(Topic ID: 47774)

Pinball Lessons - Hurry Slots Are Filling Up Fast! (POLL ADDED)

By LesManley

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 265 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this pinball lesson for hire CL post real?”

• Hell yes! Carl is a god among men & I would love a deli meat / Shasta fueled training session with Carl! 54 votes
    28%
  • Probably not. Carl's offer is like heaven on Earth and just seems too good to be true. 44 votes
    23%
  • Not sure...but regardless, I want to see what Patty J is all about! 95 votes
    49%

(Multiple choice - 193 votes by 184 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

907D364F-DB23-429B-8BA0-9BA72D11E5E8 (resized).png
D79E6586-B16E-4A6D-A7EC-367F826343BE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
7A7E21A2-1D7D-40C8-AD19-2A0EBB2DA43C (resized).jpeg
lessons (resized).JPG
food (resized).jpg
087B9A01-E567-4C8C-A79D-F49D16E053D8 (resized).jpeg
D5D0149B-7B5F-4CE3-95FF-283F92372F4C (resized).jpeg
ref-whistle-blow (resized).jpg
beach_party (resized).jpg
image.jpg
DSC09101.JPG
DSC09100.JPG
DSC09099.JPG
Sean Grant Teaches.jpg
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 10 years ago

TAGS
$50 Make You Holla!
Autographed Carl Hardbody
Best Spent $50? Pinball Or Patty J
Breathing Techniques
CANNA BROTHA GETTA SHASTA
Carl's Son Hogged All The Pepsi
Carls Jr. Founder Moonlighting
Cheese
Creepy Dude Not Allowed Around Minors
Deli Meats
Do You Know Jeff?
Don't Eat The Sandwich!
Extreme CoachingFilm At 11:00
Filming A Dude Bench PressingFilming Jeff
FS: Diner With Onion Loaf Topper
George Lucas Signed My Meat
Have Salami - Will Travel (For An Extra $25)
Heavy Breathing With My Meat
Here We Go With The Tags Again!
Hey Kid...Wanna Shasta?
HO Hey...Patty J
I Must Break You
I Want My $50!
I'd Rather Go To Subway
I'm The Next Best Thing!
Jeff Broke VCR With Flying Dumbbell
Jeff Does 12 Oz Curls With Shasta
Jeff Kills Carls Gerbil - An In-Depth Look
Jeff Pumps My Meat
Jeff Wantz To Pump...You Up
Lamaze Pinball...Who Knew?!?
LesManley Teaches Patty J Thing Or TwoLessonsMan With Big Salami Teaches
PinballMénage A Tois With Jeff And Carl's Mom
Minors Banned - Carl Must Not Be A Priest
Mystery Meats
Naked
Hairy Pirate Hookers
No Fear In This Dojo!
No Mercy In This Dojo!
No Miners Or Liars Allowed!
NO PEPSI FOR YOU
No Underground Workers Allowed At Lessons
No Woman Allowed
Pat My J
Patent-Pending Breathing Technique
Patty J
Patty J Why I Became A Vegetarian
Patty J Loved My Meat
Patty J Ran Off With Winston McGillicutty
Patty J Said She Loved Me
Patty J Took It In The Shasta
Pinball Experteese Training
Pinball Lessons And Autographs.
Possible Relative To DESW Kid
Roofies And Shasta
Salami And Balls
Salami FlippersShasta
Shasta And Pinball = Heaven
Single Women Love Lunch Meat Too
This Is A Karate Dojo Not A Nitting Class
True Life Stories Of Pinball GrandMasters
Unaccompanied Women Will Be Slapped With Meat
Women Can Vote But Banned From Pinball. News At 11

Copied and pasted the tags since there is a possibility an overzealous mod may delete them.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

