(Topic ID: 47774)

Pinball Lessons - Hurry Slots Are Filling Up Fast! (POLL ADDED)

By LesManley

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 265 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 79 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this pinball lesson for hire CL post real?”

• Hell yes! Carl is a god among men & I would love a deli meat / Shasta fueled training session with Carl! 54 votes
    28%
  • Probably not. Carl's offer is like heaven on Earth and just seems too good to be true. 44 votes
    23%
  • Not sure...but regardless, I want to see what Patty J is all about! 95 votes
    49%

(Multiple choice - 193 votes by 184 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

907D364F-DB23-429B-8BA0-9BA72D11E5E8 (resized).png
D79E6586-B16E-4A6D-A7EC-367F826343BE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
7A7E21A2-1D7D-40C8-AD19-2A0EBB2DA43C (resized).jpeg
lessons (resized).JPG
food (resized).jpg
087B9A01-E567-4C8C-A79D-F49D16E053D8 (resized).jpeg
D5D0149B-7B5F-4CE3-95FF-283F92372F4C (resized).jpeg
ref-whistle-blow (resized).jpg
beach_party (resized).jpg
image.jpg
DSC09101.JPG
DSC09100.JPG
DSC09099.JPG
Sean Grant Teaches.jpg
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 10 years ago

What this thread needs? More tags!

#152 10 years ago

I'm extremely glad this thread is still alive... It has brought me so much laughter.

#153 10 years ago

Carl? Is that you? Carl.JPGCarl.JPG

#154 10 years ago

I have a feeling this will eventually be made into a lifetime movie.

1 week later
#155 10 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

I have a feeling this will eventually be made into a lifetime movie.

probably a law and order epi

#156 10 years ago

probably a law and order epi

Hell yes! Love the bump!

Bump.jpgBump.jpg

#157 10 years ago

I want to know if the tournament happened - and what food was served - I am guessing sandwiches made from one of a choice of 3 deli meats + american cheese + Shasta (not Pepsi). Not catered - assembled by Carl's own hands.

Importantly I would like to know if Carl was able to retain possession of the prized Slash autographed Top Hat - and who ended up with the Bear Gryllis autographed DVDs. I don't care about the drink holders.

The Public deserves to know.

#158 10 years ago

^^ I want to know too. I have been scanning the headlines for any murder / disappearance stories just in case. Waiting on that Lifetime movie.

#159 10 years ago

BUMP-1.jpgBUMP-1.jpg

Long live Carl, long live the king!

#160 10 years ago

mike.jpgmike.jpg

1 week later
#161 10 years ago

OMG, Carl is such a scum bag! I did not lie, I told him I wasn't "into you" and his idea of playing with balls. I can't believe he posted that I'm a liar. Shasta and cheap meats? Really? Come on now that cheapskate I told him steak and Pepsi was more my style...it was in my profile on the site we met on and he can't say I lied. He is the liar here, he can't play with anything and get results *wink* *wink* I gave him more than one chance and now I find out he is dragging my good name through the mud. What a little perv! He better hope I don't tell his dad what he's up to this time.

#162 10 years ago

LMAO. Welcome to Pinside, PattyJ. We have heard much about you.

On the other hand, Carl completely left us all wondering how the big tournament turned out. I am left to conclude that he must have had a disaster - losing his prized autographed Slash hat in the competition and he is probably inconsolable ever since - fetal position in the corner.

#163 10 years ago

Wow...is that really you PattyJ? Would you be so kind to sign my Hardbody translite if I send it to you? I was going to sign up for Carl's tournament but I am scared to death of ferrets. I just have to get that dvd set of Bear Gryllis somehow. He is such a badass. I bet he could bench press a lot. He probably likes the root beer Shasta to. Just like me.

#164 10 years ago

Hey Hey! PattyJ!

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I have a feeling this guy might look something like this:

Did you steal that picture from my post on Reddit? Took that pic with my crappy camera on my phone.

#166 10 years ago

For those craving a Shasta beverage, Stater Bros. Supermarkets in the LA area have a good sale running right now. Stock up. Regular and diet flavors are on sale.

#167 10 years ago

I have tried to follow this thread, but I must have missed something. You all seem to have so much fun with this and I am like the kid standing outside the huddle, jumping up and down trying to see what's going on in there! Can I play guys?

