(Topic ID: 9098)

Pinball League? How to?

By mojozone

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

i got a couple of my friends hooked on the silverball. and i thought it would be cool to see if we could arrange a pinball league of sorts, I just dont know where to start. What is the scoreing system, How many peeps do i need. that kind of stuff. Anybody in one, or have done one before that can give me some insight. thanks guys. ~MoJo

#2 12 years ago

I have a couple sets of rules, send me an email and you can look them over.

[email protected]

#3 12 years ago

Thanks Tom!

#4 12 years ago

No prob, I sent the 2 rules sets I have...good luck

#5 12 years ago

Hey Mojo.

Good on ya for doing this. It really only takes one or two guys to get it up and running. I started one last year (www.sapp.ca) for our area, and we already have 18 paid members, with 28 members total, all through word of mouth (growing every month). Tournaments every month, meet and greets (drink beer and play pinball) and the low down on local pinball deals.

Tons of fun, you can't go wrong! We are hoping to send a rep to PAPA next year.

#6 12 years ago

If you're a member of a pinball club like I am, does that still count?

#7 12 years ago

great info, thanks!

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

i got a couple of my friends hooked on the silverball. and i thought it would be cool to see if we could arrange a pinball league of sorts, I just dont know where to start. What is the scoreing system, How many peeps do i need. that kind of stuff. Anybody in one, or have done one before that can give me some insight. thanks guys. ~MoJo

Check this website out Mojo....

http://www.fspazone.org/

It's a pinball league I am in that's located in the MD/DC/VA area. Maybe it can give you some ideas. The scoring system is pretty simple and we are put into lettered groups depending on our scoring at the end of each week. Everyone still puts 50 cents into the machines per play....groups of 4 taking turns..we play 4 machines each week. They give away 1 table a year to a 1 lucky lottery winner. It's $5 a day to play ($7 total with quarters in each machine)....and you can even preplay if you know that you may be out of town for a week. After a group has finished playing and getting there scores on a table....the player with the lowest score gets first choice on his/her starting position on the next table...and so on. This can actually be an advantage on some tables like Dr. Who....so that works well.

#9 12 years ago

I started a league back in October with ten of my non-pinball owning friends as something to do between golf seasons. I'm using Tom's format and it's working well. Three of the guys are now interested in getting into the hobby!

Good times.

#10 12 years ago

Tom can I get the rules? I'll send an e-mail. Thanks,

Bill

#11 12 years ago

Done..

#12 12 years ago

This is awesome! Another group of pinheads on the map! Go for it!

kwiKimart: I don't see why not. Plenty of people here in Seattle belong to the Vancouver Regional Pinball Association in Vancouver, BC and/or Crazy Flipper Fingers in PDX as well as the Seattle Pinball League.

smokedog: 18? That's a good size group there!

#13 12 years ago

I tried once but couldn't get enough interest. I may try again in the new year, I already have the website made, score sheets, rules, etcetc...

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

18? That's a good size group there!

And growing! All via word of mouth, 0 advertising. Mostly from Saskatoon, but I think more Regina members in the future, once the tournaments there start running.

#16 12 years ago

I have a thursday night tourney me and some friends do almost every thursday night. Maybe we should step it up into a league?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-league-how-to and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.