(Topic ID: 271750)

Pinball is the best - what game is 2nd best?

By JohnnyPinball007

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What game do you like 2nd best to pinball?”

• a arcade game 35 votes
      17%
    • a multi cade game 30 votes
      14%
    • golden tee 13 votes
      6%
    • cornhole 6 votes
      3%
    • horseshoes 4 votes
      2%
    • super chexx hockey 16 votes
      8%
    • foosball 11 votes
      5%
    • darts 15 votes
      7%
    • ping pong 14 votes
      7%
    • lawn darts - good ones and sharp 1 vote
    • pool table 37 votes
      18%
    • air hockey table 7 votes
      3%
    • washer toss 1 vote
    • other - please post answer 20 votes
      10%

(Multiple choice - 210 votes by 178 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2159BB02-FCEA-4897-B734-F9C63C3BAC0E (resized).jpeg
    image0 (resized).jpeg
    3E4BD564-C2F8-42B3-85A1-904EEEB1A677 (resized).jpeg
    dk (resized).jpg
    20200922_173718 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Mai94ReBout (resized).png
    forever-alone-not-so-alone-afterall_o_1904729 (resized).jpg
    20200529_152425 (resized).jpg
    0011588521_10 (resized).jpg
    51NuVYzIAsL (resized).jpg
    spank-the-monkey (resized).jpg
    kenstance.gif
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

Ping pong is also a sport.

My vote is pool table. And chess not far.

#52 3 years ago

Trick question! Pinball

#53 3 years ago

Not a game, but Jukeboxes and exercise are 2nd best.

#54 3 years ago

1. Sex
    2. Pinball
    3. Repeat

My favorite "games"

#55 3 years ago

Hide the salami

#56 3 years ago

I enjoy taking the time to curate a good collection on my mame cabinet. Adding 20k games is a waste because you just end up surfing through crap. I think I’m at 300+ SOLID games right now. Just added Black Tiger, which plays like a early inspiration for Magic Sword.

1 month later
    #57 3 years ago

Pinball
    Foosball
    Chess
    Horseshoes

#58 3 years ago

Bubble Hockey

#59 3 years ago

1. Pinball
    2. Golden Tee, Big Buck Hunter, corn hole, and ping pong (playing all those pretty even currently).

#60 3 years ago

Doom (2016) version online... still fun

#61 3 years ago

Videogames: Robotron 2084
    Board games: Titan
    Word games: Jotto, Boggle
    Poker card games: Texas hold-em
    Non-poker card games: Cribbage, Pinochle

#62 3 years ago

Going by time played, I have to admit that this is #2 in my little world:
    20200922_173718 (resized).jpg20200922_173718 (resized).jpg
    Note I won with 0 points, after shooting the moon four times in a row!

#63 3 years ago

If I’m not pressing the flipper buttons I’m golfing.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Board games: Titan
    Word games: Jotto, Boggle
    Poker card games: Texas hold-em
    Non-poker card games: Cribbage, Pinochle

That reminded me, around 15 years ago I also liked some other games.

Double 12 Dominos with scoring in multiples of 5.

Up Words.

And back about that time or earlier you could play poker online for real money, and I liked a card game called Pineapple.

Texas Hold 'em is fun, but I thought Pineapple was so much better and hated it when that went away.

#65 3 years ago

The 3 P’S, a D and a G.
    Pool
    Pinball
    Poker
    Darts
    Golf

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

That reminded me, around 15 years ago I also liked some other games.
    Double 12 Dominos with scoring in multiples of 5.
    Up Words.
    And back about that time or earlier you could play poker online for real money, and I liked a card game called Pineapple.
    Texas Hold 'em is fun, but I thought Pineapple was so much better and hated it when that went away.

I played Pineapple when I used to hit the underground cardrooms back in the early 00's. I don't remember the rules now but I do remember it was a very easy game to lose your money. Luckily, I didn't.

My buddy and I used to play a lot of Cribbage, and when we got bored of it we would play Reverse Cribbage, where instead of being the first to score 121 on the pegboard, you had to force your opponent to score 121 first. Made for some very interesting strategy.

#67 3 years ago

Darts

#68 3 years ago

Call of Cthulhu RPG. I'm the GM all the time, but the group enjoys the bouts of madness. After some alcohol, the real acting chops start to show up and it gets really fun.

#69 3 years ago
    dk (resized).jpgdk (resized).jpg
    #70 3 years ago

CORNHOLE.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Doom (2016) version online... still fun

Original Doom, and also Quake. I play these more than anything else. That shit just never gets old.

3 months later
    #72 3 years ago

We've got an air hockey table, but I also like pool and table tennis (ping pong) ... but why is it that all of these take up so much room in the house???

Pool room became the home theatre room but now has 9 pinball machines in it
    Music room now has the air hockey table
    We have to go out to a pool hall to play snooker or pool these days
    Or to a mate's place for table tennis

Hhmmm maybe I could convert part of the garage ...

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

We've got an air hockey table, but I also like pool and table tennis (ping pong)

I was never much into pool, but really enjoy air hockey and ping pong.