#168 10 years ago

Patty...I am sorry things didnt work out with you and Carl. I must admit I have found myself smitten with you and think we would be a great couple. I know how to treat my ladies and serve only the finest RC Cola. Plus, since your a vegetarian now I can offer you some scrumptious tofu burgers. I live in the Midwest but I think you would like it here. I have a cool house with a pool. Well, its not exactly a pool as its for the cows to drink from. Sure does fit the bill on a hot day. I have a weight bench out by the shed and you could watch me bench press and maybe we could watch Bear Gryllis together. I could support us real nicely as I have a pacman on route at the local laundry mat. It pulls in a good profit when the teenagers dont break into it. I hope you feel like I do and if you do please let me know.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I could support us real nicely as I have a pacman on route at the local laundry mat. It pulls in a good profit when the teenagers dont break into it.

HAHA! Thanks for the laugh!

#170 10 years ago

Patty J,

if you could post your pic to the group, that might answer some questions this group has. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for anyone, but as I thought about what you may look like the other day, gif below came to mind. Oh and I agree you did a good job dumping that loser. He shoulda put a ring on it when he had the buffet out and shasta was flowing freely.

DDS38-Horny_72989.1302503766.160.160.jpgDDS38-Horny_72989.1302503766.160.160.jpg

#171 10 years ago

Pretty sure Patty J is the one that escaped the dungeon...

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Patty...I am sorry things didnt work out with you and Carl. I must admit I have found myself smitten with you and think we would be a great couple. I know how to treat my ladies and serve only the finest RC Cola. Plus, since your a vegetarian now I can offer you some scrumptious tofu burgers. I live in the Midwest but I think you would like it here. I have a cool house with a pool. Well, its not exactly a pool as its for the cows to drink from. Sure does fit the bill on a hot day. I have a weight bench out by the shed and you could watch me bench press and maybe we could watch Bear Gryllis together. I could support us real nicely as I have a pacman on route at the local laundry mat. It pulls in a good profit when the teenagers dont break into it. I hope you feel like I do and if you do please let me know.

You sure do sound nice Silverballer, but I have to warn you I’m a little skittish now about meeting men after Carl has ruined my good name. I even got fired from my job at Subway because a piece of ham looked just like Carl and I had a panic attack and threw all the ham into the alley and the homeless guys stole it. I’m just sick about it as that was my dream job and it took me weeks to figure out all the bread options and now it’s all for nothing. How is it my fault I didn’t tell them to take it? I’m thinking of seeing a lawyer about that. I heard there was a few on Pinside. At least you have your Pacman money to fall back on, I wish I was so lucky.

I really do fancy me a man that knows how to handle his pinballs and you have a cow pool too…sweet, real sweet. Carl and his dad told me they had a “pool” but it really was just a big piece of plastic that blew over from the neighbors house in a big storm and got caught on their clothesline and they took it down and sprayed it with water and canola oil and wanted me to “go swimming” with them. It wasn’t as much fun as you would think (especially after a few warm Shasta’s).

Oh, and a warning for all you ladies out there – don’t trust Carl’s dad or his brother Charlie B. They both hit on my good friend Lucy K and Charlie has a weird thing about vegetables that I still haven’t got all the details from Lucy yet.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from PennSkier:

LMAO. Welcome to Pinside, PattyJ. We have heard much about you.
On the other hand, Carl completely left us all wondering how the big tournament turned out. I am left to conclude that he must have had a disaster - losing his prized autographed Slash hat in the competition and he is probably inconsolable ever since - fetal position in the corner.

Oh, that tournament didn't go well at all for Carl. A couple of ringers showed up and won everything. He then had a huge hissy fit and almost got a beat down before his step mom got there and broke it up. That's all I know since Carl unfriended me on Facebook.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Pretty sure Patty J is the one that escaped the dungeon...

Oh yeah, there is a long back story on this. I was lucky I had a hidden key. :shudder:

#175 10 years ago

Patty,
if you could post your pic to the group, that might answer some questions this group has. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking or anyone, but as I thought about what you may look like the other day, gif below came to mind. Oh and I agree you did a good job dumping that loser. He shoulda put a ring on it when he had the buffet out and shasta was flowing freely.

As you can imagine I don't want to post my pic online again for awhile. But this picture will give you a pretty good idea of how the buffet went.

Patty_at_Carls_house.JPGPatty_at_Carls_house.JPG

#176 10 years ago

Did he even say what pinball machines he has? Anything good? There are only few really good players in Spokane. My Twilight Zone still has their high scores on it.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Steverd:

Did he even say what pinball machines he has? Anything good? There are only few really good players in Spokane. My Twilight Zone still has their high scores on it.