TAGS
$50 Make You Holla!
Autographed Carl Hardbody
Best Spent $50? Pinball Or Patty J
Breathing Techniques
CANNA BROTHA GETTA SHASTA
Carl's Son Hogged All The Pepsi
Carls Jr. Founder Moonlighting
Cheese
Creepy Dude Not Allowed Around Minors
Deli Meats
Do You Know Jeff?
Don't Eat The Sandwich!
Extreme CoachingFilm At 11:00
Filming A Dude Bench PressingFilming Jeff
FS: Diner With Onion Loaf Topper
George Lucas Signed My Meat
Have Salami - Will Travel (For An Extra $25)
Heavy Breathing With My Meat
Here We Go With The Tags Again!
Hey Kid...Wanna Shasta?
HO Hey...Patty J
I Must Break You
I Want My $50!
I'd Rather Go To Subway
I'm The Next Best Thing!
Jeff Broke VCR With Flying Dumbbell
Jeff Does 12 Oz Curls With Shasta
Jeff Kills Carls Gerbil - An In-Depth Look
Jeff Pumps My Meat
Jeff Wantz To Pump...You Up
Lamaze Pinball...Who Knew?!?
LesManley Teaches Patty J Thing Or TwoLessonsMan With Big Salami Teaches
PinballMénage A Tois With Jeff And Carl's Mom
Minors Banned - Carl Must Not Be A Priest
Mystery Meats
Naked
Hairy Pirate Hookers
No Fear In This Dojo!
No Mercy In This Dojo!
No Miners Or Liars Allowed!
NO PEPSI FOR YOU
No Underground Workers Allowed At Lessons
No Woman Allowed
Pat My J
Patent-Pending Breathing Technique
Patty J
Patty J Why I Became A Vegetarian
Patty J Loved My Meat
Patty J Ran Off With Winston McGillicutty
Patty J Said She Loved Me
Patty J Took It In The Shasta
Pinball Experteese Training
Pinball Lessons And Autographs.
Possible Relative To DESW Kid
Roofies And Shasta
Salami And Balls
Salami FlippersShasta
Shasta And Pinball = Heaven
Single Women Love Lunch Meat Too
This Is A Karate Dojo Not A Nitting Class
True Life Stories Of Pinball GrandMasters
Unaccompanied Women Will Be Slapped With Meat
Women Can Vote But Banned From Pinball. News At 11
Copied and pasted the tags since there is a possibility an overzealous mod may delete them.

For a second I thought you re-typed all those. What if an overzealous mod deletes them and then deletes your post too?

#103 10 years ago

Quick, someone take a photo and save on their computer!

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh man, "roofies and shasta" . . . single funniest tag of all time.

thank you.

#105 10 years ago

Everyone needs to visit the CL ad and hit the 'best of CL' button. That ad is genius!

#106 10 years ago

I hit the best of CL for this ad also.

#107 10 years ago

when reading the tags I had to lie down on the couch I was laughing so hard. thread of the year!

#108 10 years ago

Caterpillar cuts outlook due to weak mining sales:

http://news.yahoo.com/caterpillar-inc-misses-cuts-outlook-weak-mining-sales-120215110--sector.html

Could this have something to do with Carl not giving giving pinball lessons to miners? Is it because he knows their business slumping and he doesn't think they will pay? Or could this be why the mining business is slumping... because they can't get pinball lessons?

#109 10 years ago

Please watch this before accepting his shasta....

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Please watch this before accepting his shasta....
» YouTube video

So that's how Carl gets you. Lures you in with promises of pinball greatness and deli meat, then BLAM, knocks you out cold with a Shasta. Who knows what unspeakable horrors Patty J had to go through.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

So that's how Carl gets you. Lures you in with promises of pinball greatness and deli meat, then BLAM, knocks you out cold with a Shasta. Who knows what unspeakable horrors Patty J had to go through.

well, he HAS refined his technique now with roofies, but in a pinch, this is a possible backup plan.

