Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DarthXaos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

I always tell 'em to come over to my house and try their luck against me. They usually wind up shooting pool in about ten minutes.

#9 8 years ago

There is, of course, much luck involved in pinball, and it's the Great Leveler in the game. Doesn't matter how good you are--if the stars aren't aligned, and you have a few mistimed bad bounces, you could be in for a very long day in a tournament. Likewise, complete idiots like me can have one epic ball that gets you a high score. Doesn't mean you're good by any stretch of the imagination--just lucky that one time.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

Then how do the same guys win PAPA and Pinburgh every year!?

They don't. Skill will get you to the top ten. A little luck gets you to #1.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

These three men destroy the idea that pinball is mostly luck. While a small amount of luck does indeed happen in pinball, the best players in the world use far more skill than luck to win multiple World Championships.

My point exactly. Everything has to come together for you to win. It's not just skill. I think all of these guys are on the same basic level, but it comes down to who had a good day and who didn't...and a lot of times when you're talking about that, you're talking about luck and chance. Has nothing to do with somebody's skill suddenly evaporating at one tournament. We all have those days when you know it's a pinball day or it's not. It doesn't mean you suck one day and you're great the next. When it's not your day, it's not your day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-pretty-much-luck-not-skill-right?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.