Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by scooter
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

arcade.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

with the wonderful news from charlie about his new pinball venture,it got me thinking.
    there are now more companys/groups manufacturing games than any time since the 1950,s.

now,some of you,will say they have not produced a game yet. this is true.however,there will be games coming this year from 2-3 new groups that have not released a game before. there are some who will say location pinball is dead. this might be true.but the more games that are released and the more people that buy games for the home the better it is for pinball.
    its a win win for all uf us and i feel the best of pinball has yet to be seen.
    fwiw, im the most excited about charlie,s game. the 1st original,unlicenced game in 14 years.

#5 11 years ago

i believe you are correct,both nemo and the new game from heighway pinball are unlicenced themes. good times for us pinheads.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Good to see any surge. Would be better if it was operator driven, but what can you do, those days are over for good.

maybe,maybe not. there are new arcade/bar cades opening all over the country. it is a different business model than the traditional arcade that we grew up with but its happening. i agree that we most likely will never see pins at the local 7/11 again but your local bar and grill may soon have a woz,avengers,and a jpop,heighway,or spooky pin. the best thing we as pinheads can do to help this along is to spread the news. talk to management at your local watering hole. if you belong to a pin club get your members to go anywhere that pins are. let local ops know if they have pins and keep em clean and running you will put lots of money in to them. there is a local bar and grill near me that got 1 pin in. everytime i would go in there to play i would talk to the bar tender about getting more games. he said he was getting so much good feed back that after 2 months he got 2 more games in.if pinball is going to stay active in public we have to make it happen.

#38 11 years ago

this is pinball,not english.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

It wasn't me, but it could've been. The original poster declares that pinball is back big time. Is it really? Stern shipped around 5000 games last year. During the 90's, more than half a million NIB games were sold. Over 100,000 in 1992 alone. 5000 games a year is hardly big time.
    Secondly, the poster suggests location pinball dying off is no big deal. Home buyers will fill the void. That's simply not true. Having a pin at home is luxury item most people in this country can't afford, let alone the rest of the world. Pinball will never fully recover without the location player. For more than 80 years, people have known pinball as something that is done socially away from the home. Now you usually do it alone in your basement. That's big time? I find it depressing.
    If you want pinball to come back big time, play on location regularly. If there are no good locations in your area, either put your games out or move.

i agree with you on supporting location pinball. i do and everyone here should. if you read my 2nd post i covered that subject. the fact remains that most forms of entertainment that were once location based are now in our home. movies and arcades being the 2 most common.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

It wasn't me, but it could've been. The original poster declares that pinball is back big time. Is it really? Stern shipped around 5000 games last year. During the 90's, more than half a million NIB games were sold. Over 100,000 in 1992 alone. 5000 games a year is hardly big time.
    Secondly, the poster suggests location pinball dying off is no big deal. Home buyers will fill the void. That's simply not true. Having a pin at home is luxury item most people in this country can't afford, let alone the rest of the world. Pinball will never fully recover without the location player. For more than 80 years, people have known pinball as something that is done socially away from the home. Now you usually do it alone in your basement. That's big time? I find it depressing.
    If you want pinball to come back big time, play on location regularly. If there are no good locations in your area, either put your games out or move.

did you even read my post? i never said location pinball dying is no big deal.

#57 11 years ago

i try to play location pinball at least 1 time a week. when i do i always buy at least a soda or iced tea and often some food. that helps the place that has the pins and the op who placed them there.
    i wish more ops would take better care of their games. that,more than anything else is what will help or destroy location pinball.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Kids want gambling devices for those redemption tickets; simple and mindless. They only care about what gets them the most tickets for their quarter. Kids have little interest in games of skill that could earn more tickets; that is my opinion anyway.
    I think another pinsider helped me form it earlier last week when he observed that the irony in how pinball was shunned for its gaming past when now all arcades are is mini slot machine games of chance.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-industries-being-purchased
    that was me,see page 2. thank you for the kind reply on my post.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-back-big-time?tu=mrgone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.