(Topic ID: 241506)

Pinball lease? Would you see a value in this direction in the future?

By Yelobird

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
    LG8hcp (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm probably the wrong guy to answer, because I would never lease a car. (Though I looked it up and it seems as though about 1/3 of cars are leased these days...which is much higher than I would have guessed).
    Leasing is, of course, *more* expensive...even though it's disguised as something that saves you money.

Not necessarily if you do your homework and win the bet on the residual, or buy out a favorable lease when it is over. Or if you are the kind of person who buys a new car every 3 years and lives in a high tax state. You pay all the sales tax up front on a buy, and you only pay sales tax on the monthly payment amount on a lease.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Though I do think there may be some potential solution that makes sense for some, the example OP gives I think won’t work.
    No one is going to spend $2900 for a year of a pinball rental. At the end of the year, you have no pinball machine and no $2900. Instead if that person bought a $2900 game, in a year they have a choice of keeping the game or selling, probably for what they paid.
    Similarly, if someone could afford to save more and buy a NIB Pro, in a year, they still have a game or can sell for $400 less than what they paid ($800 if it’s called Munsters).
    In the example, there’s just too much loss at the end of year. That would have to be improved. Those who don’t have as much money will seek alternative ownership options with better end results. Those more affluent won’t need this service anyways as they just buy NIB.

Bingo, how many $2800 year old Deadpools are you seeing out there for sale?

#23 4 years ago

All the old head arcade owners say Betson was mob-run with mob-like financing rates. FWIW, Joe at Pinball Star is supposed to have a fairly reasonable financing partner. Financing toys is no bueno for me, but if you can make it work for you...more power to you.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

With a trade in MD, you only pay tax on the difference between the 2 cars - so it's the same thing

Add that to the list of things Maryland does better than PA. I am really starting to hate it here at times. MD has mandatory sick days and insurance for certain industry workers (healthcare, teachers) as well. Better pay and COL in certain areas compared to southcentral PA as well. Their gun laws are still shit though. But I digress, back on topic.

If pinball leases more closely matched what an auto lease did in terms of residual after the term being somewhat close to actual value, I can see the idea having some merit.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #48 4 years ago

Just do what the buy here pay here car places do...wire in a GPS transponder in a discrete manner. You can even shut the machine down remotely if they don't make their payment.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lease-would-you-see-a-value-in-this-direction-in-the-future?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.