#112 10 years ago

This should be a theme of Stern's next machine. Would you buy it? What would the official title be? Tons of modes.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This should be a theme of Stern's next machine. Would you buy it? What would the official title be? Tons of modes.

Pro, Premium, Liar Patty J LE and Shasta LE (limited to 50 each)

#114 10 years ago

By the way, I just gotta ask because I laugh every time I think about it . . . do people really film each other bench pressing? Seriously?

Quoted from LesManley:

Shasta LE (limited to 50 each)

LMAO!

#115 10 years ago

Stern: Where will you be playing pinball this weekend?
Me: With carl, he's a gonna teech me hows 2 play sum good pinballs! Shasta included!

#116 10 years ago

This topic is making me hungry.

Think its time for a sandwich and a Shasta while watching a little bit of " My Name is Earl" on the TV.

#117 10 years ago

Ok, this is my vote for most entertaining CL ad ever.

#118 10 years ago

Mmmmmm..... Shasta!! This is comedic gold...

#119 10 years ago

I printed out the original CL ad and it is now making the rounds at my office.

There is either laughter (cool people) or stern/serious "I don't get it" reactions (from the humorless drones).

No one has expressed an interest in enrolling in this valuable curriculum.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from PennSkier:

No one has expressed an interest in enrolling in this valuable curriculum.

Not to your face.

#121 10 years ago

The non-believers have taken the lead in the poll, 22-21 votes. Patty J is of course holding her own and leading the pack. Carl believers around the world need to unite and vote YES!

votecarlnow.gifvotecarlnow.gif

#122 10 years ago

Just (finally!) read this whole thread! Gold!!

Moving-picture-treasure-chest-with-shi.gifMoving-picture-treasure-chest-with-shi.gif

#123 10 years ago

Don't suppose anyone heard from Carl? Ad is still up, but no response. Bummer.

#124 10 years ago

Ahhh, so this is where all the missing tags went.

#125 10 years ago

Here is a reply from Carl...? Beware of ferrets!

spokane.craigslist.org link

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from kungfucop:

Here is a reply from Carl...? Beware of ferrets!

FYI in case it gets removed:

update: so i have got many emails regarding lessons and I have 8 out of 10 slots filled. I have also got emails from people who just want to play my games without the lesson and that is fine. so i have decided to host a tournament at my place(20 dollar buy in) the tournament will take place at the end of my lesson program with paying clients. there will be a tournament for my students in which the winner will have a choice from 3 different prizes. every year i put up my replica top hat signed by Slash on the appetite for destruction tour. I always win it back so thats why i put it up (last year Jasper Fent got really close though) I also have a Man in Wild dvd box set signed by Bear Gryles and a really nice condition snap-on cooler with 3 brand new coozies. 1st, 2nd and 3rd will have first choice. then i will have a tournament for non students in which cash will be the prize for 1st and second(depending on participants) food will be provided by me with no additional charge. also i do have ferrets just to let you know (this was a deal breaker for one preceptive client, so if you cant handle them maybe not the place for you) lessons have started and theirs 2 slots left. the tourney will be a great chance to meet other friends that are into pinball. should be a great time.

#127 10 years ago

I actually do wish I was closer!!

#128 10 years ago

I have no comment, just laughter!

#129 10 years ago

I've been dreaming of Shasta and Cheeze Whiz. Help me.

#130 10 years ago

Can we sponsor someone to go and represent pinside??.

This seems fantastic...

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I've been dreaming of Shasta and Cheeze Whiz. Help me.

I don't know if there is any help for you, but at least you're not dreaming of Jeff bench pressing naked while Carl films it and Patty J is standing in the corner in her underwear eating a sandwich and drinking Shasta, while Carl's son is chasing ferrets with a Pepsi in both hands! All the while some miner is trying to learn how to play pinball while breathing hard and Carl's mom is watching Judge Judy on tape.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

This seems fantastic...

I'm still thinking this Carl guy must be a member here. He owns pinball machines and has an internet connection right?

