5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by websherpa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

As far as I can tell, DK Custom Pinball no longer exists and the PIG (Pinball Interface Gadget) has fallen into the great dustbin of pinball aftermarket history.

Does anyone know who designed / ran this company and how I can contact them?

Does anyone have a schematic for the PIG?

Anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with it?

Thanks.

2 months later
    #2 4 years ago

Also interested in this. Anything available with the same functionality?

5 months later
    #4 4 years ago

Does anyone have a Manual for the V2 of the PIG please? Managed to pick one up, and conscious that the V1 and V2 differ...

Many thanks

#6 4 years ago

There's not really a manual in here, but it does have the latest firmware that I'm aware of and a bit of usage description:
    http://ledocd.com/files/PIG_2_Update_1.0b8.zip

11 months later
    #7 3 years ago

I should chime in here. I have an unused PIG 2 collecting dust because I have no manual (No idea why not). I was never able to contact the original author dkpinball (he has an account on here but it is not used). I do have a copy of the PIG 1 Manual, but it was an analog device that just used on off and invert logic, as well as a couple dimmers.

The PIG 2 used programming to achieve much the same with additional functionality, and with a bit of experimenting with the default code it can probably do the same easily, but I am sure that it could be programmed to do more and effect timings and that sort of thing.

What I can see is that you were able to map each of 4 Inputs (plus a separate GI input) to any one or more of four outputs simultaneously, with a "buffer" which I guess might allow only a certain number of hits on a trigger circuit to be stored and executed? And an inversion setting which be "normally on" and "normally off" settings.

Each of the 4 outputs allows a power setting, fade, delay, a mapping to the GI and a few other settings I don't understand that control repeats delays, decays and resets.

It can also be mapped to servos (there is a 6 pin connector for 2 Servo motors) controlled by each of 6 inputs (although where all 6 inputs come from I am not sure given there are only 4 inputs plus a GI Input.

There is an AUX 4 pin connector as well.

The firmware update adds commands for inverting the output. It is set up to download via USB from a Windows machine using avrdude.exe (and includes a copy and drivers).

Maybe one day I'll have time to plug it in to some test power and switches to see if I can figure out more of its logic.

IF anyone has a copy of the V2 manual, I would greatly appreciate it,

OR if someone WANTS a PIG2 then I would happily sell mine for $50 plus shipping.

#8 3 years ago

I put up a manual for the original pig manual here
    https://swinks.com.au/manuals

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I put up a manual for the original pig manual here
    https://swinks.com.au/manuals

Thank you for this, this is the Version 1 manual that I have too. It's the programming instruction for the V2 PIG that I think was only in a web archive and sadly that disappeared before I think anyone saved it off or printed it all out.

The search continues.

1 year later
    #10 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for a PIG II Interface board (new) I am selling mine unused along with documentation collected. PM me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-interface-gaget-by-dk-custom-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.