ID: 286797)

Pinball life flipper rebuild kits bad batch?

By BubbaPin

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bluespin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I'm upgrading a stern spiderman, and I ordered three flipper rebuilds from pinball life, 1 left 2 right. When changing the first one, the tightening bolt broke right off after it got a few threads in. So I needle nosed it out, robbed a bolt from the next one, put that in same thing... So robbed a bolt from the last kit changed the tool I was using which was a ratchet with the allen attachment to a allen wrench. Put that in.. guess what. Few threads in.. it broke. So I had to switch to the bolts in the original. Guess what.. didn't break. No issue with the stern bolts. I've always heard good things about pinball life's rebuilds and I've used them before with no issue, is it possible that the tightening bolts were just a bad batch?

#2 3 years ago

Sounds like it is a bad batch. I hope you contacted Pinball Life before you started this thread.

#3 3 years ago

I did not, because I did not know if I was doing anything wrong on my part in the installation. I love pinball life and order from them. I was actually making a list for another order right now.

#4 3 years ago

Just say something on the next order. They will make it right.

#5 3 years ago

Okay I'll drain the thread then. Thank you.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from BubbaPin:

I did not, because I did not know if I was doing anything wrong on my part in the installation. I love pinball life and order from them. I was actually making a list for another order right now.

Call Terry at Pinball Life and let him know immediately! If he has a bad batch of fasteners, he will want to know ASAP!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from BubbaPin:

Okay I'll drain the thread then. Thank you.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Call Terry at Pinball Life and let him know immediately! If he has a bad batch of fasteners, he will want to know ASAP!

If he actually drained the thread, then he is literally the only person that's not going to see any response posts...

#8 3 years ago

Don’t wait for the next order just email and they will fix it. Great customer service

#9 3 years ago

You can try to pick up replacement bolts at Ace Hardware, as they have a great selection of parts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-flipper-rebuild-kits-bad-batch?hl=bubbapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.