11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by crassmage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from crassmage:

Hi everyone, I am doing my informative speech for my college speech class on kind of the history of pinball and was hoping this community could come up with some interesting facts etc that I can put in my speech, you know stuff I couldn't just google. Thanks for any help.

I did a history speech for the Art Deco Society at Playland. Rather than an all-encompassing history, which tends to lead to yawning pretty quickly, I focused on one part: gambling.

A lot of people don't know that pinball was once a gambling game. There are still laws on the books in my city related to Bingos so I used those as a jumping off point. (Here they are if you want to see them: http://library.municode.com/HTML/16308/level2/TIT9PUPEMOWE_CH9.24GA.html#TIT9PUPEMOWE_CH9.24GA_9.24.090PIMA )

If you search books.google.com or the google news archive, there's a good chance you can find articles about pinball for your local area.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from crassmage:

Thanks for the great reply, I was going to include alot of that but didnt want to get too detailed as it is a 5 minute speech to mostly kids straight outta High School, was going for the attention grabbers and such but I think alot of that will help as it is interesting at least. I need a visual aid too, still trying to figure that one out, maybe a backglass?. I am one of the old guys in there sadly...... Thanks again Gweempose

An actual pinball would be good. People are often surprised at the weight of them.

And you can make ball jokes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-informative-speech?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.