#133 10 years ago

The thread that just keeps on giving.

#134 10 years ago

Clearly the autographed Slash Top Hat replica is out of play since Carl always wins it back for himself - so I assume this tournament will be no different.

The rest of us are vying for the Bear Gryllis autographed DVD set and the brand new snap-on coozies (WTF). LOL

#135 10 years ago

What can we say?..........Carl's the man!!!

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from PennSkier:

Clearly the autographed Slash Top Hat replica is out of play since Carl always wins it back for himself - so I assume this tournament will be no different.
The rest of us are vying for the Bear Gryllis autographed DVD set and the brand new snap-on coozies (WTF). LOL

I don't know. Sounds like Jasper could take the champ out, but we cant bank on it. We should sponsor a pinsider to enter this Kumite and see if they can dethrone Chong Li, I mean Carl, and bring the replica hat back to pin side where it can be displayed in all its glory.

#137 10 years ago

lolllllll, this thread and those tags = gold.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So I just emailed him...
Hello Carl,
I am interested in your pinball lessons. $50 seems like a steal for learning all of the stuff on that page. I notice when playing that my breathing gets rather erratic so I am thrilled that you can teach me your paten-pending regimen. I do have a few questions though.
What machines do you have? I would like to learn on a wide variety of games so that I can better hone my skills.
What flavor Shasta do you have? I am pretty simple to please with flavors of soda just want to make sure that I do not need to bring any. I get quite sweaty when playing pinball and want to make sure I stay well hydrated.
What lunch meet and cheeses do you have? Again I am not picky just curious, If you have something like bologna, salami, and ham that is great but if you have something like pimento loaf, head cheese, or liverwurst then I would prefer to bring my own. Same thing goes with cheeses, the typical are ok (though not a huge fan of swiss) but if it is limburger then I am afraid I would have to again bring my own (need to stay fresh for the ladies, ya know what I mean!). No issues, just wondering.
What shows do your mom and Jeff watch? I may be interested in watching with them as I just moved to the area and am looking for things to do. I could of course pay extra for this!
Is the weight bench off limits? Again, I just moved here and need a gym and would rather give my money to a fellow pinball enthusiast than some random gym owner to buy steroids.
I think this could be a great arrangement, even if it is just for pinball. I could see taking lessons from you for a long time.
Thank you!
Jim

Ever hear back from Carl? Me and Tiger could sure use some ice cold Shasta!

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

This seems fantastic...

I would totally contribute a few bucks to this venture. Let's get a pinside guy to go in for the lesson and report back to us. Who all is close to this dude? AbicusMan?

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would totally contribute a few bucks to this venture. Let's get a pinside guy to go in for the lesson and report back to us. Who all is close to this dude? AbicusMan?

I would be in too. Whoever we sponsor can't fail though. Failure would mean death, so the sponsor would have to be prepared to meet their maker if they dont succeed. They need to get the hat for all of pin side. It would be the ultimate trophy. Hockey has the Stanley Cup, we would have the Carl Hat!

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

(due to past issues with a liar named Patty J.)

(the pepsi products are for my son and me) "

#142 10 years ago

Just think of the money AXL ROSE would pay for a signed SLASH HAT that he could burn. Would make a good topper for a GNR machine though. However, taking Carl out may prove to be the ultimate challenge as the guy probably plays pinball 50 hours a week between pumping iron, drinking shasta and eating his sandwiches with Deli meats.

Maybe we can franchise this idea out.....sounds like a can't miss maybe even make it an IPO and all Pinsiders can make some spare change and fund every future LE purchase. Sure people never thought STARBUCKS would be a huge hit so you never know how many lonely woman are just looking for some "private pinball lessons"....

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I would be in too. Whoever we sponsor can't fail though. Failure would mean death, so the sponsor would have to be prepared to meet their maker if they dont succeed. They need to get the hat for all of pin side. It would be the ultimate trophy. Hockey has the Stanley Cup, we would have the Carl Hat!

