Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-06-13-20-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-06-13-21-33.png
    #1 10 years ago

Hi Pinsiders!

It's been hard to find time to work on the project between work and my baby but I finally got some spare time to put something together and wanted to show what I've got so far. It's far from done as I've been focusing on the features and not on the aesthetics yet. Couple screenshots:
    Screenshot_2014-02-06-13-20-51.pngScreenshot_2014-02-06-13-20-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-06-13-21-33.pngScreenshot_2014-02-06-13-21-33.png
    So far you can already:
    - Create profiles for your different machines.
    - Calibrate "ground truth" since every phone and case has different dimensions(some has the camera that pop out a bit, or weird shaped cases, etc.).
    - Set a desired angle on playfield for that machine.
    - Two sliders that represent both pitch and roll, this will be prettified to some more visual representation but for now they slide left and right and when they are both on 50(middle) it means it's spot on.

Still missing:
    - Persistent storage. I haven't set it up to output to a file yet.
    - Haven't done the glass part yet.
    - Still missing voice controls
    - Prettifying it! Icons, move layout around, etc. etc.

Hope I can find some time soon to continue on it. I'm also open to suggestions and of course I'll keep you posted on the progress!

#2 10 years ago

great app and looking foward it coming to an android near me!

#3 10 years ago

First off, thanks for working on this. I'm assuming you know about https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pinguy/id782973821 Might want to check it out for ideas. Versus that app, I really like how you have saved profiles for different machines. As you mention, a more visual representation of the pitch/roll is in order. Something to consider: the main pain of leveling machine is continually crawling out from under to check the level. If you can create some kind of audio feature that gives you feedback on the angles in real-time, it would save a lot of backs. Keep up the good work.

Jack

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

First off, thanks for working on this. I'm assuming you know about https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pinguy/id782973821 Might want to check it out for ideas. Versus that app, I really like how you have saved profiles for different machines. As you mention, a more visual representation of the pitch/roll is in order. Something to consider: the main pain of leveling machine is continually crawling out from under to check the level. If you can create some kind of audio feature that gives you feedback on the angles in real-time, it would save a lot of backs. Keep up the good work.

Jack

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah there's actually a thread on pinside about PinGuy(http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinguy-pinball-machine-leveling-app) and the author said he had no plans to port it to Android but there seemed to be demand for it so I decided to give it a go. I don't own any apple devices so I haven't been able to check their app out besides what you can see on the video demo.

This is really my first app for Android and been using it as a learning experience actually. I agree on the crawling out repeatedly issue and an intuitive audio feedback will be my main priority before releasing it.

#5 10 years ago

Great job!! So can we just go to the app. store and download it now? Whats the key words to look for it? Thanks for taking the time to do this, it will be a great tool for leveling.

#6 10 years ago

Thank you, looks very promising.

#7 10 years ago

Keep up the good work!

#8 10 years ago

Cool! I'm still having to look at a needle against a paper backdrop with numbers on it. It's 2014 for goodness sake!

#9 10 years ago

Can you put in an option to change how often the voice commands are spoken?

For example:

Time Interval: Every second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 60 seconds, etc...
    Only when leveling changes +/- .5°, +/-1°, etc...

#10 10 years ago

Thanks on behalf of us who prefer Android devices.
    We need more developers like you to step up on behalf of an alternative to what everyone else has.

#12 10 years ago

awesome can not wait till it is complete. this will come in handy. thank you for the work you put into this app!!!

#13 10 years ago

Are you going to have representations for each leg? One of the really nice things about the PinGuy app is the detail regarding which direction to move each leg versus just a general left / right is to high / low. Being able to set the device somewhere in the middle of the playfield and address all four legs is great.

#14 10 years ago

Would love to have the Play link when complete

#15 10 years ago

Could not find in the app store to download! Anything I'am doing wrong? I typed in the search--pinball machine leveling app.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Could not find in the app store to download! Anything I'am doing wrong? I typed in the search--pinball machine leveling app.

Yeah you're too early. I think he is currently just developing the app and hasn't finished it yet to put it on Google Play Store.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from karmalord:

Thanks on behalf of us who prefer Android devices.
    We need more developers like you to step up on behalf of an alternative to what everyone else has.

Thanks! I'm definitely an Android guy and hope after this project I can build on top of it to create more of like a "toolkit" for pinball owners, I saw this a while back(http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone2/index.html) and thought it would be cool to create a tool that has it all!

Quoted from schudel5:

Jeff_PHX_AZ said:

Yeah you're too early. I think he is currently just developing the app and hasn't finished it yet to put it on Google Play Store.

Yeah sorry it's still in the works but hope I get some time to work on it soon and will keep you posted.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Are you going to have representations for each leg?

Yeah definitely! that actually sounds really handy and didn't thought about it before

Thanks all for your support!

#18 10 years ago

Jormungardian, keep up the good work, I too prefer Android so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

#19 10 years ago

Will this have a built in level function? Something like this:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/level/id498652631?mt=8

I realize this is for iOS.

#20 10 years ago

Thanks for your efforts! Would Love to have it for my android. Can you make the voice sounds like pinbot? Ha...

2 weeks later
    #21 10 years ago

Any update on this for us android guys?

#22 10 years ago

no sorry, haven't had a chance to get back to it. Hopefully will have an update this week though!

#23 10 years ago

Jormungardian....gotta tell you...I think you would be surprised at the number of us that have favorited this topic...

Thanks for doing this... a round of applause to you sir!

#24 10 years ago

Yes, thanks in advance, just hadn't seen an update in a while so thought I would ask. Thanks for the response back as well, really appreciate that. I know this is not top priority and life is more important so totally understand.

2 weeks later
    #25 10 years ago

Any android news?

3 weeks later
    #26 10 years ago

Hi,
    I'm Frank, the author of pinguy (ios).

I want to inform you about that I try to port it to android too.

I will post updates in the original threat

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinguy-pinball-machine-leveling-app/page/3#

image.jpgimage.jpg
    4 months later
    #27 9 years ago

Just checking in to see if this app is available yet. I think it's long overdue to get this functionally on a droid.

Anything I can do to help?

#28 9 years ago

Im also interested for sure !

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-leveling-app-for-android and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.