Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (resized).jpg
    22073479c0fd1bd0c9dc82a422b9cd0db0a10c51 (resized).jpg
    D2928E6F-A4CC-45E4-91EB-B50D0A4324E9 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rumcoke.jpg
    F486D42C-0DF0-4165-8D09-E64726483F80 (resized).jpeg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Here is why “I” think pinball is the best hobby (Please help me justify if I leave anything out)
    In no particular order:
    1. Wood working, you first have to build all this stuff and anyone that has done rebuilds can chime in.
    2. Art, (theme, drawing, colors, stuff) whatever the eye sees has to be perfect. So perfect that vid1900 has to approve of it.
    3. Electronics, you need to understand current, resistors, transistors, transformers, diodes, capacitors, relays, other electric stuff and so on
    4. Geometry, playfield layout needs to be perfect or the world will hate the game
    5. Playing, even if you don’t build or care about production, playing is amazing. So many skill sets and levels and styles
    6. Preservation, how many of us find old games worthy of a dumpster but are brought back to life and given a second chance.
    7. Community, albeit a TOTAL melting pot of classes, I’ve never associated with so many different types of personas until I started plunging the silver ball.
    8. Assistance, so many pinballers have helped others, whether it’s understanding game play rules or how to fix things in a restoration thread

I know there are more reasons so help me list them. I know this is a self indulging post but who cares. Pinball is f**king awesome so why not talk about it like it is?!!!
    To some up a pinball enthusiast I would say “an artist, Carpenter interested in controlling chaos on a electronical setting, that is often ignored by the general population but adored by a select few worthy of friendship”
    -Matt

Edit warning: I was hammered on a lot of bourbon and loving life when I wrote this. It becomes pretty obvious of the state of mind I was in as the posts continue. I'm reserving this thread for myself and others as the "I love pinball plus I'm super drunk right now" go-to thread. I hope everyone enjoys this happy accident.

#2 5 years ago

9. Coding, game design is imperative

#3 5 years ago

Modding, entrepreneurship, small business.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from VillaThrills:

Modding, entrepreneurship, small business.

Yes to all these!

#5 5 years ago

Go to bed, you're drunk.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Go to bed, you're drunk.

I know!

#7 5 years ago

Made in the USA!!!

#8 5 years ago

The hunt.

#9 5 years ago

They make great tote bag holders too.

#10 5 years ago

Not FIGURATIVELY?

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Made in the USA!!!

Most of them! Certainly not all of them.

#12 5 years ago

I need to have LITERALLY spelled out for me.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I need to have LITERALLY spelled out for me.

What is a Lite Rally, a small car race? People with glow sticks in a group?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

People with glow sticks in a group?

This

#15 5 years ago

My favorite part of this hobby is the imamaculate baywatch lol.

#16 5 years ago

For me It is the unpredictability of the game play! You never know what is going to happen from one game to the next! That is Awesome!

#17 5 years ago

It gives u a good reason to use all the cuss words.

#18 5 years ago

Threads like this provide entertainment.

And, here's what happens when you go to look up if "electronical" is actually a word..

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=electronical

:A drunken reference to electronic equipment:

NAILED IT!

#19 5 years ago

10) Endless potential for retheming or just swapping music to change the experience, and make it more fun for you.

#20 5 years ago

No pinball no Pinside!

Pins and Pinside,
    both are awesome!

#21 5 years ago

Lol holy hell, I was really drunk last night. I saw this and immediately thought “oh jesus, what did I post?!......”

Actually isn’t too bad.
    I thank my “electronical” device for helping me spell

Thanks for not being tooooo hard on me

Here’s another, you can always count on a fellow pinballer to let you know you screwed something up haha

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Threads like this provide entertainment.
    And, here's what happens when you go to look up if "electronical" is actually a word..
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=electronical
    :A drunken reference to electronic equipment:
    NAILED IT!

I do what I can

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Lol holy hell, I was really drunk last night. I saw this and immediately thought “oh jesus, what did I post?!......”
    Actually isn’t too bad.

I think it's all good. The thread's LITERALLY got a positive vibe going for it

#24 5 years ago

Tips on how to tell when a Pinside Poster is drunk when posting.
    1. Anytime Electronical Setting is used in a post
    2. Butt Crack pics added to the post.
    3. Any Reference to VID1900
    4. Quadriple post of a blank page

#25 5 years ago

Doing a little day-drinking (the best kind of drinking), and although I post only intermittently around here I must say that in addition to pinball indeed being a candidate for “best hobby ever”, you guys are some of the most entertaining MF’ers I’ve ever experienced on a hobbyist forum!

