Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6097.jpg
    IMG_6189.jpg
    IMG_6142.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Hey Pinside,

As some of you know, I am a hobby operator here in Minnesota. We started leagues last summer at my location and quickly learned how much work can go into league management and points. I was using a spreadsheet with another friend and we just thought that there has to be a better way. We found out that there wasn't anything out there to help make this easier. This January another league player and I decided to write out own.

We have been working on it the past few months and have been using it in our Winter 2015 league and its been a HUGE improvement. There is no paperwork to do, no scores to enter from someones chicken scratch.

We plan to launch later this year but would like to find some leagues interested in BETA Testing.

How it works:
    The portal contains an instance of our software. We have been building rules and points options for setup.

Each group enters their groups scores on their smartphone. and they are submitted. We have options for two step verification and photo verification as needed.

The software does the rest. All scores, averages, group sorting is done instantly. League Admins have the ability to check players in as they arrive, have notes for the week/session, track league fee payments, and has a balance sheet to show where funds have been spent. You also set the games you are playing for the week.

The best part of our software is the player profile that it creates. It logs all your rated scores, positions, high games, low games per league and even by game. As more leagues join, more cool data like whats the highest rated game on Fish Tales or Walking Dead or the location with the highest games?

If you run a league and are interested in using our software, send me a PM. We would love to get more rules and point options entered into our system before we launch to the public.

Happy Flipping!

Tony
    East Side Pinball

IMG_6142.jpgIMG_6142.jpg
    IMG_6097.jpgIMG_6097.jpg
    IMG_6189.jpgIMG_6189.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Nice, looks very promising!

#3 9 years ago

Looks awesome would love this for our league!!!

#4 9 years ago

cool

#5 9 years ago

Thanks for all the enquiries. If any other league would like to go on beta, please feel free to message me.

#6 9 years ago

so is this something you are going to sell/share or do a SAAS model?

#7 9 years ago

We don't plan on charging. We may ask for donations if we get past our current hardware/bandwidth.

#8 9 years ago

Congrats and thanks for offering to share.
    Looks great... I would love to test this system for our local league.

#9 9 years ago

Any support for IFPA points?

Is there support for multiple league types or custom rules? Pingolf, etc.

#10 9 years ago

I would like to speak to Chris Frame about his 300m score on Fishtales please. Would really like to know his average.

#11 9 years ago

Looks great! There is another solution out there made by the guy who runs the FSPA and is actually hosted on PAPAs website. We just got set up on there.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I would like to speak to Chris Frame about his 300m score on Fishtales please. Would really like to know his average.

What about Ben Granger's 421 million on Fish Tales in the same group? Our league group is tough. I put up 213 million on Fish Tales two weeks ago in league and came in last on it in our group of 4.

On a more related note, the software is amazing. So automated and instant. I love it. It's app based so you can do and view everything right off your phone. You can also slice and dice the info tons of ways to see score averages and more in different leagues and across different games. There is support for other tournament formats and Tony has been adding them as we bring them up to him. It has really helped streamline our league and I know they are working to integrate it with the IFPA automatically as well.

#13 9 years ago

I may ask about the software here soon. We have a barcade opening soon and I am in the running to be a tech. Will help out with league nights as well.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Looks great! There is another solution out there made by the guy who runs the FSPA and is actually hosted on PAPAs website. We just got set up on there.

Since you mentioned it, FSPA software runs 22 different leagues. It has recently been re-written (not by me) to ver 2 and is flexible to support different league rules.

#15 9 years ago

Thanks for all the enquiries. I will get replies back to all of you who have PMd me this week.

#16 9 years ago

Yes but they don't allow private leagues to use that software that's on PAPA's site. (I've tried by asking nicely to no avail)

I run an all Classics old school league for 16 guys. Every other week, we hit one of 4 different home arcades. Last Season we played 42 different titles from the 1971 - 1985 years all in very good to fully restored shape. This coming season we will be adding a 5th home collection specializing in early 80's Gottliebs. This will be fun as it will add a new flavor as we have been playing mostly Bally and classic Stern pins as well as a handful of Gottlieb EMs up until this coming season.

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from aobrien5:

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-league-software-coming-soon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.