IMG_3056 (resized).JPG
pinball (resized).png
54f01ea5df662e0501d691fea1c722dfb8c96497 (resized).jpg
IMG_1957 (resized).JPG
54732253 (resized).jpg
TZ thread (resized).jpg
IMG_1846 (resized).JPG
Clint 2 (resized).jpg
There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 6 years ago

Uh oh. We are on page 6. Now what happens?

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When I was still doing movies, I'd get with both men and women.
A hole is a hole.

I wonder if I've seen any of these movies. I've seen A LOT of movies.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

You forgot double naught spy.

You mean, 'naughty'

#254 6 years ago

Is it true that Vid was Lord Humongous in the Road Warrior?

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Is it true that Vid was Lord Humongous in the Road Warrior?

I think he might have also played RainMan in a watersports film......hang on, exactly what is a 'watersports film"? :p

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Don't forget about his two buddies, Popok and Beelow.

Yes! Popok and Beelow, those cult heroes from the past. What have they been up to I wonder? Cruising around in a van looking for trouble I bet........

IMG_1846 (resized).JPGIMG_1846 (resized).JPG

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Vid, can we get an "Ask Me Anything" segment with you, the most interesting man on Pinside? In my one short year on Pinside I have learned that:
You have more practical knowledge on Pinball than anybody else.
You are tall and mysterious.
You have a great sense of humor and self.
You are well traveled and well read.
You find awesome bargains and share with folks.
And that you have pant difficulties.

Don't forget he's a flaming gay bird!!

#258 6 years ago

I've heard Vid likes his meat so rare, he only eats unicorns

#259 6 years ago

Pinball is only gay when gay people play it, not that's there anything wrong that.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Dude, what the fuck for you is categorically antonymous between homosexuals and rich old white guys?!
Jesus Christ. Just mind boggling. We live in Bizzaro World, I swear to God.

About 17 years ago, there was a golf driving range just outside of Sequim, right on the highway. My partner and I were interested in buying it, but the fellow that owned wouldn't sell it to us because we were gay. I asked him about that. He said he felt it was his duty to protect the community from people like me. I don't think the driving range is still there.

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Don't forget about his two buddies, Popok and Beelow.

I thought his two buddies were Neil and Bob!

#262 6 years ago

When Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, he had three missed calls from Vid.

#263 6 years ago

Vid got to Valinor on a skill shot.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

About 17 years ago, there was a golf driving range just outside of Sequim, right on the highway. My partner and I were interested in buying it, but the fellow that owned wouldn't sell it to us because we were gay. I asked him about that. He said he felt it was his duty to protect the community from people like me. I don't think the driving range is still there.

Don't remember the driving range, but though I've been coming here my whole life (my grandparents had property here) I've only lived here myself for about 14 years. Golf in this area is now almost totally dominated by the Tribe (Jamestown S'Klallam) and any Ma and Pops' (or Pop and Pops') in the area were doomed regardless. Ha, jokes on him, that bigot may have saved you from losing a lot of money!

But apart from anecdotes, I don't really get the point of the comment. Are we sharing regional stories, or making sweeping condemnations about a population based on one individual? My acre is kitty corner to the most hateful piece of shit I've ever met. He lives in a huge house with three outbuildings, boats, an enormous RV, orchard, etc... He hates me, hated my grandmother, hates his wife, hates my kids, hates HIS kids, hates his neighbors, hates my fireworks, hates black people, hates brown people, hates "orientals" and almost fell off my staircase (back before he knew to stay the fuck off my property) when I told him my two aunts that lived together down the road weren't actually sister spinsters, they were lipstick lesbians. (Sequim is New Lesbos, it's like Mecca for dykes.)

On the other hand, everyone within a two mile radius openly hates his guts and can't wait for him to just die already. So, who's the ambassador for Sequim, particular old bigots, or everyone else who actively look forward to the day he's dead? Maybe he's just bitter because almost 20 years ago he took a bath on a shitty old driving range that he had a chance to off load on a couple of evil queers but didn't pull the trigger. God, wouldn't that be awesome!?

Ha!

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I expected more from Page 6.

Me too. Although I did like Navajas' back story on the owner of the driving range. 20 years of bitter cancerous rage seems fitting.

#267 6 years ago

Got to admit I am a little disappointed as well. Vid, you got to give us something to work with. Can we get an update on Beelow and Popok?

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Don't forget he's a flaming gay bird!!

Who cares? That is the least interesting thing about Vid from what I have seen.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just another STUPID ASS PINSIDE THREAD that should have never been started and should have been deleted 6 pages ago!

Relax man...Vid started the thread, and he's a great guy. He just showed me how to polish my shooter rod the other night. Oh wait....Vid you sly son of a bitch!!

TZ thread (resized).jpgTZ thread (resized).jpg

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's still not in the basement or I would help out.

#271 6 years ago

I haven't seen too many fruits playing pinball, now, Foosball is a different story.
Pinball always seemed to be for loners, which suited me. Disco lights and fights and hectic nights, just give me a machine (or 2) in a corner,a few beers and smoked up before I came in and I'm good to go.
Pinball ain't gay.