Also (since this is becoming the unofficial drunk post thread), I was thinking it might be cool if there was a way to design a game mode that reverses the player/machine roles and allows the player to take control of the playfield mechs while the game controls the flippers (I think something like the Multimorphic ball tracking system could be implemented to allow the machine to “intelligently” actuate the flippers so as to specifically aim the ball).

#26 5 years ago

Obligatory, I guess:

#27 5 years ago

Nice!

#28 5 years ago

You sir.. need to change your username to "Electronicalcute"

#29 5 years ago

It’s kinda early for new words.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Actually isn’t too bad.
    I thank my “electronical” device for helping me spell
    Thanks for not being tooooo hard on me
    Here’s another, you can always count on a fellow pinballer to let you know you screwed something up haha

LOL

Been there myself in the past.

I've now implemented a hold policy on any ideas, I get while drinking and playing pinball, that I think will make for good Pinside threads. If possible, I write them down for consideration the next day and very few have survived the followup WTF? review.

#31 5 years ago

When I get drunk, I like to go on ebay or amazon and buy stuff.
    Looks like i should try drunken typing instead. It sounds cheaper.

#32 5 years ago

When you retire, you (if you Love beer in my case) drink every day...so, you need to be careful before typing anything...very much the measure twice, cut once program...and that still can backfire on occasion. Now I measure like..3 times and think about it while I down another bottle before I cut that wood. I just got done thinking.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Also (since this is becoming the unofficial drunk post thread), I was thinking it might be cool if there was a way to design a game mode that reverses the player/machine roles and allows the player to take control of the playfield mechs while the game controls the flippers (I think something like the Multimorphic ball tracking system could be implemented to allow the machine to “intelligently” actuate the flippers so as to specifically aim the ball).

The closest thing I know to this is "Drunk Multiball" in Cactus Canyon Continued. The flippers reverse and you have to shoot the Beer Mug to make the jackpot!

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Obligatory, I guess:

Man that's the nicest butt crack shot I think I have ever seen!

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Tips on how to tell when a Pinside Poster is drunk when posting.
    1. Anytime Electronical Setting is used in a post
    2. Butt Crack pics added to the post.
    3. Any Reference to VID1900
    4. Quadriple post of a blank page

Add one: Up voting your own post!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

very few have survived the followup WTF? review

And yet we have to suffer through the ones that do... JK! You are always THE “delight” around here.

#37 5 years ago

Well the bourbon is flowing.... hopefully I don’t go on a rant later about how we are greatest humans in the world because of pinball.

F486D42C-0DF0-4165-8D09-E64726483F80 (resized).jpegF486D42C-0DF0-4165-8D09-E64726483F80 (resized).jpeg
    #38 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Well the bourbon is flowing.... hopefully I don’t go on a rant later about how we are greatest humans in the world because of pinball.

Bottoms up. See you on the funny side

rumcoke.jpgrumcoke.jpg

We are some really great humans. Except teh global warming thing. It was like 65 degrees on Tuesday in PA and it's gonna snow some next week.

#39 5 years ago

Pinball repair...literally learning everyday. Now, I'm teaching the things that I have learned since 2008.

#40 5 years ago

Pinball is amazeballs!

#41 5 years ago

Pinball is def the best hobby ever

So is drunk posting!

#42 5 years ago

Found my Vaporizer.....Packed and missing for 1-1/2 years! Now I can join the Drinking and Pinball!

Happy Days! Best Hobby! Best People!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #43 5 years ago

So let me tell you about pinball people...
    Freaking greaastest ever man

#44 5 years ago

Watched my buddy put up 890 mil on deadpool and GC it tonight. Tomorrow the operator is installing the new code hahaha I cant wait to text him a pic of all the default scores.

#45 5 years ago

Cheers!

22073479c0fd1bd0c9dc82a422b9cd0db0a10c51 (resized).jpg22073479c0fd1bd0c9dc82a422b9cd0db0a10c51 (resized).jpg

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

When I get drunk, I like to go on ebay or amazon and buy stuff.
    Looks like i should try drunken typing instead. It sounds cheaper.

I do the same thing. I have a hundred dollars of milsurp coming on Monday. At least the West Germany police sweater looks nice.

#47 5 years ago

Time to make some dimples.
    Cheers fellow pinheads!

D2928E6F-A4CC-45E4-91EB-B50D0A4324E9 (resized).jpegD2928E6F-A4CC-45E4-91EB-B50D0A4324E9 (resized).jpeg

#49 5 years ago

Thanks for the thread, I forgot why I started pinball in the first place and you reminded me.
    FxxK the drama and bring on the love.
    I again started the RADICAL restore I started in 2015

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

I again started the RADICAL restore I started in 2015

That’s awesome

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-literally-the-best-hobby?hl=plumber802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.