(Topic ID: 13058)

pinball jewelry

By toyotaboy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball_pendant.jpg
    IMG_1084.JPG
    Camera.png
    pinball_pendant.jpg
    pinball_ring.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Just putting this out there to see if there's any interest. I decided to model up a pinball on top of a ring:
    http://www.shapeways.com/model/502263/pinball-ring.html

Currently it's a 20.5mm inside diameter, but I can easily make it any ring size. The website will make a real sterling silver part based on 3d geometry you send them.

This is the first design I made (printed in plastic). I don't like how far it protrudes, or how weak it looks standing on the legs, which is why I dropped it down in the latest design above:
    pinball_ring.jpgpinball_ring.jpg

If anyone has any other requests for something they'd like to see let me know.

#2 12 years ago

I like the second one better. It's just that backbox sticking way out there. Looks dangerous!

#3 12 years ago

Would probably look cooler as a necklace, that's just to huge for a ring IMO...

#4 12 years ago

I like it. I want two of the second one. Perfect little kitschy jewelry for preteens. Also no one else will have one, which is a big factor apparently, wonder where they get that? Should I just order it off of the website or?

#5 12 years ago

That 3-d rendering you linked to is cool as hell. I agree with tdc, it would be better as necklace.

#6 12 years ago

That actually resembles a certain sex toy.

Don't ask me how me how I know.

#7 12 years ago

That would be cool as a necklace and earrings!! stands up too tall for a ring and I would be afraid I would hit it on something and snap the head off...(that sounded wrong, but you get my drift!! LOL!!)

Phoebe

#8 12 years ago

A chain of silver balls would be cool for a necklace.

#9 12 years ago

^^ That would get real heavy, real fast but it would be pretty sweet.

#10 12 years ago

rommy: If you just order off shapeways, you'll end up with my finger size. If you give me a ring size, I can make alternate models for purchase

Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

cool as a necklace and earrings

Thought about possibly doing these, I could take what I already have an add a eyelet and get some hooks. Would make it easier since it would be one size.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

A chain of silver balls would be cool for a necklace.

Yeah, they've already made them- they're called "anal beads."

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Don't ask me how me how I know.

How do you know ?

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah, they've already made them- they're called "anal beads."

It's hard to type when you're laughing this hard.

#14 12 years ago

A sure sign of divorce when you're wearing this instead of your wedding ring?

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

A sure sign of divorce when you're wearing this instead of your wedding ring?

wedding ring is on middle finger. Lost a bunch of weight and never got it resized.

#16 12 years ago

I highly considered making mods with this.

Posting here so I guess someone else will now

I am waiting for price to come down a little currently 14.9K

http://www.uprint3dprinting.com/

If you have not seen these then Enjoy

a couple other companies are making these for the public like HP.

Dreaming one piece at a time.

8 months later
    #17 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

rommy: If you just order off shapeways, you'll end up with my finger size. If you give me a ring size, I can make alternate models for purchase

Thought about possibly doing these, I could take what I already have an add a eyelet and get some hooks. Would make it easier since it would be one size.

Please do offer this as a necklace with an eyelet. I have been shopping for weeks for some sort of pinball themed jewelry gift with no success. I am a surefire order if you make a necklace.

#18 11 years ago

I'm going to work on a necklace charm and earrings, I'll post an update once I've got the models updated

1 week later
    #19 11 years ago

Ok, so this is what I came up with for a pendant. Since silver isn't a cheap material, I did hollow out the bottom. Even making it only an inch long, and minimizing detail because of it's small size, it's still coming out to $90 (that's polished). I also made an .080" hole in the front and back so a chain can be fed through it (it's also towards the top so it'll tend to be bottom heavy and not spin on the chain)

If anyone is interested, or if you have feedback how I should change it, let me know. Also if someone wants a plastic version so they can see how it looks in person let me know (it would probably only be like $15-$20)

pinball_pendant.jpgpinball_pendant.jpg

#20 11 years ago

Awesome work! I use Shapeways for some of my pinball mod work. They are building the prototypes for me and have been very good at cutting me some slack with my crazy requests.

Camera.pngCamera.png IMG_1084.JPGIMG_1084.JPG

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ok, so this is what I came up with for a pendant. Since silver isn't a cheap material, I did hollow out the bottom. Even making it only an inch long, and minimizing detail because of it's small size, it's still coming out to $90 (that's polished). I also made an .080" hole in the front and back so a chain can be fed through it (it's also towards the top so it'll tend to be bottom heavy and not spin on the chain)
    If anyone is interested, or if you have feedback how I should change it, let me know. Also if someone wants a plastic version so they can see how it looks in person let me know (it would probably only be like $15-$20)

Nice work. I am thinking about ordering in silver as a gift. I have a couple of ideas. First a little button like extrusion for a plunger on the front would be cool. I agree that you dont want it to be top heavy and spin but it seems like maybe putting the hole through the back box would insure that it does not flip over and that it hangs more naturally. What do you think?

#22 11 years ago

I think it's a fabulous idea - would definitely be interested in a pendant version.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from radix:

First a little button like extrusion for a plunger on the front would be cool. I agree that you dont want it to be top heavy and spin but it seems like maybe putting the hole through the back box would insure that it does not flip over and that it hangs more naturally. What do you think?

The more I look at it the more I don't like it. I'm thinking about putting a loop in the upper corner of the backbox and just let it hang (the hole is preventing me from putting features in). This way a hook can be put in it for earrings or a loop for a chain (keeps one design). Gonna make some changes and recalculate cost.

2 weeks later
    #24 11 years ago

Hi OP, any progress on the new hole location? I am excited to see how it turns out!

#25 11 years ago

any progress on the new hole location?

Here's the new model:

Price is still $100 polished and shipped

pinball_pendant.jpgpinball_pendant.jpg

11 months later
    #26 10 years ago

Nice and you can also view our jewelry collections at Wholesale Jewelry store in USA?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-jewelry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.