Here is why “I” think pinball is the best hobby (Please help me justify if I leave anything out)
In no particular order:
1. Wood working, you first have to build all this stuff and anyone that has done rebuilds can chime in.
2. Art, (theme, drawing, colors, stuff) whatever the eye sees has to be perfect. So perfect that vid1900 has to approve of it.
3. Electronics, you need to understand current, resistors, transistors, transformers, diodes, capacitors, relays, other electric stuff and so on
4. Geometry, playfield layout needs to be perfect or the world will hate the game
5. Playing, even if you don’t build or care about production, playing is amazing. So many skill sets and levels and styles
6. Preservation, how many of us find old games worthy of a dumpster but are brought back to life and given a second chance.
7. Community, albeit a TOTAL melting pot of classes, I’ve never associated with so many different types of personas until I started plunging the silver ball.
8. Assistance, so many pinballers have helped others, whether it’s understanding game play rules or how to fix things in a restoration thread
I know there are more reasons so help me list them. I know this is a self indulging post but who cares. Pinball is f**king awesome so why not talk about it like it is?!!!
To some up a pinball enthusiast I would say “an artist, Carpenter interested in controlling chaos on a electronical setting, that is often ignored by the general population but adored by a select few worthy of friendship”
Edit warning: I was hammered on a lot of bourbon and loving life when I wrote this. It becomes pretty obvious of the state of mind I was in as the posts continue. I'm reserving this thread for myself and others as the "I love pinball plus I'm super drunk right now" go-to thread. I hope everyone enjoys this happy accident.