(Topic ID: 197279)

Pinball Life 13th Annual Open House Info

By pinballlife

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171013_151744 (resized).jpg
    20171013_165531 (resized).jpg
    20171013_151029 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8334 (resized).jpg
    20171013_192431 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    05C0869E-C5A3-4714-B2FF-0EF7FE12FF0D (resized).jpeg
    F09A4AF0-8DE8-4AE1-ABFC-1522240F7F25 (resized).jpeg
    142C039E-9E5A-4D64-8CCA-B79067608544 (resized).jpeg
    39F26622-6298-47EA-B543-8178D35C9343 (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1508103166264 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0026 (resized).JPG
    20171014_110535 (resized).jpg
    2FEFAA17-D5E8-4520-9C46-75D658D6BA50 (resized).jpeg
    20171013_153819 (resized).jpg
    15079191520341373673850 (resized).jpg

There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone document the Olympic Games that were there this year?

I think playboy on the turntable was the only one. (Could be wrong though)

Great party, thanks to pinball life!

#302 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone document the Olympic Games that were there this year?

I heard there was someone who came to take nice pics of them. I hope so, as I have some MGC announcements to make...

Quoted from Slim64:

I think playboy on the turntable was the only one. (Could be wrong though)
    Great party, thanks to pinball life!

The... I'll call it the Jazzler was there, as was Vortex, and the Mechanical Bull, although that may not be a Pinball Olympics one per se. There may have been another even.

On Thursday, only the Jazzler was on. I believe the others were on yesterday.

I have great hopes that Vortex lasted the whole show for... reasons that Jay and I were talking about.

#303 6 years ago

Incredible time yesterday. Got there at noon and was 6pm before we knew it. Thank you so much Terry, family, and PL team.

#304 6 years ago

I had a great time. Hanket PBL staff, spooky crew, and jay and all the volunteers that it took to make it happen.
    I did a video walk through. Tried to capture both the vortex and the turntable. I’m going to tru to get it edited for this Friday’s Pinball mayhem release on YouTube.

Added over 6 years ago: Thank you not Hanket.

#305 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I have great hopes that Vortex lasted the whole show

It lasted at least 8-10 hours, had a belt issue a few hours after the PBL party ended. Jay can probably give you a better update.

#306 6 years ago

Thanks everyone! Have no idea how to top this year's show with next year's show, but we'll think of something!
    Terry.

#307 6 years ago

Thank you Terry, Margaret, and Crew for one more great open house. Sure do know how to throw a party.
    Wally

#308 6 years ago

I had a good time, perfect amount of people
    The only pic I managed to take(I swear)

IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG

#309 6 years ago

That pic is from before we opened on Friday. I know there's some good pics out there, but I didn't have the time to take them.

#310 6 years ago

Like this one?

FB_IMG_1508103166264 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1508103166264 (resized).jpg

#311 6 years ago

can someone please post the vid of banger and BFK riding doubles on the bull?

#312 6 years ago

Hey Jay
    Thanks for bringing the MB. (mech bull)
    That was somethin'.
    Wally

#313 6 years ago

Getting my wife on the bull is going to cost me. Too bad it wasn’t turned on.

39F26622-6298-47EA-B543-8178D35C9343 (resized).jpeg39F26622-6298-47EA-B543-8178D35C9343 (resized).jpeg

#314 6 years ago

Don’t ask.

142C039E-9E5A-4D64-8CCA-B79067608544 (resized).jpeg142C039E-9E5A-4D64-8CCA-B79067608544 (resized).jpeg

F09A4AF0-8DE8-4AE1-ABFC-1522240F7F25 (resized).jpegF09A4AF0-8DE8-4AE1-ABFC-1522240F7F25 (resized).jpeg

05C0869E-C5A3-4714-B2FF-0EF7FE12FF0D (resized).jpeg05C0869E-C5A3-4714-B2FF-0EF7FE12FF0D (resized).jpeg

#315 6 years ago

Thanks to Terry, Margaret and crew for another great open house. I had to get my friend back for a wedding so could only stay until 3, but it was nice to chat with some people.

I think we spent more time on Ringer than pinball combined. A very simple yet fun old game, so thanks to whoever brought it!

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from weaselfest:

Super fun yesterday. Thanks to Terry and all that rally around him to put this together.

Wait a second...I got sent one of those in the mail before, back in early 2016...now I've put it together...gwi sent me a bangerjay stand up with the hammock jock strap.

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! All this time I've been wondering why the hell he put that thing in the mail to me...well, I'm still wondering...but at least I now know what it was.

#317 6 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Jay
    Thanks for bringing the MB. (mech bull)
    That was somethin'.
    Wally

Thanks for the belt buckle Wally!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#318 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Thanks for the belt buckle Wally!

You're welcome.
    https://kix104.iheart.com/

#319 6 years ago

Party was really good . Thank you Terry , Margaret and the whole Pinball Life crew . I did not take any good pictures either , but I do have this one .

20171013_192431 (resized).jpg20171013_192431 (resized).jpg

#320 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Party was really good . Thank you Terry , Margaret and the whole Pinball Life crew . I did not take any good pictures either , but I do have this one .

That's a good one.

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Scott looks happy

#322 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Scott looks happy

I think I was crushing him on TNA at the time it was taken .

#323 6 years ago

On Thursday, I had just gotten crushed on TNA. I don't think it is possible to score any lower than I did. Scott reached over and slapped a Sac Rack on the glass. The timing...

In his defense, they were just handed to him. I chuckled a little when I read the above post - and thought of him getting crushed on his own game.