Whoever we send in for the lessons will need to wear a pen that records audio and pics. It could be the single most epic hour of humor we have all ever lived through. What pinsiders are near this cat that are willing to take one for the team?

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

However, taking Carl out may prove to be the ultimate challenge as the guy probably plays pinball 50 hours a week between pumping iron, drinking shasta and eating his sandwiches with Deli meats.

PDXMonkey is in Oregon . . . based on what fattrain posted regarding PDX "violating" his AC/DC I think that might be who we have to send in to take Carl down and snag the Slash hat.

#145 10 years ago

Count me in for a contribution. However, I am sure this guy has "home field advantage"...unleveled games, tilt adjusted, etc. I doubt he plays fair and probably even if we beat him he would want to double up and have a weight lifting contest double or nothing. So we better sound someone who can first beat him at pinball and then be able to pump some iron when good ole Carl goes that route. He isn't giving up that Slash hat easily.....sounds like his prized possession !!

#146 10 years ago

I think this is Carls teaching technique.......its all in the hip thrusts

#147 10 years ago

This could be really dangerous. Youve beat his high score on your second ball and he knows his hat is gone.

"Im gonna go get you guys some sandwich's made"

"Huh, thats weird. He didnt ask me what kind of deli meat I wa....

The pinball machine explodes and the hat is rigged to an escape pod. You are either dead or missing limbs.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Dmm55mm:

This could be really dangerous. Youve beat his high score on your second ball and he knows his hat is gone.
"Im gonna go get you guys some sandwich's made"
"Huh, thats weird. He didnt ask me what kind of deli meat I wa....
The pinball machine explodes and the hat is rigged to an Escape pod. You are either dead or missing limbs.

I tend to agree with this. Not only is Carl probably extremely good and will have the home field advantage . . . I think he would cheat to win to protect his prized possession. This is even more reason we need to covertly record this entire lesson and the tournament.

I can't believe we don't have a volunteer yet from Washington or Oregon to go take a lesson and then take on Carl head to head for the hat of destiny . . . I mean Slash's top hat.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from detroit_pinball:

I think this is Carls teaching technique.......its all in the hip thrusts
» YouTube video

This would probably be closer to Carl's technique:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VvSvD7AKeyQ?autoplay=1&rel=0

And then finish off a with sandwich and a little:

#150 10 years ago

Lets face it the guy would protect his autographed Slash hat probably with his life.

Lets think about this for a minute. Lets assume he is the real deal (unlikely but lets just go under that assumption). Anyone paying for lessons probably is a really rotten player (like me). If Carl really is "pretty good" he knows that the chances of any player with a few lessons of "taking him out" is minimal. So this is what they call a "slam dunk". Kinda like Michael Jordan teaching me how to shoot and offering me his home if I beat him 1 on 1.

So really if this is the real deal we have to attack this in two ways. Carl would spot a ringer a mile away. So this is going to have to be the PAUL NEWMAN "hussle" like in the movie with Tom Cruise (when Tom was a pool player). The guy we send in is going to have to really act like he is bad. Carl isn't risking his "prized possession" if he feels there is any risk. So we not only need the guy to be a good pinball player but he has to know how to "hussle" and like I said earlier lifting weights would be an added bonus for when Carl loses and says "how about double or nothing in the weight room". So we need a "triple threat" type of well rounded individual to take Carls prized possession....probably 2 or 3 outside in the car for when our "champ" comes running out after our guy with Carl in hot pursuit !! He isn't letting go of Slash's hat easily.

I believe we need a committee formed ASAP. Personally, I believe it was easier to defeat the Germans during the World War then it will be to get Carl's hat. However, the prize will be worth it. My only concern is what Carl might do to himself if he loses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lessons-hurry-slots-are-filling-up-fast/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.