Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by nottud
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nottud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey everyone - as a bit of a hobby with learning to make Android apps, I had a go and produced an Android app to help level up pinballs when setting them up in a new location and I thought I would share it with everyone in case some people might find it useful. (I know someone made an iphone app that does similar) It works by the following:

(1)Placing your phone on the pinball and setting a profile
    (2)Placing phone on pinball in new location and trying the centre the X - doing this achieves the set up in the old location.

OR

Press yPos (setting it off) to activate simple horizontal levelling with no need to calibrate to a machine. (You can still calibrate if needed to a flat surface with the set button)

You can turn on voice assistance (Using text to speech) so you can level up without looking at the phone - works for both modes.

You can get the app in the Google play store with the link below. The app is free and there are no adverts/IAP:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nottud.pinballleveller

If you like please leave me some feedback or ideas for possible improvements - I will see what I can do! It would be nice if someone with a pinball machine could let me know if it is any good as I currently live in a shared house and no pinball to try it out with.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion - what you want already exists although perhaps not obvious.

Press the yPos button to get a regular level (Horizontal direction only) which you will be able to use without setting it to a pinball machine.

EDIT: Altered main post to make it clearer.

#9 9 years ago

I'll have a look at the code with the sensors to see if I can fix so it will work for more devices such as your tablet.

I'll also have a proper look at range and maybe make it setable by the user. Atm it some arbitary level that "felt about right" - probably some number of radians.

#15 9 years ago

Had a look at the sensor code but I don't see anything wrong it so if it doesn't work then sorry I don't know how to fix it. (Least at the moment...)

Thanks for dl and feedback I appreciate it!

1 month later
    #28 9 years ago

Working on an update and deciding to redo how profiles are done a bit. Instead of a list of profiles, instead there are a list of gradients which to match ranging from 4° to 8° in increments of 0.5°. You can add more values using the add button. To ensure these gradients can be matched properly there is a calibrate button to allow setting the horizontal and vertical tilt to zero when placed on a flat surface.

As for it not working I don't know why. I used the gravity sensor, maybe some devices don't support it for some reason. Might look into some other sensors as well - there is one for getting the rotation.

EDIT: Update released!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nottud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-leveller-android-app?tu=nottud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.