Great, fun game. I can't wait to play it again.

#324 6 years ago

Thanks for putting on such a great event as usual! My dad and I have been going to PBL and follow it up with the Expo until about midnight the past several years and PBL is always the highlight! Can’t wait til the next one!

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

perfect amount of people

Yup. Party felt full, but never crowded. Thanks again to Terry, Margaret & the whole PBL gang for another awesome year.

#326 6 years ago

we went on thursday (to avoid the insanity that was the party from a few years back)
    however, that didn't stop me from emptying my wallet and purchasing a ton of stuff from terry and co.

the playfield on the ted nugent up in the VIP area was like glass and the game was a ton of fun to play, especially with the "upgraded" sound system and coding

parker and I almost fell on our asses both getting on and off the playboy turn table, but that was a blast to play as well

thanks again for taking the time to put it together and share your warehouse with a bunch of us. a special thanks to everyone that donated additional money to the charity. bryan was floored by how much it raised

#327 6 years ago

The party was an awesome highlight of our trip. I had a great time with my dude and the PBL & Spooky crew. This photo will go nice next to our TNA #109

IMG_8334 (resized).jpgIMG_8334 (resized).jpg

#328 6 years ago

Terry, thanks for putting this on again this year, I had a great time and was able to meet a bunch of Pinsiders in person since I never have a weekend free to go to the Expo.

I don't know what was more disorienting the Playboy on the turntable, or Orbiter in the 'rock crusher'. Either way, I did both numerous times...

Funniest part of the day is when I played TNA for the first time...someone gave me grief about my bad first ball - saying, "maybe you'd do better if you weren't flailing around." I then proceeded to crush him and his friend on my second and third ball, beating them both by 250,000 points. I just turned to then and said, "Good match." and walked away.

#329 6 years ago

Great Party! My wife and I had a great time as a breakaway from the stiff expo atmosphere for 3-4 hours each day. I bought a few things that I wanted and saved on no shipping costs. Thanks to Charlie for signing my RZ translite! Spooky Pinball did a great job on TA and we were glad that we had the opportunity to play it about 4 times. It was also a real treat to have the opportunity to play the Trilogy Brewery pin. I didn't see a video of anything at the party so I put together some low grade pics and vids I took with my phone (I stole one from MattS as most of my pics were blurry). Some video of my wife playing TA at the end. It was really fun and different - something that my wife and I will probably never forget. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Didn't understand what the large stand up targets were all about other than lighting up the big LED sign with a color. Thank you Pinball Life for the hospitality and it is great that you also turned Friday into a charity event for a good cause. We might be back next year if Expo has any decent reason to attend.

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Great Party! My wife and I had a great time as a breakaway from the stiff expo atmosphere for 3-4 hours each day. I bought a few things that I wanted and saved on no shipping costs. Thanks to Charlie for signing my RZ translite! Spooky Pinball did a great job on TA and we were glad that we had the opportunity to play it about 4 times. It was also a real treat to have the opportunity to play the Trilogy Brewery pin. I didn't see a video of anything at the party so I put together some low grade pics and vids I took with my phone (I stole one from MattS as most of my pics were blurry). Some video of my wife playing TA at the end. It was really fun and different - something that my wife and I will probably never forget. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Didn't understand what the large stand up targets were all about other than lighting up the big LED sign with a color. Thank you Pinball Life for the hospitality and it is great that you also turned Friday into a charity event for a good cause. We might be back next year if Expo has any decent reason to attend.
    » YouTube video

Thanks for the video!

#331 6 years ago

Just finished up my pinball life party video. Enjoy. I also have a just TnA section on the Pinball Mayhem channel.

2 weeks later
    #332 6 years ago

Nice video. Thanks for doing that!
    Terry.

#333 6 years ago

20171013_151029 (resized).jpg20171013_151029 (resized).jpg

#334 6 years ago

20171013_165531 (resized).jpg20171013_165531 (resized).jpg

#335 6 years ago

This is the weirdest pic I've ever seen. I look like a burn victim that only does shrugs at the gym. NECK SO STRONG.
    20171013_151744 (resized).jpg20171013_151744 (resized).jpg

#336 6 years ago

Tough looking crowd. Glad I didn't piss them off that day.
    Terry.

8 months later
    #337 5 years ago

Terry..............is this great party going to happen again this year?

#338 5 years ago

I was wondering the same exact thing!

#339 5 years ago

Terry is currently participating in the Lionman thread
    check back later.....

#340 5 years ago

The Lionman transcends all

#341 5 years ago

Yes, it's happening. More info soon!
    Terry.

#342 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

Awesome news....
    Getting plane tickets now.

#343 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

Awesome news....
    Gassing the truck up now.

#344 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Awesome news....
    Gassing the truck up now.

Which reminds me Bryan, we need to talk about getting Team G on board again this year for the Friday event.

#345 5 years ago

Let me know if we can bring the beer...

#346 5 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Yes, you can, please! Both Kim and I will be there and expo as a vendor.

#347 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Which reminds me Bryan, we need to talk about getting Team G on board again this year for the Friday event.

Team G would be honored, Terry.

Quoted from stpcore:

Yes. Yes you can, Ken.

#348 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, you can, please! Both Kim and I will be there and expo as a vendor.

Glad to hear you guys are coming in this year, Rob!

#349 5 years ago

I'd be happy to volunteer again if timing works out!

#350 5 years ago

Wooo HOOOOO

There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-life-13th-annual-open-house-info/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.