(Topic ID: 271750)

Pinball is the best - what game is 2nd best?

By JohnnyPinball007

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What game do you like 2nd best to pinball?”

• a arcade game 35 votes
      17%
    • a multi cade game 30 votes
      14%
    • golden tee 13 votes
      6%
    • cornhole 6 votes
      3%
    • horseshoes 4 votes
      2%
    • super chexx hockey 16 votes
      8%
    • foosball 11 votes
      5%
    • darts 15 votes
      7%
    • ping pong 14 votes
      7%
    • lawn darts - good ones and sharp 1 vote
    • pool table 37 votes
      18%
    • air hockey table 7 votes
      3%
    • washer toss 1 vote
    • other - please post answer 20 votes
      10%

(Multiple choice - 210 votes by 178 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2159BB02-FCEA-4897-B734-F9C63C3BAC0E (resized).jpeg
    image0 (resized).jpeg
    3E4BD564-C2F8-42B3-85A1-904EEEB1A677 (resized).jpeg
    dk (resized).jpg
    20200922_173718 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Mai94ReBout (resized).png
    forever-alone-not-so-alone-afterall_o_1904729 (resized).jpg
    20200529_152425 (resized).jpg
    0011588521_10 (resized).jpg
    51NuVYzIAsL (resized).jpg
    spank-the-monkey (resized).jpg
    kenstance.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Ok, so recently I was thinking about getting a cornhole, because me and my gf may play some and like it, and I was curious about how pinside members liked it.

While doing that I was getting a lot of feedback about Super Chexx hockey, which I do plan to try one and see how we like it.

So I am even more curious now, and seeing how all the games I can think of will rate in a poll.

I already have some games on hand that are in the poll, so how they end up will really tell if I/we, are missing out on some awesome game we did not know about

So, when you have played pinball until your wrists are too sore to play again, or you just wanted to do something different, what game is your go to?

(hell, last time I did this I found that SC hockey needs to be checked out, along with even washer toss, so just looking at responses to see what other games we all should look at).

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Poll is flawed, it's missing THE best game of all: sex

That and I forgot to add shuffleboard and bowling also.

1 week later
    #27 3 years ago

Because of the virus stuff none of my friends are wanting to play the pins, or a multicade or Golden Tee. And that is fine with me, I do not care to be close to anyone at the moment.

For the first time since this virus began, finally some friends were over and we played ping pong. It was awesome, everyone had a lot of fun, and easy to keep a distance.

My corn hole set will be ready this week and friends have shown interest in that also because easy to keep a distance.

Stay safe!

#33 3 years ago

There is a free frisbee golf course 3 miles from here. (a public park).

Over a year ago I bought some frisbees, but we were always too busy to go.

Last week my girlfriend and I finally made it out there, and we loved it.

Now she is looking online trying to learn about different weight frisbees and how well they work on a course.

This is also a great way to get out and have fun while social distancing.

(hell, you could probably social distance also playing real golf, but I doubt that would ever be free).

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

So many good games, so little time.

You nailed that!

We are all very lucky to have so many different awesome games available now.

There is a awesome game, in about any price range from free to over 10k just waiting for you.

2 weeks later
    #48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Zero turn mower.

Hell Yeah! I love cutting grass again, like being a kid again on a bad ass go-kart! (and does not hurt like my previous riders). I really wish I had of bought one of those long ago. (mine is 2 years old now).

Quoted from Briks-707:

My Golden Tee HE is getting played way more than the multicade at the moment. Beer and golf have gotten me thru many sport-less nights.

I feel you, same here. Just 2 nights ago I made my 4th double eagle in 4 months, and my back was messed up prior and I was in pain, and the temporary excitement took all my pain away for a minute.

What is your favorite multicade game? I keep going back to River Patrol, but damn that game kills my elbow. (I love Missile Command, Centipede, Pole Position, and a whole lot more also).

I had a real Dig Dug for over 30 years, and I can say this multicade is spot on with that game. And I now know how much the graphics sucked with Golden Tee on the multi, after now having the real one for about 5 months now.

For exercise, ping pong is pretty good.

No cornhole right now, too hot and humid outside, and not enough overhead clearance to play inside.(except when only 11 feet away, and I am pretty good that close and like it).

1 week later
    #49 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Just 2 nights ago I made my 4th double eagle in 4 months

I ended up with 4 double eagles while ago. One was a hole in one, and one was a hole out.

For us anyway, Golden Tee is the 2nd best to pinball.

3rd best, I would say ping pong.

And I need to go to the favorite toys thread, I just remembered how much I loved badmitten when I was a kid.

1 month later
    #59 3 years ago

1. Pinball
    2. Golden Tee, Big Buck Hunter, corn hole, and ping pong (playing all those pretty even currently).

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Board games: Titan
    Word games: Jotto, Boggle
    Poker card games: Texas hold-em
    Non-poker card games: Cribbage, Pinochle

That reminded me, around 15 years ago I also liked some other games.

Double 12 Dominos with scoring in multiples of 5.

Up Words.

And back about that time or earlier you could play poker online for real money, and I liked a card game called Pineapple.

Texas Hold 'em is fun, but I thought Pineapple was so much better and hated it when that went away.

3 months later
    #73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

We've got an air hockey table, but I also like pool and table tennis (ping pong)

I was never much into pool, but really enjoy air hockey and ping pong.

I let my girlfriend decide, and she liked ping pong the most. And yes, the table took the room away from some pins, but we wanted variety. That was one big change that happened this year.

We also got a Golden Tee HE that was played all the time for months.

A cornhole set in my storage building (had to move a lot of stuff around to fit, but 12 foot ceiling, concrete floor, and distance for 27 feet between holes, and just something fun that did not cost much).

The biggie for the year is the Big Buck Hunter. Had it now for 3-4 months, and it is not getting old at all. (actually no game is getting old). Normally I play BBH 1-2 hours a night, and my girlfriend plays it 2-3 hours a night. (I sneak off to Pinside while she is still playing). (Actually BBH is so intense to really get a good score, it wears me out after a while, and she does not care if she is getting good scores or not).

And pinball is the best, but variety is very nice also.

(a tad early, but) Happy New Year!

#76 3 years ago

My girl and I love Skee Ball. I see one for sale every now and then and think about where I may put it.

And same here, Golden Tee all the time, until we got the BBH. (GT is not going anywhere).

1 week later
    #78 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And pinball is the best, but variety is very nice also.

When I was very young, the first pinball type games I liked were pitch and bats.

One of those has been in the back of my mind forever, and I finally got one this week.

It is very nice to have some more variety.

Also very nice that at the moment the only other game I kind of miss is horseshoes, and that would not cost much to add.

It has been amazing how many pinsiders have said Bubble Hockey, I don't think it would go over well here, but I have a open mind if I ever see one out in the wild.

I may have already said it, but corn hole is pretty good for the cost, and how much it gets played.

The only game I kind of regret buying is the 60 in 1 arcade cocktail table, and I may would sell it, BUT at the same time it is awesome enough, and light enough, it would be easy to move and take with me if for whatever reason I had to be without the other games for a while.

The worst thing about variety, is I find sometimes I just sit and drink beer and goof off here, because I can not make my mind up about what I want to play.

Hell, I want to play all of the games, sometimes I just don't know what I want to start off with first.

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
    1 year later
    #83 2 years ago

For 2 weeks solid now we have been playing Mexican Train with dominos. Recently we did also use the ping pong table for a couple of hours.

Pinball is still a real treat, and they get played also, variety is sweet!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-the-best-what-game-is-2nd-best?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.