Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DarthXaos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tok.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

OP
    Soonerbrink said:

I try to bring up the good game of pinball with nearly everyone I meet

Quoted from RCA1:

There's your mistake.

Absolutely this! Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it. Unless gaming somehow comes up naturally in the conversation, I never try to push it. Having the arcade video games comes up way more even though I also don't bring that stuff up.

I had somebody really put the press on me with Disney collectibles, all these little ceramic thimbles, cups and figurines. I tried to be nice, but couldn't even feign interest and also couldn't get away quick enough. I never want to be the guy doing that to someone that doesn't give a shit about pinball. lol

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

There's a difference I think. I'll bring it up if someone says to me "what did you do on the weekend?" which is common around the office I might say I picked up a pin, spent time working on one, had friends over to play pinball and the conversation goes from there if they ask questions about it. If they don't that's the end of it. I think when people say they bring up pinball it isn't a case of a one sided conversation where you just cram a bunch of info down their throat.

You work with better people than me... If I brought it up, there would be nonstop singing of Pinball Wizard and The Accused references. Funny but a bit relentless. lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tok.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-pretty-much-luck-not-skill-right?tu=tok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.