(Topic ID: 47774)

Pinball Lessons - Hurry Slots Are Filling Up Fast! (POLL ADDED)

By LesManley

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 265 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this pinball lesson for hire CL post real?”

• Hell yes! Carl is a god among men & I would love a deli meat / Shasta fueled training session with Carl! 54 votes
    28%
  • Probably not. Carl's offer is like heaven on Earth and just seems too good to be true. 44 votes
    23%
  • Not sure...but regardless, I want to see what Patty J is all about! 95 votes
    49%

(Multiple choice - 193 votes by 184 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

907D364F-DB23-429B-8BA0-9BA72D11E5E8 (resized).png
D79E6586-B16E-4A6D-A7EC-367F826343BE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
7A7E21A2-1D7D-40C8-AD19-2A0EBB2DA43C (resized).jpeg
lessons (resized).JPG
food (resized).jpg
087B9A01-E567-4C8C-A79D-F49D16E053D8 (resized).jpeg
D5D0149B-7B5F-4CE3-95FF-283F92372F4C (resized).jpeg
ref-whistle-blow (resized).jpg
beach_party (resized).jpg
image.jpg
DSC09101.JPG
DSC09100.JPG
DSC09099.JPG
Sean Grant Teaches.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

Alright, thought I'd give y'all some fun tags to start with. If any thread deserved some funny tags other than DESW it is this one. Add to them. Nite nite gang.

#21 11 years ago

Love the tags ya'll added last night. Hysterical.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

It is fully possible that Carl is a member here. Wouldn't that be interesting?

He could be the father of the kid that was selling the DESW autographed machine.

Quoted from Stack15:

I figure it is fake. Know why? He says in the ad he has a son.

See my guess above. He could probably breed with a gal that could produce that kid. Think of all the humor and comedy gold that could spring forth from a connection between those two. Someone should respond to the add and ask him if he just got an AC/DC to "train" on.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It's too obvious it is fake. And with this much attention, the person will be smarter next time and actually look at the rankings and pretend to be someone else more provable the next time.

I think it is fake too . . . it is just too funny not to be, that said, a lot of "coaches" in various industry exaggerate their ranking or past rankings. Local tennis pros at various country clubs around the country will often say "yay, I was in the top 250 and moving up before my back problems forced me to stop playing and start coaching" . . . when you look them up you find out they never broke the top 1,000. Same with golf, bowling, and pool.

#83 11 years ago

Oh man, "roofies and shasta" . . . single funniest tag of all time.

#114 11 years ago

By the way, I just gotta ask because I laugh every time I think about it . . . do people really film each other bench pressing? Seriously?

Quoted from LesManley:

Shasta LE (limited to 50 each)

LMAO!

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Can we sponsor someone to go and represent pinside??.
This seems fantastic...

I would totally contribute a few bucks to this venture. Let's get a pinside guy to go in for the lesson and report back to us. Who all is close to this dude? AbicusMan?

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I would be in too. Whoever we sponsor can't fail though. Failure would mean death, so the sponsor would have to be prepared to meet their maker if they dont succeed. They need to get the hat for all of pin side. It would be the ultimate trophy. Hockey has the Stanley Cup, we would have the Carl Hat!

Whoever we send in for the lessons will need to wear a pen that records audio and pics. It could be the single most epic hour of humor we have all ever lived through. What pinsiders are near this cat that are willing to take one for the team?

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

However, taking Carl out may prove to be the ultimate challenge as the guy probably plays pinball 50 hours a week between pumping iron, drinking shasta and eating his sandwiches with Deli meats.

PDXMonkey is in Oregon . . . based on what fattrain posted regarding PDX "violating" his AC/DC I think that might be who we have to send in to take Carl down and snag the Slash hat.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Dmm55mm:

This could be really dangerous. Youve beat his high score on your second ball and he knows his hat is gone.
"Im gonna go get you guys some sandwich's made"
"Huh, thats weird. He didnt ask me what kind of deli meat I wa....
The pinball machine explodes and the hat is rigged to an Escape pod. You are either dead or missing limbs.

I tend to agree with this. Not only is Carl probably extremely good and will have the home field advantage . . . I think he would cheat to win to protect his prized possession. This is even more reason we need to covertly record this entire lesson and the tournament.

I can't believe we don't have a volunteer yet from Washington or Oregon to go take a lesson and then take on Carl head to head for the hat of destiny . . . I mean Slash's top hat.

2 weeks later
#156 10 years ago

probably a law and order epi

Hell yes! Love the bump!

Bump.jpgBump.jpg

2 weeks later
#180 10 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

I don't know how I missed this thread the first time. My type of humor for sure. Great stuff

Oh, this is without a doubt the best thread ever on pinside. Only the autographed DE SW thread where Ditto popped in and busted that kid even comes to close the epic comedy gold of this thread.

Also, very strangely, this thread has me really wanting to go out and buy Shasta sodas. I told my wife to pick some up next time she saw any. I think Shasta is the new official drink of pinball.

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
€ 24.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lessons-hurry-slots-are-filling-up-fast?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.