I let my girlfriend decide, and she liked ping pong the most. And yes, the table took the room away from some pins, but we wanted variety. That was one big change that happened this year.

We also got a Golden Tee HE that was played all the time for months.

A cornhole set in my storage building (had to move a lot of stuff around to fit, but 12 foot ceiling, concrete floor, and distance for 27 feet between holes, and just something fun that did not cost much).

The biggie for the year is the Big Buck Hunter. Had it now for 3-4 months, and it is not getting old at all. (actually no game is getting old). Normally I play BBH 1-2 hours a night, and my girlfriend plays it 2-3 hours a night. (I sneak off to Pinside while she is still playing). (Actually BBH is so intense to really get a good score, it wears me out after a while, and she does not care if she is getting good scores or not).

And pinball is the best, but variety is very nice also.

(a tad early, but) Happy New Year!

#74 3 years ago

(a tad early, but) Happy New Year!

It's not that far away for us (currently 3pm) - we're heading up to a mate's place who has a dozen odd pins, so it's gunna be a fun night

We had 3 new Covid cases yesterday, the first new cases in 2 months ... and today the state government have slapped a 15 people limit at private households for New Years Eve Luckily we're just on that limit so haven't needed to change anything.

Happy New Year mate!!

#75 3 years ago

Among my friends it's Golden Tee.
    Poker, card/board games (Cards Against Humanity, etc), and Skee Ball are very popular as well. Whatever works stays in the basement. Otherwise its time to sell it and find something new.

#76 3 years ago

My girl and I love Skee Ball. I see one for sale every now and then and think about where I may put it.

And same here, Golden Tee all the time, until we got the BBH. (GT is not going anywhere).

#77 3 years ago

Bubble Hockey!!!!

3E4BD564-C2F8-42B3-85A1-904EEEB1A677 (resized).jpeg3E4BD564-C2F8-42B3-85A1-904EEEB1A677 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #78 3 years ago

And pinball is the best, but variety is very nice also.

When I was very young, the first pinball type games I liked were pitch and bats.

One of those has been in the back of my mind forever, and I finally got one this week.

It is very nice to have some more variety.

Also very nice that at the moment the only other game I kind of miss is horseshoes, and that would not cost much to add.

It has been amazing how many pinsiders have said Bubble Hockey, I don't think it would go over well here, but I have a open mind if I ever see one out in the wild.

I may have already said it, but corn hole is pretty good for the cost, and how much it gets played.

The only game I kind of regret buying is the 60 in 1 arcade cocktail table, and I may would sell it, BUT at the same time it is awesome enough, and light enough, it would be easy to move and take with me if for whatever reason I had to be without the other games for a while.

The worst thing about variety, is I find sometimes I just sit and drink beer and goof off here, because I can not make my mind up about what I want to play.

Hell, I want to play all of the games, sometimes I just don't know what I want to start off with first.

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
    #79 3 years ago

When I was very young, the first pinball type games I liked were pitch and bats.
    One of those has been in the back of my mind forever, and I finally got one this week.
    It is very nice to have some more variety.
    Also very nice that at the moment the only other game I kind of miss is horseshoes, and that would not cost much to add.
    It has been amazing how many pinsiders have said Bubble Hockey, I don't think it would go over well here, but I have a open mind if I ever see one out in the wild.
    I may have already said it, but corn hole is pretty good for the cost, and how much it gets played.
    The only game I kind of regret buying is the 60 in 1 arcade cocktail table, and I may would sell it, BUT at the same time it is awesome enough, and light enough, it would be easy to move and take with me if for whatever reason I had to be without the other games for a while.
    The worst thing about variety, is I find sometimes I just sit and drink beer and goof off here, because I can not make my mind up about what I want to play.
    Hell, I want to play all of the games, sometimes I just don't know what I want to start off with first.
    [quoted image]

I hear u Johnny, variety is best. I really enjoyed my bubble hockey, but sadly, it just wasn’t getting used to much, so I ended up selling it. Darts & shuffle board is fun, but right now, it’s golden tee for me. I’m on the hunt to get other roms/boards for my old’99, I really wanna play other courses..

2 weeks later
    #80 3 years ago

Update: Air Hockey now gets the most play besides pinball.
    I picked up a bigger Air Hockey table for $50 from Craigslist. Much more fun than the previous smaller one we had. It has a better scoring system with options for playing for time or score and a bigger fan so the puck really glides, you can barely push it with one finger and it glides all the way down and back no problem.
    We have been playing everyday now and having a lot of fun with it. I can’t think of a better addition to the gameroom for $50.

#81 3 years ago

And I need to go to the favorite toys thread, I just remembered how much I loved badmitten when I was a kid.

2159BB02-FCEA-4897-B734-F9C63C3BAC0E (resized).jpeg2159BB02-FCEA-4897-B734-F9C63C3BAC0E (resized).jpeg
    #82 3 years ago

Exactly. More specifically, the WSOP.

1 year later
    #83 2 years ago

For 2 weeks solid now we have been playing Mexican Train with dominos. Recently we did also use the ping pong table for a couple of hours.

Pinball is still a real treat, and they get played also, variety is sweet!

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-the-best-what-game-is-2nd-best/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.