#272 6 years ago

54732253 (resized).jpg54732253 (resized).jpg

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Again that proves my point, the racism is so deep, apparently even he can't see it.

Nor can you:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinballhoudini-will-be-at-pinball-expo/page/3#post-3361225

This thread is getting a major PLONK!!

#274 6 years ago

This thread is getting out of control. I don't think we need to rehash some horrible posts from almost a year ago that caused an uproar, received serious moderation, and got everybody worked up.

Sometimes people post things across the line, or that ride damn close to it. We are a community, and all communities have issues and disagreements here or there. But I don't think we should rehash and turn it into a second expo thread.

#275 6 years ago

this thread is getting derailed

IMG_1957 (resized).JPGIMG_1957 (resized).JPG

#276 6 years ago

I sense some page 6 shit starting to happen.

#277 6 years ago

This thread is funny. People should be able to laugh a themselves no matter who or what they are. I'm white redneck who still lives in the same town he was born in. I will probably have the same boring ass career my whole life because I am afraid to venture out. I am in no position to condemn anyone. Now, a friendly poke is another story.

#278 6 years ago

Too many people get their panties in a twist because the fairy tales they believe in are at odds with somebody else's fairy tales. I am by no means a SJW but what people do in the privacy of their own home or in their day to day lives does not impact me and is none of my business. Relationships are tough and if you are lucky enough to find somebody that makes you feel special and that you love then that is awesome! Also, nobody else's business.

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I will probably have the same boring ass, a friendly poke

#280 6 years ago

Pinball is just for Drifters and Homosexuals

54f01ea5df662e0501d691fea1c722dfb8c96497 (resized).jpg54f01ea5df662e0501d691fea1c722dfb8c96497 (resized).jpg

#281 6 years ago

OMG we're all gangsters now. The "pins". Reminds me of "the warriors" movie. Matter of fact there are pins in that movie.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

OMG we're all gangsters now. The "pins". Reminds me of "the warriors" movie. Matter of fact there are pins in that movie.

I know."A hot night in the life of a pinball addict"...am I living in the wrong place? I was finishing tearing down my Vampire playfield tonight for the resto, and it was a little warm in my gameroom. That doesn't sound like what they were describing, but that's reality.

#283 6 years ago

Question for Vid (or any other gay guy):

When you go to pinball shows, do you hear "It's Raining Men" playing on an endless loop in your head?

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I just spit coffee all over my work laptop.

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I saw vid once at a gay bar in Budapest, but is was really smokey. He looked kind of like a cross between Tom Seleck and Shia LaBeouf.

So Shia LaBeouf with a moustache and very short jean shorts?

In related news, I have a friend in Brussels who looks like Higgins.

#286 6 years ago

Looks like the thread topic is true

pinball (resized).pngpinball (resized).png

#287 6 years ago

Talk about taking things out of context. Ya BOOB

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

But apart from anecdotes, I don't really get the point of the comment.
Ha!

no particular point. Just responding to your comment about how people can be, saw you were in Sequim, and it reminded me of that. I lived in Bremerton for 40 years, and have hundreds of trips to play golf at SunLand and Dungeness. The folks always seemed friendly. So this guy certainly was no reflection on the community that he needed to 'save' from me.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

The pinball wizard has such a supple wrist.

#290 6 years ago

I knew it!!

IMG_3056 (resized).JPGIMG_3056 (resized).JPG

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When you go to pinball shows, do you hear "It's Raining Men" playing on an endless loop in your head?

Randy, Randy, Randy...the physical attributes of a good portion of attendees at pinball shows may very well be enough to turn a gay man straight. Don't bring the favorites from your iTunes playlist into this thread.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I find it ironic that they are sitting on a WH2O.

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know it's old, but at the last show, Author & Punisher's "Terrorbird" was stuck in my head.

I had not heard it in years, it just got in there and would not leave.

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know it's old, but at the last show, Author & Punisher "Terrorbird" was stuck in my head.
I had not heard it in years, it just got in there and would not leave.

Even as a musician myself, I think that's the strangest fuckin video I've ever seen. And I thought Tool videos were odd...awesome jam to boot. I just cranked this up in my office and disrupted everyone...

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

beelzeboob , Have you been to a pinball show and see what attends?

The song I hear is "I feel pretty" from West Side Story.

#296 6 years ago

Off topic, what game is that sleazy metro teen playing in post 280? Cant ID it.

#297 6 years ago

Tool's Hush is more appropriate for this thread.

#298 6 years ago

Would you or would you not go into a gay bar if they had an awesome line up of pinball machine?

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Off topic, what game is that sleazy metro teen playing in post 280? Cant ID it.

Looks like a Capt. Fantastic to me.

Edit: Nah.

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I find it ironic that they are sitting on a WH2O.

With a topper! True pinball enthusiasts!

There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-gay/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.