(Topic ID: 238805)

Pinball leaderboard idea/wish

By iloveplywood

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

This is probably too small of a use case to warrant attention by programmers, but I have a wife that actually likes to play pinball and also likes to enter her name on the leader board (though she'd probably never admit this openly). She's not competitive in the sense that she wants to beat me, but she does like to keep track of her own progress. I know there are ways of doing this outside of the machine itself (she carries a notebook which is kind of cute), but I can tell she gets extra excited after I do a code update and she gets to enter her initials.

I think it would be cool if pinball machines would work a bit like the robotron/joust machines that limited the number of times any one name could be on the leader board. That way I could have my top five and she could have hers (or whatever the number would be). Probably not something that would be useful on location (though I don't think it would muck things up either) but with more machines going in the home I think leader board innovation could start to become more appealing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-leaderboard-idea-wish?tu=iloveplywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.