Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by scooter
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

arcade.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heighwaypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

It wasn't me, but it could've been. The original poster declares that pinball is back big time. Is it really? Stern shipped around 5000 games last year. During the 90's, more than half a million NIB games were sold. Over 100,000 in 1992 alone. 5000 games a year is hardly big time.
    Secondly, the poster suggests location pinball dying off is no big deal. Home buyers will fill the void. That's simply not true. Having a pin at home is luxury item most people in this country can't afford, let alone the rest of the world. Pinball will never fully recover without the location player. For more than 80 years, people have known pinball as something that is done socially away from the home. Now you usually do it alone in your basement. That's big time? I find it depressing.
    If you want pinball to come back big time, play on location regularly. If there are no good locations in your area, either put your games out or move.

Couldn't agree with you more.

This is why we are specifically targeting operators and trying to get pinball back out into the public domain again

Andrew

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You have your work cut out for you then.
    Most operators aren't buying pins. Most operators won't buy from a new company. Worried about parts and tech support later.
    Best wishes. I hope you can do it.
    LTG : )

We don't underestimate the task in hand.

But with the current total market being less than 10% of what it was in the 90s, and the operators market being well less that 5%, there's huge growth potential.

Will it take time for us to establish ourselves? Probably. But we are in this for the long haul.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've mentioned it before but check out what WMS, IGT, and Ballys do with their high end slot machine. They have transparent LCD (looks like glass unless they want it to display a video) . . . it is some cool stuff.
    I'm sadly not in on the JPop games so I don't know what he is up to (and didn't sign any NDA) but if I had to guess he was using this technology from slot machines and implementing it into his playfield glass. Talk about something that would be revolutionary and could complete the pinball2000 vision with a full size full action real pinball machine.
    I sure hope this is what JPop is doing anyway.

We revealed our use of this technology back at the UK Pinball Party last August.

We expect it to be incorporated into our "Deluxe" cabinet version during the course of this year

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heighwaypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-back-big-time?tu=heighwaypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.