(Topic ID: 298391)

Pinball Injuries

By CUJO

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180813_194052 (resized).jpg
    20190618_141306 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Most all of us have worked on our own pins, some more than others.

I know I have had my share of minor to more severe injuries working on my pins.

The minor incidents I have had: cuts, scrapes, solder burns, electrical shocks, knocking my head and cutting it and others I can't think off right now.
    One major incidents: Running thru the house barefooted full speed and catching my left foot between the big toe and first toe, breaking the toe and heel pad.

I haven't had a playfield drop on my head (yet) but that would not be a good day.

I've strained my back leaning into a pin for hours.

I know there's been a lot worse "incidents" out there that are cringe worthy.

CuJo

#2 2 years ago

This is always a fun share for me- took a Haunted house playfield to the nose, from a "standing straight up" position. Not only did it breakmy nose, but tore skin off from my face lol, blood everywhere...

20190618_141306 (resized).jpg20190618_141306 (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

Metal-Mods coming out the gate hard!

My worst injuries have all been psychic ones.

#4 2 years ago

Heres my skin all over the part that hit me:

20180813_194052 (resized).jpg20180813_194052 (resized).jpg
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Metal-Mods coming out the gate hard!
    My worst injuries have all by psychic ones.

Wish I was psychic on this one lol

#7 2 years ago

I’ve had a variety of smaller events but worst for me was having ER nurse dig 906 out of my fingers. Crumbled into me because it overheated and got brittle.

Fortunately/surprisingly nothing too bad with a soldering iron.

You haven’t lived until you’ve experienced DMD voltage.

Complacency is what can get you. I’ve probably worked on/moved maybe 500-750 machines. I honestly don’t have a clue. Could be higher.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from metal-mods:

This is always a fun share for me- took a Haunted house playfield to the nose, from a "standing straight up" position. Not only did it breakmy nose, but tore skin off from my face lol, blood everywhere...
    [quoted image]

You win

#9 2 years ago

Pinjury or Pinjuries if you get more than one.

#10 2 years ago

Oh my Metal Mods ... That made me cringe to look at! At least you look happy in that pic! LOL

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Pinjury or Pinjuries if you get more than one.

Oops..I searched for pinball injuries. Nothing came up so thought I was creating new thread...

#13 2 years ago

Probably just the typical dropping playfield on the head issue. Nowhere near as bad as Metal-Mods though. WWOW!

#14 2 years ago

Recently tried to play with one leg on the glass like TheLaw does but my form was bad and it backfired terribly -
    pulled a hammy.
    Beer helped that eve.

#15 2 years ago

My injuries have been mostly to my pride....

#16 2 years ago

Had a pin on end that I was packing up to move long distance and I picked up the wrench off of the floor to take off the front legs and nailed my head on the back side of one of them. Fair bit of blood from that one and a very fair amount of cursing.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

My injuries have been mostly to my pride....

Those always hurt the most too

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I knew there were a lot of topics created on “Pinjuries” but I had no idea there were that many!

I'd like to say the machines are heavy and dangerous...but I think it's just us aging

#19 2 years ago

Worst for me was a Centaur in 1986 or so. My first location. Broken flipper wire. Plugged in soldering iron. This one actially had an issue where it got extra hot for some reason. Set on endrail holder. Got distracted and leaned in machine to grab something with my left hand and forgot the iron was their.
    Very bad burn which required medical attention.

Other was at Big Al's shop in 1989 or so. Slid a Space shuttle across the floor. I stupidly grabbed endrail on both sides by finger tips trying to be cool. The game hit a crevice on the floor and stopped. I sliced the tips on my right handed fingers and needed stitches. Al paid the bill and I was back to work in a few days.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-injuries-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.