I think the consensus was Hard Bodies, Playboy and Sexy Girl. Might have a Raven too.

#178 10 years ago

I think I just wet my pants reading this. OMG how funny.

#179 10 years ago

I don't know how I missed this thread the first time. My type of humor for sure. Great stuff

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

I don't know how I missed this thread the first time. My type of humor for sure. Great stuff

Oh, this is without a doubt the best thread ever on pinside. Only the autographed DE SW thread where Ditto popped in and busted that kid even comes to close the epic comedy gold of this thread.

Also, very strangely, this thread has me really wanting to go out and buy Shasta sodas. I told my wife to pick some up next time she saw any. I think Shasta is the new official drink of pinball.

#181 10 years ago

lmao.... Jasper Fent

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

lmao.... Jasper Fent

Oh, wow do you know Jasper too? I met him at Carl’s first tournament, and when he almost won Carl’s signed top hat Carl lost it and pouted like a baby the rest of the night. That turned out ok cuz he gave me a ride home. Carl was really upset and in no condition to take me home so Jasper stepped up to take care of business. I’m pretty sure this is why Carl is mad at me as he thought Jasp (my pet name for him) and I “had relations”.

As it turned out, Jasp was allergic to ferret fur and the diet Shasta upset his stomach, so there was no mo party left in him that night. Just saying. I’m pretty sure he comes on Pinside sometimes and I’m pretty sure it was his doing that brought the ringers in to win Carl’s stuff. I heard they are going to make a shrine of some sort with the loot.

#183 10 years ago

Glad I finally read this great thread. I would love to think this is legit! Daniel Tosh needs to get this Carl fellow on his show for a web redemption. The skit writes itself!

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I think I just wet my pants reading this. OMG how funny.

You think? You're not sure? Maybe just a dribble?

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I think the consensus was Hard Bodies, Playboy and Sexy Girl. Might have a Raven too.

Raven?! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! I hope Carl doesn't have the alternate Translite, be a shame to sully that pin.

#186 10 years ago

Damn, I really wish I had the time and energy to troll again. Great posts here.

#187 10 years ago

This thread is making me want to write again. I wrote this book a few years back:

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#188 10 years ago

Somewhere on a desolate mountaintop, Bear Gryllis is smiling over All This.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

This thread is making me want to write again. I wrote this book a few years back:

Come on man, did you just try to secretly pimp your books?

Oh please let this ad be real, and please let a pinsider go to one of these trainings.

I'll provide a button camera if you are willing to wear it.

3 weeks later
8 months later
#191 10 years ago

bump. just because its so dam funny.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

bump. just because its so dam funny.

Great bump MrGone. Patty J has quickly become one of my favorite pinsiders. Its too bad she works so many jobs dealing with the financial issues Carl dealt her. Hopefully she can get to a better place and enjoy more pinball time with us.

Maybe we should have a kickstarter for her.

#193 10 years ago

I love that this came back. It is so legendary, long live Patty J! I'm just sad that the laundry list of tags got deleted from the thread. Those were entertainment in themselves.

#194 10 years ago

I can't even look at Shasta soda without thinking" 3 kinds of deli meat and American cheese"
We should have the Shasta award given out every year for the funniest thread.

#195 10 years ago

I wonder if TigerLaw still has some Shasta left over from that Shasta binge he went on in 2013?

TL-Shasta_binge-2013.jpgTL-Shasta_binge-2013.jpg

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I wonder if TigerLaw still has some Shasta left over from that Shasta binge he went on in 2013?

The AoD, lost forever.....

2 months later
#197 9 years ago

Holy crap... Shasta boy is back...This time with Steak-ums! (Dwarves need not apply.)

spokane.craigslist.org link

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Holy crap... Shasta boy is back...This time with Steak-ums! (Dwarves need not apply.)
spokane.craigslist.org link

Sadly I fear that is an impostor Carl. Comparing the misspellings and phrasings from his original ad, I highly doubt this is truly him.

#199 9 years ago

Dang.... I thought it was too good to be true. The dwarf angle had me suspicious.

Anyone in the Spokane area want to give it a try?

#200 9 years ago

Hurry, pinball sluts are filling up !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lessons-hurry-slots-are-filling-up-fast/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.